GPS Tag iOS

(28/09/2014 12:00:48 отредактировано littlelogic)

Тема: GPS Tag iOS

I have a client that uses GPS Tag in over 200 Android phones, and a new client that will be connecting another 100 within 2 weeks. Both clients have asked for the same App for iPhones... Today I tested version 1.4 for iOS in my iPhone 6 with firmware 8.02, and would like to ask questions before allowing my clients to use the App.

1. Was it intentional to leave the Administarator Password out of the iOS version of GPS Tag....? The Android version allows us the ability to bar the driver from turning off the App when they are on the road by setting up ten Administrator Password. The iOS version does not have this feature, which limits the potential client market. Surely even the Passcode for the phone could act to block access. This lack of control will be a deal breaker with a large percentage of potential clients.

2. It is evident with the iOS version that satellite count and HDOP functions do not work when connecting a device to Wialon hosting. This functionality works with the Android version, but not with the iPhone version. I sent the information to Gurtam Support, and they suggested to note it on the forum. I tried setting up a sensor for Satellite count, and used the sats for the parameter, but unfortunately it displayed that I had 255 satellites in view..... Yeah right.

3. I have noticed that when I turn the App off, and then on again..... In most cases it will not connect to the server again. The only way to connect with the server again is to close the App totally, and restart it. This is done by pressing the iPhone button twice and clearing the App. This bug is a real issue that destroys the stability of the App for the clients.

4. When using 'Track' in the App, I noticed that for the current days track I had to select 'Yesterday'. When I selected 'Today' it states that their is no data for the requested period.

5. The scheduling function in the Android version that allows us to define when the App switches on and off is missing from the iOS version... Again.... Was this intentional....?

You know that you have a serious App guys, but the above limit the potential clients.

Regards,
Allen

GPS Tag iOS

Re: GPS Tag iOS

Hello,
1. We will discuss this feature and include it in the update if it will be rational.
2. There is no public available API that allows us to get this kind of information about the GPS satellites. We can track only vertical and horizontal accuracy. And assume satellites count base on this parameters.
3. Yeah, we are already working on this issue.
4. Please, describe this issue. Are you building “Track” on web version or on the same device?
5. We will check if it is possible  to  implement this feature on the iOS devices.

GPS Tag iOS

Hi Andrej,

Point 1 (securing configuration with a password) is rational ;-) It makes a lot sence and makes the app usable for professional usage
Without config password user will start to play in configuration and set the device in a way that it will not work anymore.
Than "our" customer will say "oh this is all shit and not working" and we than need to explain our customer that his employee just miss-configured it...

So i would also be vote for a configuration password.

Wolf.

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

GPS Tag iOS

In any case user may remove app from the background (kill it) so it is rational to have an opportunity to lock only settings

GPS Tag iOS

Hi Andrej,

You stated:
2. There is no public available API that allows us to get this kind of information about the GPS satellites. We can track only vertical and horizontal accuracy. And assume satellites count base on this parameters.

The attached image shows the tracking online with the Android version of GPS Tag.... You will note that it does show the satellite count. This is an import feature, so please reconsider your response.

Point 1. If the driver does remove 'Kill' the App, then he will not be able to reinstall properly, as he will not have the App password. Without the App password he will not be able to reconnect to the server, and the phone give a notification. This will show that he has tampered, which will be a sound case for a formal warning from his employer. This is an important feature that needs to be included, otherwise your App will not be viable in a commercial market with our clients.

Point 4. Track is being displayed on the device, which requires us to select 'Yesterday' for the current days Track. If I use current day, then it states that there is not info available.

• GPS Tag iOS

GPS Tag iOS

Andrej, The Android version also allows us to determine the HDOP. This is an important management feature to ascertain the accuracy. I know you already have the feature of accuracy displayed in metres 'a', but why can you not allow for HDOP.

GPS Tag iOS

littlelogic пишет:

The attached image shows the tracking online with the Android version of GPS Tag.... You will note that it does show the satellite count. This is an import feature, so please reconsider your response.

Android OS allows programmers to get satellites counter programmatically, but iOS SDK doesn't.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1919 … iphone-sdk
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3555 … -on-iphone

Mobile Development
Gurtam