GPS monitoring of sheep

Тема: GPS monitoring of sheep

Hello,
I am looking for GPS tracker for monitoring of sheep. smile  Do you know any GPS tracker suitable for this kind of task?
Thanx!

GPS monitoring of sheep

Re: GPS monitoring of sheep

mimicar  if you get something on it please inform

i have a customer here also looking for this

Regards
Yoosouf Parvez
From Startouch
Mobile : +23057631200

GPS monitoring of sheep

Hi,

Is this what you are looking for ?  We use often this model in our country ...and with success.
It has own build in intelligence &  Sleep function available  .

regards

Baltika

• GPS monitoring of sheep

GPS monitoring of sheep

Baltika пишет:

We use often this model in our country ...and with success.
It has own build in intelligence &  Sleep function available  .

Harm, correct.

But if say truth: this is actual for Argentina (for cows): there are very large pastures
Sometime we received such inquiries

www.guardmagic.com ;
www.tankercontrol.com;

Products for vehicle and fuel monitoring

GPS monitoring of sheep

Hi Alexander,

Hmm ,  maybe I made mistake .... sorry ...    In my country we use always a combination of the 2 models, The 2 leg model and the sub model with 4 leg's and a tail ... We noticed that the 2 leg model goes often and unplanned into sleep mode, and the 4 leg model keep working .
Communication between the 2 leg and 4 leg model is wireless, it has some audio connection ( NOT bidirectional )
Also the 2 leg model is not suitable to work on long tracks per day .

regards
Baltika

GPS monitoring of sheep

Harm,

Baltika пишет:

the 2 leg model goes often and unplanned into sleep mode, and the 4 leg model keep working .
Communication between the 2 leg and 4 leg model is wireless, it has some audio connection ( NOT bidirectional )

Fine and clear.
I like 4 legs module

www.guardmagic.com ;
www.tankercontrol.com;

GPS monitoring of sheep

who is the supplier of this hardware ?

please send me a link if you have !

thanks

Regards
Yoosouf Parvez
From Startouch

GPS monitoring of sheep

i would use an asset tracker and disable movement mode! (just let it send once or twice per day)

GPS monitoring of sheep

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

GPS monitoring of sheep

any specific preference of hardware ?

Regards
Yoosouf Parvez
From Startouch

GPS monitoring of sheep

look, the questions must be the following:

- max. weight and size that sheep is not getting crazy. as bigger the sheep (or it becomes to a cow) as larger the hardware can be.
- standby time: how many months do you want to track the animals
- gsm coverage? do you have everywhere gsm coverage
- installation: where do you want to "install" the tracker? typicaly with a leather band... for cows there is professional equipment available but that costs more than the gps tracker :-))

by the way, Harm (Baltica) did not mention the following (swiss) method of tracking:
GPS monitoring of sheep

GPS monitoring of sheep

Hi Milleniumpower,

The 2 leg version we produce our selves, I it is not a punishment to do this. We practice a lot on the production skills .

regards
Baltika

milleniumpower пишет:

thanks

GPS monitoring of sheep

Hi Bush smile,

I am so fond on leather .... sorry . Every one his own hobby ..

regards
Baltika

wwbusch aka Buwo пишет:

look, the questions must be the following:

- max. weight and size that sheep is not getting crazy. as bigger the sheep (or it becomes to a cow) as larger the hardware can be.
- standby time: how many months do you want to track the animals
- gsm coverage? do you have everywhere gsm coverage
- installation: where do you want to "install" the tracker? typicaly with a leather band... for cows there is professional equipment available but that costs more than the gps tracker :-))

by the way, Harm (Baltica) did not mention the following (swiss) method of tracking:
GPS monitoring of sheep

GPS monitoring of sheep

(28/05/2015 16:29:38 отредактировано GuardMagic)

.Very fine.
I liked this topic!

Harm, very fine!

www.guardmagic.com ;
www.tankercontrol.com;

GPS monitoring of sheep

Baltika пишет:

Hi Milleniumpower,

The 2 leg version we produce our selves, I it is not a punishment to do this. We practice a lot on the production skills .

regards
Baltika

milleniumpower пишет:

thanks

Harm, its nice to hear that you still on active production :-)))))))))

Wolf.

GPS monitoring of sheep

Its high time for me to learn these techniques

Regards
Yoosouf Parvez
From Startouch

GPS monitoring of sheep

Thank you boys for useful information smile  Don't worry I know all this security systems...my family are farmers smile Sheep GPS monitoring is requested by our customer that has more bevies of sheep and wants to know on which field is which bevy. We do not track every single sheep smile  Our competitor offered him a solution and I think that also we can come with some clever idea. Concerning technical solution, I think everyone knows how adult sheep look like and we do not want it carry 100Ah car battery (weight approx. 23kg) on its neck smile GSM signal covering is OK and sending of 5 messages per day is enough. I thought that someone from you have experience with this kind of request and therefore I put it here. If noone have any idea then we have to figger out something by ourselves. Thanx for any advice. Even for the funny one smile

GPS monitoring of sheep

Hi Mimicar,

With pleasure smile

regards
Baltika

GPS monitoring of sheep

Hi,
i would use Flextrack´s Lommy Eye.

Its small, extremley effective with power supply, impemented in Wialon. For 4 Messages per day i would assume a standby time of round about 9 Months (Relaistic). Than you need to exchange the Batterie which costs your round about 5 USD if you buy the in Asia,

Or you use the "15" Year Version but than you have to send them your simcards and ask the to configure them to Wialon.
(the 15 Year version is sealed, the 3 Year Version you can open and exchange batteries by your self (years= on 1 message per day)

http://www.trackeye.dk/Animation/en/trackeye.html

Wolf.

GPS monitoring of sheep

mimicar, there is a 6Y version of Lommy Eye coming in Autumn with IP68 and exchangeable battery, in case you are interested. I believe you are more interested in a waterproof model, in this case 15Y/6Y should be your choice.

Wialon now supports LBS and remote management for Lommy, it is a good model to take in consideration.

I didn't checked from technical point of view, but you can check also their implementation of beacons, in case you want to place multiple tags in the same herd (dispersion on the field).

We are testing Lommy Eye for the last couple of months, on Wolf's recommendation, and are quite happy with it.

GPS monitoring of sheep

Hi .
The Lommy eye looks interesting.
Looks i should check it.

I use today Queclink GL300 for cheeps to protect against stiling by
using geofence and speed alerts.
Battery last  mostly a week.

Koby Karat
Ananas Global

GPS monitoring of sheep

Have you looked at findmysheep.com.  they use a Globalstar chip with a rechargeable collar. 
You could also look at a SPOT Trace and attach it to a normal collar.  It is IP67 rated and the AAA batteries will last at least 4 months. weighs about 150grammes.

GPS monitoring of sheep

(18/08/2015 05:44:16 отредактировано Chata23)

yes, thats sounds really good.

samsung note 4 etui

Träume nicht Dein Leben, sondern lebe Deinen Traum. handy zubehör

GPS monitoring of sheep

Hi,  my dear friends, there is a quite good news for you, Jimilab's personal GPS trakcer can satisfy your needs, the Portable GPS Tracker designed mainly for children/elderly/luggage/pets. It also has small size and low price, want to know more details, welcome to click at Jimilab.com or http://www.jimilab.com/contact/.