NimBus, Online 2.0: major system update

Тема: NimBus, Online 2.0: major system update

Previously I’ve posted here an announcement of the development of a new tracking module, code-named Online 2.0. After today's update v. 2.0.4 this functionality became available to all users. In this topic you will find some basic information about the new operating mode, as well as a short instruction for users (zip file in attachments below).

What is Online 2.0?
Online 2.0 is a new version of the system tracking module. This module is responsible for:
- receiving data from units
- processing incoming messages
- selection of a strategy for the processing.
The main changes took place in the inside logic, so not all of them are noticeable at first glance.

Why change anything?
Some of the popular requests were very difficult (and sometimes impossible) to implement within the existing system architecture.
Therefore, we decided to develop a new logic for creating and tracking rides.

What has changed in the system?
Now you can use a new message processing strategy in NimBus. This allowed us to add a new type of rides activation: by visiting a stop (geofence). While these changes are subtle, they open up many opportunities for further development of the system.

Is Online 2.0 enabled by default?
No. If you have a project using NimBus, at the moment it continues to work with the old version of the tracking module. You can activate the new mode on the Administration page in the depot settings (see instructions below).

What new functionality is available now?
- Assign units to rides automatically. The system selects one unit from several (linked to a route) and assigns it to a ride.
- Create circular routes. A circular route is a route in which the first stop coincides with the last, but has a different visiting time indicated in the schedule.
- Improved message processing for self-intersecting routes. This is a route, the line of which intersects or partially overlaps with itself.

We have already added new functionality, but the most important advantage of this update -- opportunities for further development of NimBus.

There is an article about the new operating mode in the blog. Feel free to ask any questions right in this topic!
Also join our Gurtam meetup “NimBus and Online 2.0” on December 17, 5 p.m. (UTC+3).

• NimBus, Online 2.0: major system update
Опубликовать вложения

Иконка вложений Online 2.0 (EN).zip 722.79 Кб, файл был скачан 277 раз(а) 

Viktoria Chabai
Product Manager, Wialon
Join our Telegram Update Channel | Следите за обновлениями на нашем Telegram канале

Re: NimBus, Online 2.0: major system update

Good Morning!

Super Useful update, I've been waiting for these functionalities for a while and I'm glad they are being implemented.

I have a question about the platform, it's about a function that I'm not sure if its implemented or if it's possible.

Based on the reports that we get from units (Wialon reports) maybe from routes that have been made. Is there any way to generate Nimbus Routes based on those ones from Wialon? Or do they have to be created manually?

Thanks in advance!

Hello, luisdapadilla!

I will be glad to hear out any comments on the new functionality, please share your experience regarding Online 2.0.

As for your question, currently there are two options to create a route: manually or using import from GTFS.
Currently it works only this way because in NimBus routes are based on stops, so you need to create them first.

There are more options to create stops: manually, using import from KML or, again, using import from GTFS. Also you can try to have a way around: to create geofences based on unit's messages using API.

Thanks for you question, this idea is noted. Although it's not an easy one to implement, we'll consider it in future.

Viktoria Chabai
Product Manager, Wialon
Join our Telegram Update Channel | Следите за обновлениями на нашем Telegram канале

SUPER!

LOVED THIS INFORMATION.

I'M GOING TO TEST IT TODAY. VERY EXCITED TO USE THE AUTO RIDE GENERATION.

THAT WAS ALL I WAS ASKING FOR.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!! smile

Hi rastreotech!

Looking forward to hearing your feedback! Just in case, you can find more information on the new functionality in the user documentation, also we've had a webinar dedicated to the new operational mode and NimBus setup, check it out.

And one more spoiler: currently we are working on the new schedule type - relative schedules. It will give our users the opportunity to control rides without strict time compliance (without fixed schedules). Stay tuned!

Viktoria Chabai
Product Manager, Wialon