Silence notifications to Telegram

(20/01/2021 21:48:14 отредактировано asaucedo)

Тема: Silence notifications to Telegram

Hello everyone,

Wialon has the option to send a notification via BOT to a group or Telegram channel. Recently one of my clients said that this has been very beneficious to the company where he works, but he also mentions that they have too many notifications (all useful) and wants to silence some of the less important notifications. This is a feature that can be configured with a simple line of code (disable_notification), this way, the notification doesn’t emit any sound in the group or chat and the users can see the resume at the end of the day.
This way my client can silence some “less important” notifications and only the important ones will have a sound, he mentions that some of his colleagues are in chat groups where they can check real time notifications, for them, this is the fastest and more practical way to do this because their email isn’t full, they don’t have to install Wialon app or have access to the web version of Wialon. Without this option, sometimes they have to silence the group, missing important notifications.

I hope you can add this feature to Wialon in the future that is documented in the API section of Telegram, because I think this could be useful for other partners too.

Kind regards,
Alan Saucedo / GPSmonitor

Re: Silence notifications to Telegram

make the notification go to diffrent channal and  mute it

hasan.ahmed пишет:

make the notification go to diffrent channal and  mute it

They want to use one channel for everyone, because at the end of the day they receive a summary of all day. Also they have many notifications and dont want to overflow the users with more groups or channles.

Hello asaucedo,

Thanks for your suggestion. Your need to add a silent notification option is clear to me. From a development point of view, this is a non-costly enhancement. As you pointed out earlier, we need to add the disable_notification option and implement a checkbox in the notifications that will allow to enable/disable this option.
Unfortunately, no one supported your idea so far, so the priority of the task is very low and it's too early to talk about implementation timeframe. But you still have a working option: create several bots and channels and divide notifications between them. The channel with the less important notifications should be closed.

As soon as I have news for you, I will post it in this thread.

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon

Hello Nastassia,

Thank you for the follow up, it's a shame no one replied to this thread. I hope this feature stil gets implemented in the near future.

kind regards