Last Known Readings for Sensors

Тема: Last Known Readings for Sensors

Dear all

We are requesting to add a feature in the reports. That feature is allowing to show the last known readings for the sensors in the reports.

For example, we have a group of units and we want to execute a report to see the last readings for some sensors, and that readings should be known values, we do not want to see any zeros or blanks fields.

As we tried too much and asked gurtam support team, there are no such a feature like that. So we want to suggest to add that feature in the coming days.

Thank You.

Re: Last Known Readings for Sensors

Dear Ali ali.m,
Thanks for the suggestion.

In the report 'Sensor tracing' it is possible to view the sensor values at any point in time for which the message was received. Do you use this report?

Additionally, it is always possible to get the last known sensor value in the unit tooltip. I know it is not a report, but it can give you a full picture of the situation with the unit.

Fernando Fernando Brochetto, if you have to add something, it would be great.

Maria Starikova,
Wialon Hosting Product manager, Gurtam

Hello mars, how are you?
Some sensors send information even if the vehicle is with engine off, so you can't use trips or engine hours tables, I think that if you include the columns of final, initial, max, min and avg value of sensor in the report summary of group of units, you would be able to get the last value of the sensor easily with final value of the sensor.

Fernando Brochetto
Technical Support, Rastreasul

fernando@rastreasul.com.br

After some investigation I probably understood what is the initial request of ali.m is about.

So generally Instead of dash or 0 values which seem to be invalid, you want to know the last known VALID values of some sensors. In order to achieve this, you can run the Sensors tracing report and use the "Skip empty rows" option to omit the rows with the invalid values and the report will only show the rows with last valid values. Have you tried this variant?

Fernando Brochetto Fernando, won't this variant meet your requirement as well?

Also ali.m, if there is more information that you can share, there might be a different solution that I can suggest. For instance, I have two questions:

1) For what types of sensors you would like to know the last valid values?

2) Do you know the reason for the values that you get to be invalid?

Maria Starikova,
Wialon Hosting Product manager, Gurtam

Hello mars, if I'm not wrong this report have the option to show the sensors in columns only by unit (you can't use groups) and it will only show the last message of which at least one sensor had a valid information, take a look at the screenshots. So many times it will not show us the information we want.

• Last Known Readings for Sensors
Fernando Brochetto
Technical Support, Rastreasul

fernando@rastreasul.com.br