Mobile applications and smartphone access (iOS / android)

Тема: Mobile applications and smartphone access (iOS / android)

I want to access Wialon through smartphone.

As far I know… “Wialon Mobile is for slow smartphones. If you use e.g. iPhone 3GS you can load PC version.”

I tried with Nokia touchscreen smartphone with 360x640 resolution. With built-in browser of Symbian S60, the Wialon login screen appears; but browser close when login in progress.

Then I tried with Opera Mini 5.1. With Opera I successfully login to Wialon; but most buttons, menus & other controls are not usable. I failed to switch to any other tabs like 'Jobs', 'Units' etc. Also all info in the 'Monitoring' tab is fixed, ie, not updating with time.

I like to know how can I access the Wialon tracking site effectively in the Nokia smartphone.

Can anyone help?

Re: Mobile applications and smartphone access (iOS / android)

Maruf, new, enchancent web-application for mobile devices like iPhone is in development currently. It should be avaible in 1-2 monthes as far as I know the schedule.

At the dark side of telematics...

shal пишет:

Maruf, new, enchancent web-application for mobile devices like iPhone is in development currently. It should be avaible in 1-2 monthes as far as I know the schedule.

Do you mean that...
[1] Gurtam is developing a new web-app (in addition to existing 'Mobile Wialon') for smartphones which will be released soon?
[2] At present it is not possible to access current Wialon front-end from smartphones effectively?

Maruf пишет:

[1] Gurtam is developing a new web-app (in addition to existing 'Mobile Wialon') for smartphones which will be released soon?

yep

[2] At present it is not possible to access current Wialon front-end from smartphones effectively?

it is not designed for that, see supported browsers list. But I saw that iPhone for example shows main web-application perfectly. So it more depends on the smartphone browser and officially not supported by us.

shal
If we want to create special application for iOS ourselves what you could recommend to us?
Where is information on Russian or English about protolol?  I mean not Wialon IPS.

Александр Сорокин, АГРОштурман.РФ
Wialon Agro - система мониторинга с/х техники и полей.

1. Extendend  Mobile version for smartphones is already avaible in Wialon Hostoing product.
2. For iOS I can only recommend Wialon IPS.

Is there any updates with an iOS version?

Dwayne78, you mean application that is able to view other vehicles (try http://m.wialon.com with trial registration)? Or application that send itself position to Wialon?

(16/05/2011 10:37:51 отредактировано Maruf)

shal, how to try m.wialon.com? can we use username/password of our Wialon Hosting account?

Maruf, you can use own DNS and own login/password only if you have "Wialon Mobile" package. If you don't have it, register on trial.

In the Wialon Mobile V2 interface, the sensor values are not displayed. It only displays some parameter values which have no meaning to the user. In the mobile v1, at least some what readable values are displayed, although a number of digital sensors custom digital sensors) do not clearly indicate the sensor values.

I request the developers to look into this and add properly formatted sensor values in the v2 interface.

In our country, penetration of mobile phones is far greater than penetration of laptops or computers. A robust mobile interface like the v2 will surely garner a lot of business.

Also, it will be awesome if the mobile v2 can become OS independent. Before the last update on 1 st August, 2011 - the v2 used to work in nokia, blackberry and other normal phones. But post the update it works only on android and iphone.

roadmatics пишет:

I request the developers to look into this and add properly formatted sensor values in the v2 interface.

The mobile version will get much more functionality in the beginning of 2012 due to update of main web application version to the same technology which is now used in mobile.

roadmatics пишет:

Also, it will be awesome if the mobile v2 can become OS independent. Before the last update on 1 st August, 2011 - the v2 used to work in nokia, blackberry and other normal phones. But post the update it works only on android and iphone.

Its a matter of compatibility, may be we need to issue mobile version adopted to each type of gadget. But it is almost impossible to make web application that works same way in all types of phones(embedded browsers).

I have my own device which I understand can be incorporated into you system providing I subscribe to the Wialon hosting package starting at 120 per month.

Is there a minimum sign up period?

My device can also send back its location in the form of GSM cells if GPS not available - can your system deal with that?

Have you checked the list of supported devices?
http://gurtam.com/en/gps_tracking/gps_hardware.html?id=

Is there a minimum sign up period?

After signing up you should just pay for the future periods of using the system.

Developer
Gurtam

This is new device that is not on the supported list. Given that some work will be needed by your tech team to support my device I thought I may have to sign up for a minimum period

peterc пишет:

This is new device that is not on the supported list.

Ok, are you the manufacturer? Provide us more information about that device plz.

Developer
Gurtam

shal пишет:
roadmatics пишет:

The mobile version will get much more functionality in the beginning of 2012 due to update of main web application version to the same technology which is now used in mobile.

roadmatics пишет:

Its a matter of compatibility, may be we need to issue mobile version adopted to each type of gadget. But it is almost impossible to make web application that works same way in all types of phones(embedded browsers).

It´s urgent the issue of compatibility. I use Nokia and Samsung, so the new version is compatible. But most of my customers use blackberry and can´t enter.

It´s also necessary to add the following functions:

- See the same sensors that in the web version.
- Send commands to the units.

shal пишет:
roadmatics пишет:

roadmatics пишет:

Now I am too waiting for this more functionality ,any date?

Version 1 has more option than option 2 ,and Safari in Iphone 4 doesnt open mobile version 2 :You should solve this ASAP.

Br

You can try http://mobile.testing.wialon.com it is upcoming Wialon Hosting upgrade, testing branch.

shal пишет:

You can try http://mobile.testing.wialon.com it is upcoming Wialon Hosting upgrade, testing branch.

login,pass

Ask support@gurtam.com access to testing branch. Also look at restricted section on forum for more info.

(08/03/2012 09:55:14 отредактировано aahero)

shal пишет:

Ask support@gurtam.com access to testing branch. Also look at restricted section on forum for more info.

Yes this mobile version is muuuch better,version 1 is working fine but V2 currently is crashing in every browser in android tablet ,slow and bugish.I tried Opera mini ,Delphin,standard android browser

Safari in Iphone 4 saying INVALID but safari in Ipad is showing V2 OK.

Still no date on update?

Latest version (not final version) of mobile v2 is available here: http://mobile.testing.wialon.com/ (15.03.2012)

Requirements for mobile operating system and mobile browser:
  Smartphones: Android 1.6+, iOS;
  Desktop: Safari 5, Chrome 10+

Denis Strakh, Gurtam

(08/07/2012 06:08:20 отредактировано gio_dorigoni)

I have problem with the mobile vertion (m.wialon.com) Some times works well and other not? I don't know if it is me but I don't think so, because I change computer and the same... doesn't work!  Then I tested the mobile vertion of gps-trace and that works great... but the paid vertion some days works and other not??? 

It let me enter the username and password ant then it open the main window but don't let me work or select any option other than logout sad

Anybody else with this problem?

Here is the attachment of the screenshot of my problem....

Now. it is working well again....