Editing access rights preset inconvenience

(05/06/2020 12:49:42 отредактировано m.iliev)

Тема: Editing access rights preset inconvenience

Hello,

I am writing here because we have Wialon Local. Now with version 2004.
Is there a reason that access presets don't apply automatically to all users after editing?
For the years that we use Wialon i am tired of making changes to 100+ users one by one to unit groups and resources manually after i edit the preset.
Presets must be global and after editing to apply to all users that use them in the first place.

Re: Editing access rights preset inconvenience

go to the setting of the unit group, you will see an access tab, press it and give access to alll the users.

very simple

m.iliev wrote:

Presets must be global and after editing to apply to all users that use them in the first place.

If I understood you correctly you are talking about ACL presets. In this case I'm 100% agree with you that Wialon should has global ACL presets and also user ACL presets. Now Wialon has only user ACL presets.

GT please get involved on this interesting topic.

Dear m.iliev,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. The problem that you face is clear. As it was fairly mentioned by hhamedk there are no ''global'' presets in Wialon and the ones that we have work in regards of a element-user combination which means that editing a preset will make changes for a particular user and the corresponding elements they have access to, not all the element-user combinations that are linked to this preset.

As I see it, the assignment of presets is used for basic setup which means that if then there is a necessity to make changes in access rights for a particular element-user combination, the changes are made outside the preset. Not in the preset itself. That's how I can also explain myself why there are no requests like this one from other partners.

All changes in ACL logic are painful as a lot of staff is already linked to it, so no immediate actions will be taken, but anyway, I will note down the problem that you mentioned and keep an eye on it.

It would be great if other partners also comment on this topic and describe in more details how they use the presets and whether they experience the same kind of inconvenience.

Maria Starikova,
Wialon Hosting Product manager, Gurtam