Custom Fields for Geofences

Тема: Custom Fields for Geofences

Hello,

Problem:
Generally our clients uses geofences for clients, but they don't have any place for placing a number of the client, a contact, name of a person, e-mail...

Solution:
Create custom fields for geofences and enable them inside reports by calculator.

Furthermore, I believe this function could be also used inside logistics for example, to import the name of geofence as the name of the client, number of the contact and also the e-mail for automatization when creating a new order for him to receive alerts.

Fernando Brochetto
Technical Support, Rastreasul

fernando@rastreasul.com.br

Re: Custom Fields for Geofences

Hi GT and Fernando Brochetto

I agree with this proposal. Currently we have only the possibility of adding all data and information as description which is good but not enough as most of times clients want categorized data from geofences like what Fernando asked. With the custom field for geofences that is possible.
Possibility of adding more categorized information for the geofence is already available via SDK (if I remember correctly) but unfortunately that is not available on main UI.

Hello Fernando Brochetto and hhamedk!

I will create the task for adding the custom fields to the geofences, however I do not think it should be expected to be implemented soon.

About binding these fields with Logistics. At the moment you could link Geofence with the Orders in the Logistics. All geofences are also available when you search the addresses in Logistics. Do you mean that with that binding the custom fields of the geofence should be added to the Order?

Please let me know if there are any other questions.

К сожалению, у вас не достаточно прав для просмотра данного текста

Maryia Paklonskaya
Wialon Business Analyst

"The important thing is not to stop questioning" (c)

Hellooo mapa,

At the moment you could link Geofence with the Orders in the Logistics

Yess, this already helps a lot.

Do you mean that with that binding the custom fields of the geofence should be added to the Order?

Exactly, this would be very usefull for not having to fill every field again when you have to create a new order. I know that there is a way to create permanent orders, but for example when the orders have different products, you cannot use the same label every time. If choosing the geofence as the address could automatically get e-mail, numbers... would make easier to create the orders, of course, talking about logistics.

Fernando Brochetto

Fernando Brochetto, well, this part sounds a little bit like using Wialon as a workaround instead of improving Logistics app.
It will be inconvenient for the users of Logistics as well - just imagine that for creating a library of addresses you have to go the Hosting, somehow understand that you have to create geofences and create custom fields for each geofence with contact information of the customers there smile
I am not sure this is the perfect solution of the problem you are facing.

I think Logistics app could create something like a customers base where both contact information and geofences will be stored. I have contacted Logistics product manager - Anton (nickname: voan), who may contact you additionally for clarifications. He will add this suggestion to the list of future improvements of the Logistics application. But this feature may not be the first in the list.

Please let me know if there are any other questions.

Maryia Paklonskaya
Wialon Business Analyst

"The important thing is not to stop questioning" (c)

Hello mapa,

this part sounds a little bit like using Wialon as a workaround instead of improving Logistics app.

You're right, I've just thought that as information of clients are needed in both Wialon and Logistics, perhaps a unification could be done.

I think Logistics app could create something like a customers base where both contact information and geofences will be stored.

Yess, I thought about this improvement too, for logistics it would be the best idea, like Hecterra have a tab for registering the fields and Nimbus the stops, Logistics a tab for registering the clients.

Fernando Brochetto