private roads VS public roads

Тема: private roads VS public roads

In Australia our Fuel Tax is based on driving on Public roads vs private roads.
It would be great if we could distinguish the two types of  asset data in the form of a report The saving to the customer in fuel taxes paid would be  up to 30% saving. A great selling tool for saving lots of money.

I was told by gurtam help that its not possible with Wialon Hosting
I would assume the only way to achieve this is at the mapping data level.

smile happy to introduce my self . We are Based in Sydney Australia and have been operating for over 6 years.
Be happy to share our experiences.

private roads VS public roads

Re: private roads VS public roads

Hello David eyeinthesky,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Private roads are not found in all countries, so there is currently no functionality in Wialon to define them.
I searched a bit for similar requests on our forum, but unfortunately I didn't find anything. In the past we have not received any requests for the need to define public and private roads, from which I can conclude that this is not very relevant at the moment for our partners. But I would still like to communicate with you on your proposal.

As you correctly pointed out, this issue can only be solved by using some kind of mapping resource that has information about the type of road (like Google Maps has information about toll roads, for example). So the most important question is: what source can we choose to get information about private roads?

In this regard, I have a couple of questions for you:
1. Which maps are you currently using to build your routes?
2. Which maps have up-to-date information about private roads in Australia?

The answers to these questions will help me to analyse the capabilities of map sources in more detail and see if we can implement such functionality.

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon