Telegram Bot token as general settings for a Dealer

(08/04/2021 11:19:54 отредактировано track-po)

Тема: Telegram Bot token as general settings for a Dealer

Dear all,

I would like to suggest a possibility to set a default Bot token for the Dealer's account and then have it automatically for it's clients and users.

We have created our Bot and we are sending notification to our users.

But the token should be private to avoid unauthorized usage.

Thank you for your consideration!

Best regards

Jan

Re: Telegram Bot token as general settings for a Dealer

Dear track-po!

Thank you for your suggestion! 

So as far as I got the core problem - the main concern is that users down in the hierarchy will see the Telegram's unique token which is filled into the special field in the notification settings, is that correct?

I have created a task for this improvement (so that this token is not visible to anybody), but I can not promise it will be implemented any time soon. Anyway once there are any updates - I will let you know.

К сожалению, у вас не достаточно прав для просмотра данного текста

Maryia Paklonskaya
Wialon Business Analyst

"The important thing is not to stop questioning" (c)

Hi,

thank you for your consideration.

Now each user can fill and use his own telegram unique Token. As it is not the simplest task to create I'm not sure how much is it popular and used.

But anyway this functionality should stay there for users who already use it.

My idea was to be able to set also general bot token for a dealer and users down in hierarchy can fill only their telegram IDs.

Take care

Jan

track-po thank you for your response!

I am not sure though, that dividing the settings will make the process of notification creation easier. A setting (token) which is preset at some other place may not be understandable by some users who would fill in only ID. Then the questions may appear why the notifications are not sent (since the chat is not linked with the bot for instance). I am also sure there would be concerns from other dealers who may want to proceed with current process.

I got your problem and there are multiple options how it could be solved. We will do our best in choosing the one which would satisfy us all.

Maryia Paklonskaya
Wialon Business Analyst

"The important thing is not to stop questioning" (c)