Fleetrun - new application for maintenance management

(13/11/2018 18:21:17 отредактировано mars)

Тема: Fleetrun - new application for maintenance management

Dear community,

today is a very special day. Gurtam and particulary Labs department are happy to announce that we have just released new application for maintenance management - Fleetrun. It is a huge milestone in Wialon ambition to become a more sophisticated fleet management system.

Some of you are lucky to have already witnessed Fleetrun during Telematics 2018 and beta-testing. Now it is available under https://fleetrun.wialon.com for everybody.

In this topic our team will elaborate on the newest additions to the solution as well as ways to apply them in your businesses.

Let me briefly introduce you to the app's functionality.

In the center of the app there a Fleet, which is activated for an account of your client. Fleet is basically a container for maintenance intervals, services and line items.

Once you login, the first that you see is a fleet Dashboard. The following information is available in it:

- number of due, overdue and in progress services;
- number of active units and units in service;
- number of created intervals;

- information of all units in the fleet cost per 1 unit of mileage (km/mi);
- graphics with the total cost of all closed services;
- graphics with the fleet mileage and engine hours value.

https://forum.gurtam.com/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&item=8523&download=0

So that the dashboard looks informative, you need to start setting up the fleet information and actually control maintenance and other services of your fleet. Let's have a look at what are the possibilities here:

* creation of maintenance intervals

To create an interval you need to specify interval name, description, frequency and advance notice value. This value states when the service (based on the corresponding interval) should be created automatically taken into account the interval frequency. Additionally, the online service reminder will take place.

e.g. The frequency of interval for oil change is 5000 km. The advance notice for this value is 50 km. It means that the service will be created at the 4950 km point of unit mileage.

Under interval creation you can also assign units to the interval. Please note that unlike Maintenance module in WH, a number of units can be assigned to one interval. Eventually there is one interval and a number of services based on it - one service for each assigned unit.

https://forum.gurtam.com/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&item=8515&download=0

* registering services

As said above, with the right configuration of an interval for the corresponding units the due services will be created. A due service can be manually moved to in progress or closed status.

Besides that a service in any status can be created manually, it does not necessarily have to be linked to an interval. This can assist you in registering unplanned maintenance, e.g. repairs.

A huge enhancement of registering services is a possibility to attache files to the service: bills from workshop or scanned documents. With such a functionality fleet managers can have more control of performing services.

https://forum.gurtam.com/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&item=8518&download=0

https://forum.gurtam.com/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&item=8519&download=0

* get detailed overview of each unit in the fleet (unit dashboard as well as units services and intervals lists);

https://forum.gurtam.com/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&item=8522&download=0

* execute an extended report regarding all closed services by fleet, specific unit or interval;

https://forum.gurtam.com/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&item=8521&download=0

* get online-notification about each service status change to be able to quickly react to the changes in the service;

https://forum.gurtam.com/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&item=8520&download=0

* fill in the library of line items so that when registering a service you can select the performed labour and used parts from the predefined list. Library of line items simplifies adding them to the service directly with its cost.

https://forum.gurtam.com/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&item=8516&download=0

Migration of intervals and services from Wialon Hosting to Fleetrun will speed up your work with the application and immidiately fill it in with the actual data.

https://forum.gurtam.com/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&item=8517&download=0

I would also like to pay your attention to the how the work in Fleetrun is started. So that an end user, fleet manager of an N fleet, is able to start working with Fleetrun, there should a fleet activated for him correspondingly. Activation can be performed by any user with the dealer rights in the Administration interface. Besides that in the Administration interface it is possible to add units to the fleet, grant access rights to the user and configure sending notifications to the external services.

Plase proceed to our enhanced documentation specially for Fleetrun  to find more information abou the solution: https://fleetrun.wialon.com/docs/en/

There is also a blog post that you can get acquianted with: https://gurtam.com/en/blog/fleetrun-for-maintenance

And last but not the least our young apps needs an active engagement from you to understand what side of it should be further developed and advanced. That's why we will be glad to recieve your feedback, questions and ideas at m.starikova@gurtam.com or on forum.

Enjoy!

Masha Starikova,
Business Analyst, Gurtam
Join our Telegram Update Channel | Следите за обновлениями на нашем Telegram канале

Re: Fleetrun - new application for maintenance management

mars, is Fleetrun available for WL also?

hhamedk пишет:

mars, is Fleetrun available for WL also?

Nope, need wait until WL 1904

Eduard Vald / GoGPS Service
www.gogps.eu

Dear partners,

so that Fleetrun appears in the apps panel in WH you need to perform the following actions:

1) Enter https://cms.wialon.com/ under the top-user account.

2) Select Apps Configurator in the top side menu.

3) Go to the Installed tab.

4) Select Fleetrun from the list.

5) Press OK.

