Topic: Monitoring of rides in NimBus: new logic. Request beta-testing!
Good day everyone!
This year we have ambitious plans for NimBus. And currently we are working on development of a new tracking module, its code name is Online 2.0.
What is it?
There are certain principles that guide the way the system starts rides and ends them.
The existing algorithm is described in our user guide.
Why change anything?
Some of the popular requests are really hard (or just impossible) to implement within the existing architecture of the app.
That’s why our team decided to rethink the logic of rides’ creation and monitoring.
We take the following cases into detailed consideration:
- Circular routes. Any cases when the route’s line has intersections and the ride’s result is not correct.
- Create a ride when a unit leaves the geofence (“automatic” creation of rides).
- Rides with no schedules.
- Partly completed rides, rides that start not from the first stop or end not at the last one.
Besides, soon we are planning to start a beta-testing during which your advice is most appreciated. Only using the real data can help us to know that the new module meets the requirements.
You can request participation in the testing or just share similar cases right here, or contact me directly (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please mention the following:
- The core of your issue. Describe the process with as many details as possible. It is essential for us to fully understand your difficulty.
- Why couldn't you solve it with NimBus? What you have tried to do and why it didn’t work?
- Your suggestions or a good example of how it works in other systems (optional).
Looking forward to your comments!