Drivers Notification annoying sound

(11/03/2021 23:33:14 отредактировано skg)

Тема: Drivers Notification annoying sound

Dear friends,

Lately we have been using more and more the text notifications for drivers, and it happens that there is this basic sound that with time is becoming so annoying that rings when an incoming message from drivers is coming to platform.

I know it is possible to switch off the sound but when you do that, the general sound for notifications goes off as well. So it is like, you accept the noise from drivers notification or you do not accept sounds at all on wialon platform. The issue becomes unbearably when you use Chatterbox because then you have the noise for the bottle lid opening and the wialon basic driver notification noise (Baptised as the chicken noise).

My suggestion is if possible to
a) add an option to noise off for drivers notifications
b) add an option to URL custom sounds specially for Driver's Notification, that could help to change the chicken noise or mute it

Please, be ware that with wiatag the chat messages from multidrivers are just ring after ring and become a huge distraction for monitorist to id the source of the notifications.

Kindly ask you for your prompt help

• Drivers Notification annoying sound

Re: Drivers Notification annoying sound

Hello,

in the setting menu you have the option to enable/disable sound for the events

regards

(19/03/2021 01:00:00 отредактировано skg)

Yes it is right,but if disable the sound for events, disable all sounds. The issue is that driver's notification sounds are not editable, so, you have to hear that unique standard sound, you can't change it, you can't mute it. So if you want to have sound notifications you need to able the sound for events, but you can't change the sound of driver's notification and it is very annoying.

Suggested:
1. Add an option to noise off EXCLUSIVELY drivers notification
2. or add an option to customized URL sound for driver's notification (In my opinion, this is the best)

edozio пишет:

Hello,

in the setting menu you have the option to enable/disable sound for the events

regards

Dear Victor, skg.
Thanks a lot for sharing your idea of improvement and a very clear description of the problem you face.

At the present moment, as you see, the request did not gain any support from other partners. And I have lots of doubts that we will go further with this request as adding another checkbox for a very limited number of partners is not the way we would like to evolve our platform. Any checkbox that we add is complication of the system's logic and interface and more explanations that we have to make for our users. Unless we see that there is an important use case (for which many partners vote) that is not covered by the platform most likely we will not add this another checkbox.

I will keep an eye on this suggestion and return to it in case it gains more popularity or our vision changes.

Maria Starikova,
Wialon Hosting Product manager, Gurtam