There is more information here: https://docs.wialon.com/en/hosting/cms/apps/apps

Masha Starikova,
Business Analyst, Gurtam
Join our Telegram Update Channel | Следите за обновлениями на нашем Telegram канале

mars Hello Masha

First of all, great app; visually very pleasent to look at and work with. Magnitudes more easy to work with than using the old system for maintenance.

You asked for comments/suggestions/etc. Here are a few:

Right now, a user can know how many vehicles are available and how many are in service. For services in progress, it would be interesting to be able to put an estimated completition date. The idea is that in this way, a fleet manager can see theoretically how many vehicles will be available tomorrow, in 3 days, in two weeks, etc based on the estimated completion date. I know that this would be just theoretical of course because 10 trucks could break down 5 minutes after checking the info but an estimate is better than nothing. It could help plan for renting extra trucks (capacity) in case a shortage is predicted. This happens for some of my clients who sometimes need to rent extra capcity.

A question I have is how long the records are stored for? 3 months like the position data?

Thank you

Robert

(21/11/2018 13:17:57 отредактировано mars)

RobertoS пишет:

Right now, a user can know how many vehicles are available and how many are in service. For services in progress, it would be interesting to be able to put an estimated completition date.

Dear Roberto,

thanks a lot for such a positive feedback.

Let me first answer your question and then I will ask mine smile

Regarding data storage we will do our best to support storing data in Fleetrun for up to 5 years so that our users are able to analyze data for long periods of time. The most vivid example here would be comparing fleet costs for e.g. 2017 and 2018 years.

Now moving to your suggestion.

Generally it is great, I will put it down for further research. There is a couple of questions I am interested in:

1. Is estimated date of service completion based only on the idea of a fleet manager? Or he might have some data to judge upon/is it provided by the workshop mechanics?

2. Is such a plan for vehicles in service equally actual for small (up to 10 vehicles), medium (up to 70 vehicles) and large (more than 70 vehicles) fleets of your clients?

Thank you!

Masha

Masha Starikova,
Business Analyst, Gurtam

mars пишет:
RobertoS пишет:

Right now, a user can know how many vehicles are available and how many are in service. For services in progress, it would be interesting to be able to put an estimated completition date.

Dear Roberto,

Regarding data storage we will do our best to support storing data in Fleetrun for up to 5 years so that our users are able to analyze data for long periods of time. The most vivid example here would be comparing fleet costs for e.g. 2017 and 2018 years.

Generally it is great, I will put it down for further research. There is a couple of questions I am interested in:

1. Is estimated date of service completion based only on the idea of a fleet manager? Or he might have some data to judge upon/is it provided by the workshop mechanics?

2. Is such a plan for vehicles in service equally actual for small (up to 10 vehicles), medium (up to 70 vehicles) and large (more than 70 vehicles) fleets of your clients?

Thank you!

Masha

Hello Masha

I would say that five years would be just wonderful! When will we have confirmation of that and as a side question; what is the current storing duration that I can tell my clients?

To answer you:

1. This would be given by the workshop mechanics. The clients for whom this capacity prediction is interesting have their own workshop to do their repairs and maintenance. So the information comes from in-house.

2. The two clients so far that would find this useful are in the medium and large category.

To be clear, this is not a requirement they have emitted but working closely with them and knowing how they operate, I know that such an option/info would be appreciated.

Hope this helps you

Robert

RobertoS пишет:
mars пишет:
RobertoS пишет:

Dear Roberto,

Thank you!

Masha

Hello Masha

I would say that five years would be just wonderful! When will we have confirmation of that and as a side question; what is the current storing duration that I can tell my clients?

To answer you:

1. This would be given by the workshop mechanics. The clients for whom this capacity prediction is interesting have their own workshop to do their repairs and maintenance. So the information comes from in-house.

2. The two clients so far that would find this useful are in the medium and large category.

To be clear, this is not a requirement they have emitted but working closely with them and knowing how they operate, I know that such an option/info would be appreciated.

Hope this helps you

Robert

I appreciate your answers, Roberto.

As for the period of data storage, we do not limit it currently. The official information that is provided in our blog says that it is 5 years. In case anything changes in our plans, you will be informed.

Masha Starikova,
Business Analyst, Gurtam

Great presentation today and great potential.  I encourage adding a couple of custom client fields to solve to the services tab to enable solving individual needs, examples categorizing types of services, recording vendor names or invoice numbers, ATA codes, etc.for reporting purposes. Seems would be quite simple enhancement .  Please consider.

mars, may you share your webinar capture?

(22/11/2018 16:45:48 отредактировано mars)

fleetlogik пишет:

Great presentation today and great potential.  I encourage adding a couple of custom client fields to solve to the services tab to enable solving individual needs, examples categorizing types of services, recording vendor names or invoice numbers, ATA codes, etc.for reporting purposes. Seems would be quite simple enhancement .  Please consider.

