Persian Calendar

Тема: Persian Calendar

We really want to localize Logistics, Hectara, Nimbus and Fleetrun for our market and offer them to our potential customers and use their power to up sell our almost customers. The biggest problem here is that none of them supports Persian calendar and no one in Iran uses English UI or any other calendar than Persian calendar. As you have already implemented Persian calendar with Wialon itself it shouldn't be a hard job for you to add Persian calendar to these apps. Please revise this case internally and let us expand our market here in Iran.

Persian Calendar

Re: Persian Calendar

Hi tata

May you check this case with BizDev team as we had a discussion about this case in Dubai and I believe they have some feedback about this case.

Persian Calendar

Dear Hamed, hhamedk

My name is Maria, I am product manager of Logistics and Fleetrun applications.

Adding Persian calendar in these niche solutions is quite a demanding task from the standpoint of development and further maintenance. To tell the truth at the moment we are not very certain about whether such an addition to our applications will bring some noticeable value in terms of product development and promotion.

So I need a month to analyze the potential value and come back to you with a more reasoned response.

Maria Starikova,
Wialon Hosting Product manager, Gurtam

Persian Calendar

mars wrote:

To tell the truth at the moment we are not very certain about whether such an addition to our applications will bring some noticeable value in terms of product development and promotion.

Let me tell you how it brings value, in Iran we ONLY use Persian calendar and without Persian calendar these solutions are not usable. Here if you ask someone about date in Georgian calendar he/she has to check it in his/her calendar application and convert Persian date to Georgian date.

Persian Calendar

Thanks for the feedback, Hamed. hhamedk

Only implementation of the Persian calendar is approximately 1 month of effort of our team, not mentioning further maintenance.

That's why putting on one scale this request of yours and on the other scale the amount of work we will need to undertake in comparison to other significant requests that are already in the development plan we want to ensure that the correct decision is made.

We do not say yes or no to this request yet, but let us analyze it a bit in a more detailed way and we will come to you with
arguments on either of the sides.

Besides, I think that I will contact you directly to gather some additional information. It would be great if you share.

Maria Starikova,

Persian Calendar

mars, please share the result.

Persian Calendar

Dear Hamed, hhamedk

I appreciate your patience. We are still in the process of analysis as it took us more time than we have expected. We want to communicate with other partners from the respective region and it takes time.

As soon as we will be ready to share the feedback, you will the first one to learn it, I assure you.

Maria Starikova,

Persian Calendar

Dear Hamed, hhamedk 

Finally we have made the decision on whether the Persian calendar should be added to our niche solutions - NimBus, Fleetrun, Hecterra and Logistics. Sorry that it took us more time than we have expected.

---
Unfortunately, at the moment we are not ready to start the development of the Persian calendar. The rationale behind such a decision is below:

There is only one partner in the corresponding region that is interested in adding the Persian calendar to the applications. Other partners do not even use our applications and are mainly concentrated on promoting and selling the core platform. This leads us to the following: according to our process of new feature implementation, we strive to add only those features that are required by at least some partners and can be potentially spread to different regions, markets and utilized in various types of projects.

This process is especially true when we speak about huge features (the Persian calendar turns out to be the one) that will require more efforts than the features that we usually add to the product. In this case we want to be sure that we add something that will bring value to numerous partners and their clients. This is our biggest priority when selecting features for further implementation.

As long as the Persian calendar is not a feature that is of interest for some number of partners, we have to say 'no' to it. Just as we do with other features like this one.

Currently, we are focusing on the enhancements that will be useful for a bigger number of partners, so if you have any suggestions on how functionally our niche solutions should evolve, let us know.

---
I hope for your understanding in this regard.

Maria Starikova,

Persian Calendar

mars, any update/change in regards of my request? At least Fleetrun and Nimbus are very useful for our customers and is getting better and better everyday but we can't promote it because of lack of Persian calendar and Persian language.

Persian Calendar

Dear Hamed, hhamedk

Good day!
My name is Anton, I'm a business analyst for the Logistics project.
Unfortunately, at the moment we are not ready to start the development of the Persian calendar. The rationale for this decision is above.

We will notify you if the status of this request changes.

Anton Voitenko,
Wialon Logistics Product Manager, Gurtam

Persian Calendar

Hi GT

Is the situation still same regarding adding Persian calendar to Logistics, Hectara, Nimbus and Fleetrun?

Persian Calendar

Dear hhamedk,
At the moment we are not ready to start the development of the Persian calendar. We will notify you if the status of this request changes.

Anton Voitenko,
Wialon Logistics Product Manager, Gurtam