New Button Monitoring Tab: Actions

Тема: New Button Monitoring Tab: Actions

Hello,
We usually need to send a location link of the units to our technical team and clients.
The only "fast" way we can get this links is like the screenshot attached. I was talking to our Technical Account Manager and a New Button in the monitoring list would help partners and clients doing some actions faster.

Problem:
Some actions, like creating a geofence in a vehicle, getting its location and sending to someone, creating a locator link, could be easier to do.

Solution:
Creating new button in the monitoring tab: actions.
This button would have the funcions:
- Copy link/share link, to send link with the location from Google Maps to someone;
- Create locator link, again copy/share link;
- Create Geofence: automatically create a circular 50 m radius geofence uppon the unit location.

Maybe other partners have some suggestions too.

User:
Sharing locations with monitoring tab would be easier. Also, the actions button would help crating geofence when the units are parked in points of interest.

• New Button Monitoring Tab: Actions
Fernando Brochetto
Technical Support, Rastreasul

fernando@rastreasul.com.br

Re: New Button Monitoring Tab: Actions

Hello Fernando Brochetto,

First of all, I'm sorry to keep you waiting.

Your idea is really very interesting. It would be useful and convenient to have a button or panel that contains the most commonly used functions. This would reduce the time to perform certain actions, for example, the creation of new elements (geofences, drivers). In this case, you don’t need to make some additional clicks to go first to another tab, and then find the necessary function.
In this regard, I have a request for you. Could you provide the list of additional functions that would be convenient to have quick access to? These can be functions that require a large number of actions (which are difficult to find in the interface), as well as any others that are most requered by your clients and are used daily.

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon

(26/05/2020 15:57:11 отредактировано Fernando Brochetto)

Hello mana, how are you?

First of all, I'm sorry to keep you waiting

No problems smile

Could you provide the list of additional functions that would be convenient to have quick access to?

Yes, like this idea is also binded to other requests, we really need a way of sharing locations/routes, in this case, locations. For example, my case, I'm always sharing the locations of the units to our technical team for doing services, but it's very complicated to get this info from vehicles. Just an action button that when you touch you automatically have the link: https://www.google.com/maps/dir//COORDINATES would help a lot.
If you look this topic, it will make more sense: https://forum.gurtam.com/viewtopic.php? … 31#p179031
Almost the same happens with locator, so this would be nice to have a button too.

Creating geofences: I have also this request inside the mobile app. When a vehicle is parked somewhere, would be very easy to automatically create a circle geofence, just having to insert its name.

These are generally requests I have, maybe other partners have some different cases too.

Fernando Brochetto

Hello mana, I think that another option that could be included would be to bind to groups like its possible in notifications: select the groups to add the unit and the groups to remove.
Why? Because this option should be possible to be used with the units in the list of the monitoring panel.
Many times I had to find unit by unit to create a group of vehicles, it took a long time, and if I'm not wrong, I've already seen here in the forum a partner sharing this trouble.

• New Button Monitoring Tab: Actions
Fernando Brochetto