AWS/CGP applications

Тема: AWS/CGP applications

Hello guys, Currently I'm thinking migrate our apps/task/api from a VPS (WHM) to a cloud service like AWS or GCP, but I have some doubts about this migration.

Anybody have apps/tasks/api in AWS o GCP?
Are there any issues with dynamic IP on AWS/CGP and wialon sessions/authentication?

Regards.

AWS/CGP applications

Re: AWS/CGP applications

Hi

If the IP address will be changed during session, the Wialon will interrupt the session.

Diana Cheley
Wialon Hosting Expert
Gurtam

AWS/CGP applications

Diana, are you sure? If we are talking about API and clients we are in discussion with your team that it should work like what you told or at least the user should have possibility to choose what should happen if the IP changed (terminating the session or keeping it alive) but your colleagues told me that is will keep session alive and no way to terminate it. (I guess you use cookies for that BTW)

AWS/CGP applications

hhamedk пишет:

Diana, are you sure? If we are talking about API and clients we are in discussion with your team that it should work like what you told or at least the user should have possibility to choose what should happen if the IP changed (terminating the session or keeping it alive) but your colleagues told me that is will keep session alive and no way to terminate it. (I guess you use cookies for that BTW)

Hi Hamed,
This requirement is described here in documentation
https://docs.wialon.com/en/hosting/req/ … connection
May be you mean that If user login to Wialon, using option 'Remember' ,  then if  IP address was changed during the user's session, the current session will be interrupt, but Wialon will re-login user automatically again - with new session and new IP address.
But for any custom app, if there is not realized such mechanisms, or if user doesn't use option 'Remember' to Wialon , after IP changed, the current session will be just interrupt.

Diana Cheley
Wialon Hosting Expert
Gurtam

AWS/CGP applications

Diana пишет:
hhamedk пишет:

Hi Hamed,
May be you mean that If user login to Wialon, using option 'Remember' ,  then if  IP address was changed during the user's session, the current session will be interrupt, but Wialon will re-login user automatically again - with new session and new IP address.
But for any custom app, if there is not realized such mechanisms, or if user doesn't use option 'Remember' to Wialon , after IP changed, the current session will be just interrupt.

Hello diana, Is there any opportunity to change or improve this requirement?, remember that serverless apps currently are common to found in the market.

AWS/CGP applications

cerpas пишет:
Diana пишет:
hhamedk пишет:

Hi Hamed,

Hello diana, Is there any opportunity to change or improve this requirement?, remember that serverless apps currently are common to found in the market.

Hi!
Unfortunately, no, it's not possible in current service structure.

Diana Cheley
Wialon Hosting Expert
Gurtam