Thanks a lot for participating in the webinar!

What concerns adding custom fields for a service, you can provide additinal service information in the Description field. It is available for each service and further on is visible in the service list and in reports.

Masha Starikova,
Business Analyst, Gurtam

(22/11/2018 16:45:57 отредактировано mars)

hhamedk пишет:

mars, may you share your webinar capture?

Dear Hamed,

the webinar recording will become available tomorrow. Please follow the news here.

Masha Starikova,
Business Analyst, Gurtam

Hello Mars... We would like to be able "to edit" a closed/done service, this is in case we forgot to include an expense or we did a mistake with the informatrion we typed.  Hope it will be possible.

Congratulations with this development, we are very excited to get the most of it...

Best regards !

Hello everyone!
The webinar record is available here.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or suggestions.
Best regards.

jhdeguate пишет:

Hello Mars... We would like to be able "to edit" a closed/done service, this is in case we forgot to include an expense or we did a mistake with the informatrion we typed.  Hope it will be possible.

Congratulations with this development, we are very excited to get the most of it...

Best regards !

Dear Jary,

thanks a lot for your suggestion, I have put it down for further analysis.

Dear community, do you believe that functionality of editing the closed services can be useful?

Masha Starikova,
Business Analyst, Gurtam

mars пишет:
jhdeguate пишет:

Best regards !

Dear Jary,

thanks a lot for your suggestion, I have put it down for further analysis.

Dear community, do you believe that functionality of editing the closed services can be useful?

Hello Masha

Yes, that sounds like a good thing indeed.

Hi, It would be interesting to be able to carry trailers as well as trucks and drivers with their license expiration dates and safety courses.

Regards

Uruguay пишет:

Hi, It would be interesting to be able to carry trailers as well as trucks and drivers with their license expiration dates and safety courses.

Regards

Dear Gabriel,

thanks a lot for your suggestion. I am noting it down for further analysis and will return to you as soon as I have some news or feedback.

Masha Starikova,
Business Analyst, Gurtam

jhdeguate пишет:

Best regards !

We support editing/deleting closed service ,if some errors has been made it can not be undone.We made wrong service and now it cant be deleted.

Best regards

Dear aahero, RobertoS, jhdeguate,

in regards to deleting and editing closed services I have the following question: do you believe there should be special rights given to users to perform these actions?

It seems that if any user can edit or delete such services, there is a possibility for manipulations that fleet managers may not want to allow.

Masha Starikova,
Business Analyst, Gurtam

mars Wrote:

in regards to deleting and editing closed services I have the following question: do you believe there should be special rights given to users to perform these actions?

Despite I didn't request this function, but I believe there should be special right for that not to give any user access for that.

mars пишет:

It seems that if any user can edit or delete such services, there is a possibility for manipulations that fleet managers may not want to allow.

Hello Masha

Indeed, that is something I have considered. You are right in your thinking. Ideally there should be different levels/access rights given to each user. For example only allowed to enter information but not edit, allowed to enter information and edit.

Robert

Dear partners,

since the release of Fleetrun we have been working hard to enhance the application and make it better. The team released a couple of bug fixing updates so far and today we have one more update with major features like:

- white-labeling of the app;

Now you are able to alter DNS, the title of the app and web-gis for Gurtam Maps. There is also an opportunity to change a link for documentation. If no link is added when setting up the white label, no documentation link will be available for the white-labeled apps.

- ability to select unit type from the units list;

For a more convenient work with the unit types we have added a possibility to change a unit type from the unit list. By selecting the question mark icon (is displayed for those units that do not have a unit type yet) the system will prompt you to select the unit type. Now you do not have to enter each unit’s screen to perform this action - the effort is minimal.

https://forum.gurtam.com/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&item=8628&download=0

Additionally, in the unit type filter the types that do not have a single assigned units are disabled. Filtering now should be quicker.

https://forum.gurtam.com/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&item=8629&download=0

We encourage you to spend a few minutes to enter the unit types as it is highly important for Fleetrun as well as for Wialon to understand what our users (vehicles) are. And we are on our way to get to know this smile

We are also getting some requests regarding unit groups and we believe that organizing these groups by type is a rather logical solution. This comes from the fact that service types might be different from between light vehicles and lorries.

- interface in the Brazilian Portuguese language;

https://forum.gurtam.com/misc.php?action=pun_attachment&item=8630&download=0

The interface of Fleetrun is now available in Brazilian Portuguese. If you want Fleetrun to be translated into you language, please address support@gurtam.com or me directly mars@gurtam.com.

The more to come soon!

Masha Starikova,
Business Analyst, Gurtam

mars пишет:

Hello Mars... for sure, it has to be "authorized users ONLY".
Regards,

Jary Hernandez