Unbinding for Drivers Like Passengers

Тема: Unbinding for Drivers Like Passengers

Hello,
Problem:
A client wants to control the working hours of drivers passing RFID cards in the beggining and in the end of their work.

Solution:
The best way of doing this with the trackers we are using was if there was an option inside the binding sensors for working like passengers binding sensor: When the platform receives the same parameter for the second time, it automatically unbind the driver.

• Unbinding for Drivers Like Passengers
Fernando Brochetto
Technical Support, Rastreasul

fernando@rastreasul.com.br

Re: Unbinding for Drivers Like Passengers

Hello,
We found a way of this method of unbinding work:

Create a group for units with drivers;
Create a group for units without drivers.

Create a notification in binding mode in a way that when a new driver is assigned, the unit goes to the group with drivers;
Create a notification in parameter mode that when the parameter with the ID appears, the driver is removed from the unit and the unit goes to the group without drivers.

Despite of this, I still think that this option should be implemented inside of the sensor.

Fernando Brochetto

Hi Fernando Brochetto,

that is great that you have found a workaround. But have you seen automatic binding solution which is described here: https://docs.wialon.com/en/hosting/user … ic_binding?

I think some pieces of information could be useful for you. For example, the option Validate unbinding can be useful. If the option is activated, a driver bound to a unit automatically can be unbound from this unit only if the empty value comes from the same parameter that was used to bind the driver.
Otherwise, driver reset coming from any parameter will lead to the reset of all drivers bound to this unit.

A driver can be unbound from the unit upon receiving the parameter with the unbinding code configured in the properties of the Driver binding sensor, and also upon the activation of the corresponding notification (for example, upon switching off the engine). When a driver with enabled Exclusive checkbox is assigned to a unit, all others are automatically unassigned. This function is relevant for drivers created within the same resource.

Do you find this information useful for you?

Maryia Paklonskaya
Wialon Business Analyst

"The important thing is not to stop questioning" (c)

Hello mapa,
Yes, I did know about these features, but the problem is that firstly, the tracker we use sends only the parameter with the code when the cards are passed through the reader and also the drivers do more than one trip in a day, so they turn off the ignition very often. As they need to get the interval between when the driver started and finished, we need the bindings to work in the way I've described. The use of notifications has helped us in the workaround I've shown.
Thank you!

Fernando Brochetto

how do you show the driver that he correctly bind or undbind? how you handle more than one driver? how you handle pauses?

We found, that the scheme of binding and unbinding is too simple for more complex working schemes.

Our competitors use some kind of display, you swipe your ID, it shows the status and you can change it. But i personally did not find any good hardware solution for it...

Wolf.

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

Hello wwbusch aka Buwo
Do you mean, more than one driver at the same time? Today we don't have any of this cases.
The pauses our currently clients are using parkings to control, but we are thinking on trying new ways to control them.
Displays is very common here in Brazil, we are going to start a new case with them next month and see how can we use them inside Wialon.

We found, that the scheme of binding and unbinding is too simple for more complex working schemes.

Yes, I totally agree.

Fernando Brochetto

wwbusch aka Buwo, please share a complex scheme you may faced as an example to discuss more about and ask GT to find a way for that.

Hello mapa, do we have any news on this?
The workaround I've found have some problems, it doesn't work fine.
For example, if the driver forgets to pass the card in the exit, we have lots of troubles that could be minimized with this implementation.

Fernando Brochetto

Hi Fernando Brochetto,

At the moment we have no plans on implementing this improvement in the upcoming quarter since you have previously managed to use workaround.

Maryia Paklonskaya
Wialon Business Analyst

Hello mapa, yess, the problem is we started having some troubles with this workaround =S.
Do you think maybe there is another way of doing this inside the platform?

Fernando Brochetto

Fernando Brochetto,

could you please state how you have tried to solve the problem and what went wrong? We can not do anything on our side if drivers forget to pass the card in the exit.

Regarding you initial request in this thread we have an improvement to unify passengers and drivers binding behavior: when the platform receives the same parameter for the second time, it unbinds the driver.

Let me know if there are any other specific requirements

К сожалению, у вас не достаточно прав для просмотра данного текста

Maryia Paklonskaya
Wialon Business Analyst

Hello mapa, how are you?

Regarding you initial request in this thread we have an improvement to unify passengers and drivers binding behavior: when the platform receives the same parameter for the second time, it unbinds the driver.

Yes, this is exactly what we need. Do you have any expected date?

We can not do anything on our side if drivers forget to pass the card in the exit.

Yes, I understand.

could you please state how you have tried to solve the problem and what went wrong?

This is what we did:

We found a way of this method of unbinding work:

Create a group for units with drivers;
Create a group for units without drivers.

Create a notification in binding mode in a way that when a new driver is assigned, the unit goes to the group with drivers;
Create a notification in parameter mode that when the parameter with the ID appears, the driver is removed from the unit and the unit goes to the group without drivers.

The problem is that if the driver forgets to pass the card in the end of the work, if a new driver pass card it will unbind the driver instead of binding the new driver.
With the improvement requested, it will only remove the last driver and bind the new driver.

Fernando Brochetto

Fernando Brochetto, the feature was not added to the scope of the Q2'21. 

if a new driver pass card it will unbind the driver instead of binding the new driver

Do you think that the process you suggest is the perfect one? As the new driver I expect that my work will start when I pass the card. But in your case the new driver will end the work period of the previous driver.
Again - the core problem here is that the drivers forget to pass their cards - and we can not do anything about it. Any driver could forget to pass the card.
I am afraid that even with our improvement the problem will not be solved.

Maryia Paklonskaya
Wialon Business Analyst

(15/04/2021 17:37:39 отредактировано Fernando Brochetto)

mapa,

the feature was not added to the scope of the Q2'21.

Oh, that's okay.

Do you think that the process you suggest is the perfect one? As the new driver I expect that my work will start when I pass the card. But in your case the new driver will end the work period of the previous driver.

Only if the first driver forgets to pass the card in the end. This request will avoid the trouble of the unit being without any driver. I'll try to explain it better:

With the current solution the driver pass the card in the beggining of the work and in the end, the client uses the report of bindinds, so he gets the initial and final times of which the driver was assigned.
If the driver forgets to pass the card in the end of the work, in the next day when a new driver passes the card, when the new driver passes the card the platform will only unbing the driver of the previous day. The unit will be without any driver instead of having the new driver.

If you do this improvemnt this is what will happen:

The first driver passes the card in the beggining of the day but he forgets to pass the card in the end of the day. In the next day, as the drivers have the exclusive option enabled, the new driver will be assigned and the previous will only be removed, so the vehicle will not be without any driver.

Fernando Brochetto