Feature Request: Sensor remove places after decimal

(21/05/2020 00:19:20 отредактировано fleettracker3)

Тема: Feature Request: Sensor remove places after decimal

Description

We have various sensors that display data always as integers, always whole numbers, never a fractional or rational number.

For example a Driver ID sensor may display the key fob number: 28237492.00, however, we would like it to only display: 28237492

e.g.
Event Codes
PRL
IMEI/ESN
Driver ID
The list goes on.
Some of these sensors confuse users as they may think that with the fractional numbers, it has greater precision than what the parameter or sensor is really is capable of, for instance with with some fuel or mileage sensors.

We would like a way to remove these additional digits

Instead of 2347.00, simply display 2347 or a fuel sensor displaying 73% instead of 73.18%

End Users
At this point, this would be for a large number of end users that would be affected by this, and this would simply clean up their Sensor view by not displaying these needless digits.

Potential profit or loss
We are working on a simplified solution for basic end-users/consumers that will never need to use these fractional numbers with their devices and sensors.
There is no true profit or loss calculation, however we have had a number of existing and potential customers asking for a simpler interface, and this would help contribute to that simplification.

Re: Feature Request: Sensor remove places after decimal

Hello fleettracker3,
I agree, sometime ago I did created this topic: https://forum.gurtam.com/viewtopic.php?id=15685
It have some points in common.

Fernando Brochetto
Technical Support, Rastreasul

fernando@rastreasul.com.br

Dear Robert, fleettracker3

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. And that's true that we have already received the same request from Fernando.

Although I can fully understand the rationale behind such a suggestion, I have some doubts in regards to its implementation. The first one is that removing two digits after the comma cannot be done by default for all the sensors and for all users, as I believe in some sensors it would still be reasonable to display these two digits, e.g. weight sensor or maybe some custom sensor.

This means basically that we need to add another setting (which is most likely going to be a checkbox) in the sensors set up that I feel won't be used by a big number of users as these requests are just two and it seems that other users are not bothered by the additional digits. But if we add a checkbox, it will be available for all the users and will make our sensors setup even much more complicated.

So at the moment I would say that we will keep an eye on this request and see if other partners also vote for it.

Maria Starikova,
Wialon Hosting Product manager, Gurtam

mars пишет:

Dear Robert, fleettracker3

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. And that's true that we have already received the same request from Fernando.

Although I can fully understand the rationale behind such a suggestion, I have some doubts in regards to its implementation. The first one is that removing two digits after the comma cannot be done by default for all the sensors and for all users, as I believe in some sensors it would still be reasonable to display these two digits, e.g. weight sensor or maybe some custom sensor.

This means basically that we need to add another setting (which is most likely going to be a checkbox) in the sensors set up that I feel won't be used by a big number of users as these requests are just two and it seems that other users are not bothered by the additional digits. But if we add a checkbox, it will be available for all the users and will make our sensors setup even much more complicated.

So at the moment I would say that we will keep an eye on this request and see if other partners also vote for it.

Thank you. Yes, we were thinking of either an extra checkbox, or to use an Expression, e.g. round up/down/decimal places expression

https://docs.wialon.com/en/hosting/cms/ … sors/param

I'm interested too with that feature.

Yes thats useful