Route Exporting Link

Topic: Route Exporting Link

Hello,
The possibility of exporting routes and send to drivers in Wialon without the need of using logistics would solve some cases easily.
I'm sending screenshots of how it could be added, it would work similar to Locator links, but without the need of configurating anything.

Routes: When finishing a route, there would have a button to export/send the link.

Nearest Units: This tool is very great for clients who needs to send a quick route: Would have the possibility to use a geofence as address, show the route of the nearest vehicle (optimized by the traffic) and a button to export/send the link.

The route would be exported similar to this: https://goo.gl/maps/Zafc8tvpD3ZAktCr8

Fernando Brochetto
Technical Support, Rastreasul

fernando@rastreasul.com.br

Route Exporting Link

Re: Route Exporting Link

Hello Fernando

You mentioned the google route link. I found that this feature is possible for google map mainly. Such routes may use google routing and be opened with google app only. Gurtam maps do not work outside Wialon. Other map providers do not support a feature to have a link of route or mobile map application.

Some devices support the "Send route" command. So the user may send on such a device from already existed routes or create new.
If you need to send coordinates, you may use Chatterbox. With the "Nearest unit" tool, you also may send coordinates if the device supports such command type.

Navigation should be set in an external program. As usual, navigators support routing function.

Tatsiana Kots
Business Analyst, Gurtam
Join our Telegram Update Channel | Следите за обновлениями на нашем Telegram канале

Route Exporting Link

(edited by Fernando Brochetto 01/10/2019 15:35:05)

Hello tata,
The option to send coordinates isn't a fast way to send a location for ambulances, firemen, police, that needs in the fastest way possible.
Most companies are using whatsapp here, so if you could just copy the link and send to the driver, he could open the location inside the GPS in seconds, like there is inside the app Wialon.

You could just work with this model of link (One location = place. More than one = dir):
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/ COORDINATES 01 / COORDINATES 02 / COORDINATES 03 ...

https://www.google.com/maps/place/ COORDINATE

For example:
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/-29.166 … -51.158285

https://www.google.com/maps/place/-29.1 … 51.1758466

Fernando Brochetto

Route Exporting Link

All the things you describe are good for mobile. Send smth to What's app, use Google map app with routes and so on. And you may use these functions on mobile right now.
But it is not common for web applications.

Also, I should notice that there is a lack of your own cases and examples from your practice where such functions may help.  We cannot implement smth if we don't know what task this feature helps to solve and how it may help all our partners.

Tatsiana Kots
Business Analyst, Gurtam
Join our Telegram Update Channel | Следите за обновлениями на нашем Telegram канале

Route Exporting Link

(edited by Fernando Brochetto 03/10/2019 22:13:16)

Hello tata,
Yes, the idea is to use the links to send to drivers' cell phones and use in google maps, the person who is monitoring the vehicles would create the route into Desktop and the drivers would use into his devices.

Route:
When a client needs to do a lot of trips, he need to organize the best route to avoid unnecessary distances. He could register all the clients as geofences, create a route, optimize it, export it and then send to the driver. Sending the whole route optimized would help the drivers to visit all the clients with the shortests/fastests trips, saving fuel, time...

Nearest Units:
A client who needs to send a unit into some place in the fastest way possible, for example gas distributors, police: you could discover which unit have the fastest way to the location and send immediatly the route to the driver by SMS or copy the link and send by whatsapp.

Fernando Brochetto

Route Exporting Link

Hello Fernando Brochetto

I have thoroughly studied your idea. I appreciate your idea that will assist all the Gurtam Partners in the future. Routes module must have this kind of feature through which a driven can be directed to the route points by sending a google maps link in a text message. I also recommend this feature to be in the routes module. It will make the process more easy and convenient for the driver. Drivers can take the best suitable route for the destinations by using google maps link.

ifleet.pk

Route Exporting Link

I vote requested feature...

Route Exporting Link

I've added the idea to the backlog.
Also, I want to bring to notice that such a feature may be available for those who have a commercial Google key. So, this is not a universal tool as most map APIs don't have such functionality and don't have a mobile navigator at the same time.

But most cases you may solve right now when sending coordinates to your driver. If you should solve some tricky case with distributing 20 places for the driver, then the ready route may have sense. But the is no sense in sending route for just one point (like the case with the nearest unit) as you may send coordinates to your driver, he will build a route in Google Maps app the same way as dispatcher do it on this workspace. A driver may manage this task even better than a dispatcher.

I will appreciate for sharing your cases when it would be useful to send routes and when sending coordinates cannot solve the issue.

Tatsiana Kots
Business Analyst, Gurtam