Calculator Calculation Table

Тема: Calculator Calculation Table

Hello partners and GT,
I came here for a new suggestion for calculator.

Problem:
Sometimes we have to manipulate the values of the reports like we can do with the data coming from the sensors,

Solution:
I'll give an example:
>>>if the driver exceed 8 hours of driving in a day, I want to have separately the value of what exceeds 8 hours.
The driver drove 09:45 hours in a day, so I need to have in a column 08:00 hours and in the other 01:45.
With this function I could use calculator to manipulate the value of the first and the second column: use an equation to limit the first to 08:00 hours, use an equation to convert 08:00 to 00:00.

Fernando Brochetto
Technical Support, Rastreasul

fernando@rastreasul.com.br

Re: Calculator Calculation Table

Dear Fernando Brochetto,

I would like to suggest using custom fields to determine how much time has been "spent" in excess of the norm, but unfortunately, custom fields are currently in string format, so they cannot be fully used in the calculator.

With this function I could use calculator to manipulate the value of the first and the second column:

In general, I understand your idea, but I don't understand exactly what function you're proposing to add. Could you describe it in a bit more detail?

--------------------------------

I would like to share my thoughts on this issue.
It seems to me that this problem could be solved by adding data type selection for custom fields. For example, you could add a custom field "Allowable driving time" with the Time type and calculate the difference between actual driving time and the norm, using the existing custom_fields function.
Another option is to add a new field for the driver - the driving rate and output the value of this rate via a constant (for example, as we have implemented dehr for the daily rate of engine hours).
-------------------------------

use an equation to convert 08:00 to 00:00.

Could you also clarify which converting you are talking about here?

-------------------------------

Additionally, I would like to point out that there is always the option of using Excel or generating your own report using the SDK.

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon

Hello mana,

In general, I understand your idea, but I don't understand exactly what function you're proposing to add. Could you describe it in a bit more detail?

Could you also clarify which converting you are talking about here?

Yes, for example, like the screenshots I created some equations, if the values coming in the cells are more than 50, for example 87, in the report will appear 50, if in the report appears -104, will appear the value 0.
In the other example the equations will limit a column to reach the max value of 08:00 hours in a column and sepate the exceed amount in the other column: create a column with a range from 0 to 8 hours, create another and use an angular coeficient to determine the beggining on 8 hours, every value until 8 will be considered as 0, after that it will increase proportionaly.

I would like to share my thoughts on this issue.
It seems to me that this problem could be solved by adding data type selection for custom fields. For example, you could add a custom field "Allowable driving time" with the Time type and calculate the difference between actual driving time and the norm, using the existing custom_fields function.
Another option is to add a new field for the driver - the driving rate and output the value of this rate via a constant (for example, as we have implemented dehr for the daily rate of engine hours).

I think I didn't explained very well.

• Calculator Calculation Table
Fernando Brochetto

Hello mana,
Do you think this task is possible?

Fernando Brochetto

(10/11/2021 22:36:22 отредактировано Fernando Brochetto)

Hello mana, here I have another example where this could be useful, this column should have a limit for not having negative values.
Also, will we be able to control decimal places some day?
PS: on this case I could manage multiplying the quotient (Quantidade/Quantidade).

Fernando Brochetto

Hello Fernando Brochetto,
I apologize that there was no answer from my side for so long.

Now I understand your idea - you want to convert some values according to the table, as you do for sensor values. If I misunderstood something, correct me.

So far, we definitely do not plan to do anything of the kind. As you can see, your idea did not find support among partners, so we cannot plan the development of such functionality. Plus, it looks sophisticated enough for a simple calculator tool.

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon