Difference Between a GPS antenna and GPS/GLONASS antenna

(03/12/2014 06:51:18 отредактировано matthew)

Тема: Difference Between a GPS antenna and GPS/GLONASS antenna

Hello, I don't have any brand names unfortunately, I just get given antenna's to work with.

I have a small special task where a AT1pro is used, and I am wanting to try the AT1 GPS/GLONASS version we have because we get better results, the antenna is a bulkhead type that screws through a surface, and for simplicity I want to use this antenna

connecting all our GPS only antenna's to the GPS/GLONASS AT1 gives me as many satellites and DOP as the GPS/GLONASS antenna supplied in the box, driving tests, although my test was too brief and not professional, the results were not bad.

I understand there is differences in the the Two Networks of satelittes, different frequency's etc, I am just suprised that I got the results I did and am interested if there is a reason behind it. especially since one antenna says it is a 1575.42Hz only.

is it possible that antenna are the same inside? even though they say they are different for GPS and GPS/GLONASS?

(04/12/2014 00:44:55 отредактировано wwbusch aka Buwo)

Re: Difference Between a GPS antenna and GPS/GLONASS antenna

Hi Matthew,

Glonass Frequency = L1 = 1602 MHz + k · 562,5 kHz
L2 = 1246 MHz + k · 437,5 kHz, where k= channel number

So as you see there is a difference of 30-40 MHZ.

But from my experience there should be no problem with using a standard gps antenna as they are so broadband that this 40 MHZ is not a problem.

Wolf.

(L1 and L2 has both non military signals, but typical dual gps/glonass uses only L1)

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

(04/12/2014 02:46:20 отредактировано matthew)

Re: Difference Between a GPS antenna and GPS/GLONASS antenna

thanks wolf, your right, I tested it again today and the antenna I want to use works fine, I thought i was going crazy. this is great news for us.

thanks wolf

ps. how is the weather there?........

summer has arrive here finally, I thought it would never come!