Add Waybill information to Wialon

(24/02/2021 20:50:46 отредактировано hhamedk)

Тема: Add Waybill information to Wialon

Hi GT

We are looking for an API that helps us to add some information about waybill to Wialon. We have a waybill software and we want to set Wialon API to that software in a way that we can push the information about issued waybill to Wialon. Such information should be available in reports (Trips or Rides, we don't prefer Log table and event registration via API as there are not enough information in the Log table). Please give me some advises how we can do it.
Please consider that first the waybill will be issued and then the unit starts the trip.

Update:
Is there any possibility to show same information about the waybill in unit tool-tip or extended unit information? Any idea?

Re: Add Waybill information to Wialon

Hi Hamed,

There is no possibility to add any custom information into report, the report data is proceeded by messages which device sends.

Into pop-up : you can try to use external JS which connected on Wialon site.
https://docs.wialon.com/en/local/2004/a … s/advanced - External script URL.
You need to write to JS code, save at as js file and then specify link to this file
Something like example 'Custom menu'  here  https://github.com/wialon/external-js/b … tomMenu.js

Diana Cheley
Wialon Hosting Expert
Gurtam

Diana, thank you for your suggestion but that doesn't make sense for this case.
I decided to write a server-side code to receive waybill information through a API call from the waybill software and then tries to send some messages as a units to Wialon.
The only possibility in my mind.

Diana and tata , I'm thinking about adding a feature to API in a way that we can insert some data via API as custom messages in Wialon DB.
The problem I have here can be solved with this feature (although we have not enough time to wait).
We have faced another cases which we needed to insert some data from other systems to the Wialon in a way we can process them but there is no such feature. Let's discuss how such a possibility can improve Wialon flexibility while we are talking about integration between different systems and using Wialon as the core of all those systems. What I have in mind is to add some messages to Wialon DB (let's call them costum messages) via API call which will be available in DB with a specific flag (to understand that those messages are not direct tracker messages) and with specific structure (that is the API structure). This way we can do anything with parameters we push to Wialon via API (like creating sensors, notifications, executing reports on them, etc.)
What you think?

hhamedk пишет:

Diana, thank you for your suggestion but that doesn't make sense for this case.
I decided to write a server-side code to receive waybill information through a API call from the waybill software and then tries to send some messages as a units to Wialon.
The only possibility in my mind.

Hi Hamed,

Sure you can develop some application which can combine the data from Wialon with information from other resource.

Diana Cheley
Wialon Hosting Expert
Gurtam

hhamedk пишет:

I'm thinking about adding a feature to API in a way that we can insert some data via API as custom messages in Wialon DB.
The problem I have here can be solved with this feature (although we have not enough time to wait).
We have faced another cases which we needed to insert some data from other systems to the Wialon in a way we can process them but there is no such feature. Let's discuss how such a possibility can improve Wialon flexibility while we are talking about integration between different systems and using Wialon as the core of all those systems. What I have in mind is to add some messages to Wialon DB (let's call them costum messages) via API call which will be available in DB with a specific flag (to understand that those messages are not direct tracker messages) and with specific structure (that is the API structure). This way we can do anything with parameters we push to Wialon via API (like creating sensors, notifications, executing reports on them, etc.)

If there is not a direct tracker messages, just some custom information, without specific structure, it can be represented only as some custom events, which you can register for units.
In other case, to get exact information from messages parameters, they should come to Wialon into messages which parsed by system.
Here is the best way to use Flespi - the data from different sources can be collected into Flespi and then transmitted  to Wialon

Diana Cheley
Wialon Hosting Expert
Gurtam

Diana, the problem is that what we can register in event description  can't be used as a parameter for calculations in different parts of system.
And regarding Flespi, although I love it personally but we can't use it as it hosted outside country and we should forget it.

Hi Hamed!

the other way can be only following
you can export messages to wln file (text file) - request export messages

+ открыть спойлер

https://hst-api.wialon.com/wialon/ajax. … ress%22:0}
params: {"layerName":"messages","format":"wln","compress":0}

Then change file (edit) - add required parameters , please look the format for the raw in wln file
After import new messages - request import
The old messages you can delete

Diana Cheley
Wialon Hosting Expert
Gurtam