Delete "content" page on Excel reports

Тема: Delete "content" page on Excel reports

Hello Gurtam team and partners,

From time to time we are asked about the possibility to export the reports into excel format without having the first page ("content") on that Excel file.

Usually, when the report has only one table (this is the most common type of reports), it is not necessary to have an index with the content of the Excel file, because it has only one sheet. I would say that even on the case that it has more than one table, it is quite obvious to see which are tables because you have the names of the sheets in the bottom of the Excel document.

In any case, what I suggest is to have the option to export this document (manually or through jobs) without this index page, not to delete it to every current user (we don't know if there may be some people that have developed simple integrations with the current format, and any change could cause errors on those situations).

Best regards.

(21/05/2021 14:17:45 отредактировано Fernando Brochetto)

Re: Delete "content" page on Excel reports

Hello Partners and GT
I agree with the partner.
I think we should also could have the option to remove the groupment inside the file. We can fix just my request as Alberto 's editing the excel file, but if the report comes exactly as we want it improves the user experience.
I believe the best way to do this was to have these option exporting the report in the button below:

• Delete "content" page on Excel reports
Fernando Brochetto
Technical Support, Rastreasul

fernando@rastreasul.com.br

Alberto Fernando Brochetto
Thanks for your suggestions and a very details description!

I believe that these two requests should be looked at independently from each other.

1. Removing the first page titled 'Content' from a report file that was exported to Excel. I agree with you that it is not necessary to have this page when an exported file includes only one table. But it is quite an often situation when there are more than two tables in a report and it is very convenient to use Content page to click on the necessary table from list and be quickly navigated to the necessary page/table.

If it is critical for your clients not to have this page, maybe exporting to CSV can be a solution? When exporting to CSV, there is no Content page. But the data look the same as in excel.

Anyway, I will note down your idea. I think that automatically ommiting the Content page when there is only one table in the export file is a good idea, but I am not sure that we will add another checkbox=setting to export settings as there is already a huge number of them and I do not want to overcomplicate waht is already complicated.

---

2) Fernando, could you please explain what do you mean by removing the groupment inside a file?

Do you mean that if there is grouping and detalization in a table, when exporting the rows of table should be already down to the detalized ones?

Maria Starikova,
Wialon Hosting Product manager, Gurtam

Hello mars, exactly, a option to choose between these having or not the groupment.

Fernando Brochetto

Fernando Brochetto
I just want to check whether my understanding is correct: do you want an option to allow the grouping in the exported file even if the data in the table are not grouped? By what parameter should they be grouped in this case?

Maria Starikova,

hello mars, I think I didn't explained properly.
An option for when exporting, so that the report was not ''compressed, grouped'', look the screenshots.

Fernando Brochetto

Fernando Brochetto
Hi, Fernando! Thank you for the screenshots.
Do you mean having an option when exporting reports to automatically display rows as uncompressed in a file?

I really wonder whether it worth such complexity of a specially dedicated checkbox in the export settings when you can make rows uncompressed by simply clicking on icons '2', '3', etc. in a file itself (highlighted in your screenshot). Very easy and quick.

Maria Starikova,

Sometimes, when I'm working in an Excel 2010 document, I'll click File | Print just to see the preview of what the document will look like (in terms of its division into pages) when it's printed.

Usually everything is as expected, but occasionally Excel will arbitrarily decide that my document has many extra blank pages at the end of it.

No amount of removing page breaks or deleting rows at the end of the document (or relaunching Excel or rebooting the computer) will correct this.  If I save the document as a .pdf file, the problem persists in the .pdf file.

Can anyone tell me what's going on and how to fix this?

Do you Want Online Shopping in Pakistan? Buy online washing machine covers for all types of washing machine.we deliver water proof washing machine cover all over the pakistan.