APP "driving logbook" for EU-Taxmen

Re: APP "driving logbook" for EU-Taxmen

wwbusch aka Buwo пишет:

Hi Michael,
personal data security law says: private mode = no gps data saved anywhere.
so not only reports but there must be no data in Wialon if user set private mode...
(impossible in my eyes to set this in Wialon)
Wolf.

Maybe after you define the private mode periods you should click on kill the history button in the DL app, so all private mode trips would be erased in Wialon.
So, technically we would get data and store it for a short time, but be deleted eventually?

Hi Aliaksandr,

we solved this just by special firmware which does not send any data to wialon if private mode was enabled.
problem here is that no data = no driving logbook... but for driving logbook of cause we need start and stop with odometer...
so personaly i did not find a practical solution for this exept if there would be something like:

define a sensor with flag "private mode switch". if wialon gets a message with this sensor = on, wialon calculates still internaly the odometer values but just not saves the data.  arghhh, i also dont know what would be the best... need to think about it...

maybe some other guys here have same same problem?

Wolf.

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

wwbusch aka Buwo, in TomTom solution data is still stored, but it is not avaible for vieweing by customer (but I suppose is visible to service provider). And of course position in real time is not updating.

Real time position is currently main issue in WIalon, cause in reports it is really easy to filter our privet trips details with just showing their mileage.

At the dark side of telematics...

I propose next solution for private/business info:

We will introduce new sensor: "Private trip" that will be used for detection of private/business trips. In business(&undefined) trips Logbook will show info as it is now. For trips with activated private switch, all entries will just show the date & mileag.

Will it help?

Also we can optionally add auto-information form POI/geofences in visited Customer info.

Hi Shal,

that sounds great! so maybe when you implement this, you can also add something like "delete message"?
it could be a good enhancement to "notification" system as a new "what should be done" function: deletion of actual message if a sensor value = active)

Wolf.

Hello Shal,
we would also need the solution for new sensor “ Private trip”. It is very good idea. Currently for record of personal/business drive we are using digital input of GPS tracker that by the notification “Sensor value – Register units status” automatically write in application Driving Logbook as Trip status.
The problem is that in this solution are to Trip status written also other registered events like crossing of state boarders that are managed by geofence notification.

I would like to also ask if it is possible to link somehow the fields “Notes” in Driving logbook application with “Notes” shown in Reports. The customers would like to make electronic notes for example reason for business drive and so on.
Currently the “Notes” field in Report is mainly for written of notes after printing of report on the paper. Or am I wrong? Thank you.

okido, "Private mode" sensor we will do before CeBIT.

mimicar пишет:

Currently the “Notes” field in Report is mainly for written of notes after printing of report on the paper. Or am I wrong? Thank you.

I will post you reply later.

mimicar пишет:

Yep, Notes is a simple column in reports not connected to logbook app. We will make the connection and in reports, if it will find and stored value (entered in driver logbook), it will display it.

How about a button to automatically fill Notes with geofences/POI names avaible to user? e.g. if anybody is storing there customers information, to minimize manual entering. Will it be usefull for somebody?

Shal, i think as name of Geofences is already added automaticaly, thats enough...
But we are facing next problem with stupied taxmen... seems that "business" and "Private" is not enough, they added additional category "drivie home-office"... So wondering if is could be possible to create "universal" a dropdownlist where user can add something like rubriks and they are shown only in his account. If he than see his trips, he can select his individual category from the dropdownlist (or by sensor its autpmaticaly choosen .-)

Wolf.

Private trips will be selected automatically by sensor, and cant be modified manually. How with home/office drive?

<dream mode on>
select one geofence as home, 2nd as office, if trip is from home -->office or office-->home set the flag.
<dream mode off>

but manual selection in drop down is total ok.

Wolf

home-office is a private trip by sensor or not?

and 2nd: home-office is one trip? Can it be divided by several trips?

Hi Shal,

if home-office-home can be organised by sensor that would be more cool (Tom Tom is doing that with a 3 button solution, 1 button = business, 2nd button private, 3rd button = home-office-home

in germany the home-office-home MUST be always one trip but i cant say for sure how it is in other counties...

Wolf.

yep, we can do it with geofences in dream mode.

Hello Shal,
I would like to ask you if it is possible to add into application Driving logbook (or to reports) information about crossing of borders.
Basically we need to give our customers information about when and where their vehicle cross the borders.
It is due to legislative reasons because employer have to pay for foot during foreign business trips.
Thank you for answer.

mimicar  you can use the geofence to take account the border crossing.
The application displays the initial position and the end of each trips. The country is also indicated.
If at the time of finishing the trip car hit the geofence - will be displayed and use information address and name of the geofence.

Hello maan,
thank you for answer but we do not need to know when the driver started from initial position of one country and when he end the trip in the foreign country, or how many hours driver spent in single countries.
We need to know when he crossed the boarders of single foreign countries. According to these information are calculated business trip costs in our country. We have this rule in our country according to our law:
- during the business trip that start and end in Slovak republic is determinig for calculation of travel costs  time of crossing the state boarders.

If driver drives the vehicle without stop then we can see in reports and also in Driving Logbook application only start and end of the trip but not the time of crossing the single state boarders (see attachment "Trip 1").
We already have created geofences for the countries to which our customers are traveling and currently we are trying to solve it using notification (entry a exit from geofence – Register unit status).
Unfortunately this solution is complicated, not working always and sometime it is mixed up in Driving Logbook application in column "Trip status" with business / private drives.
Thank you in advance for help.

• APP "driving logbook" for EU-Taxmen

mimicar, thanks for explanation. But you may already use normal "geofences" report or split trips by geofences. Why do you need it in logbook app?

We have the same here in Germany: "employe" can get a "expenses" money for each day he does business trips and they depend of each country you are visiting. But i think that "driving logbook" would be the wrong place to solve this kind of reporting as "business trips calculation" regarding expenses and everything else is a very complex theme and for sure cant be solved with driving logbook.

Just create geofence report with marked "country" geofences and you get with one click the exact times the driver has spent in each country.

Wolf

GoGPS пишет:

stde
Денис, когда примерно ждать реализации?

Ориентировочно конец февраля.
In the end of the month.

Denis Strakh, Gurtam

Hello Shal,
you are right that we do not need so much the information about crossing the state borders in the Logbook application. We need it mainly in the Reports due to export of data to CSV format in which the state borders crossing would be written. Most of our customers use external applications for calculation of business trip costs for single drivers and according to countries in which they were.  Therefore we need to know (and have record) where and when (place and time) the driver crossed the state borders.

We accept that Logbook application is not suitable for this. But we are trying to find some solution how to meet requirements of our customers.
In any case we are thankful for any answer.

wwbusch aka Buwo ,
I have a few questions for you. I just want to make sure we understand correctly what is to be done here.

Surely, geofences "Home" and "Office" should be assigned to each unit individually. Am I right? In addition, is there any need of assigning several homes and offices for one unit?

Drives like "Home — Office" and "Office — Home" form the third category of drive status, apart from "Personal" and "Business". Am I right?

If no indications of status have been discovered, such drive is considered "Business". Or should it be left "undefined" (with empty status)?

Katerina Alexandrova
Product Manager (Mobile)
Gurtam