I'd like to make the following requests:-
1. Ability to set radius (CIRCLE) for all bus stops at one go. At the moment we have to adjust one-by-one. As a result, we have to do a lot of trial and error as to get Nimbus to count the bus stop visits accurately. 50 meters radius seems not a good setting. I believe 150 meters (but very depending on the tracker's data interval) will provide more accurate report.
2. Ability to set the width buffer of all routes (LINE). At the moment Nimbus tend to pop-up false route deviation alerts because the default width of route is too narrow.
3. Ability to customise or localise some terminologies. In our case, instead of RIDES, we call TRIPS.
4. Ability to hide/unhide the bus stops in order to make adjusting the routes more easily. At the moment, we cannot adjust POINTS hidden under the bus stops. This makes adjusting of routes very difficult especially when that bus stop is the point that caused looping route.
5. In the ONLINE screen, + and - for hurry and delay should be changed. + shall be for delay/late and - should be for hurry/early. +10 means the ride requires additional 10 minutes of traveling time to reach the next bus stop. -10 means the bus will arrive 10 minutes earlier to the bus stop.
6. A ride normally from Terminal A to Terminal B and from Terminal B to Terminal A. In FIFO bus assignment, the same bus will serve the ride. Hence, Nimbus should allow creation 1 block for the bus.
Unit No. ABC1234, Block 0001
Ride 1 - Terminal A to Terminal B : 08:00am
Ride 2 - Terminal B to Terminal A : 10:00am
Ride 3 - Terminal A to Terminal B : 12:00am
Ride 4 - Terminal B to Terminal A : 02:00am
7. Nimbus should allow printing of BLOCK under the RIDES menu. After a user assigned units to the blocks, he can print the lists and give them to drivers. This will reduce manual works to copy the unit assignments and prepare the list separately for drivers.
8. Nimbus should enable showing of driver names and phone no. on the ONLINE screen tooltips.
9. Notification at ONLINE screen should have a permanent placeholder. When we enable all notifications, it will block the view of the line map and vital info behind them such as RIDES IN LIMBO. Dispatchers need fast and easy access to the RIDES IN LIMBO in order to take action. If we enable all notifications, these notification will block the RIDES IN LIMBO and becomes very annoying. We close a notification, a new notification pop-up. Close this, anew will come. Close again, another will come.
10. In RIDES, user should be able to copy blocks from previous day because units normally remain the same with very minimum change. This will save user time from the need to spend time to assign units to blocks.
11. Access Rights requires a new capability to disable user from accessing stops, routes and blocks. When configured that way, the user can only bind/unbind units in RIDES, view ONLINE and REPORT. As of now, there is no such setting in Nimbus.
12. Nimbus should support START TRIP detection via two options. First option is Automatic start trip detection based on schedule. Second option is based on Parameter in Message. The second option will provide more accurate report for the fulfilled and not fulfilled rides. The automatic start trip detection has problem to support the logic for loop ride where the 1st and Final bus stop is at the same location.
Intermodal Telematic Service Provider