Ideas regarding Fleetrun enhancement

Re: Ideas regarding Fleetrun enhancement

Hi kalle!

Thanks a lot for letting me know that there is such a cool though easy system that you use in Finland.

I have taken quite a deep look into it.

And my question is whether you ask for an ability to integrate this system into Fleetrun or do you want to see features from it in Fleetrun?

From what I analyzed I can clearly enumerate the following things this application can do (I checked usage for private needs):

1) see costs for all devices (we do this in Fleetrun too, not in bar charts, but this is just a matter of time);
2) register performed maintenance (Fleetrun does this as well, but in a more sophisticated way, e.g. registering maintenance for any date in the past);
3) upcoming maintenance and reminders (Fleetrun is able to plan a service for any date in the future, whether linked to an interval or not and remind about it in versatile ways: online, external servers, telegram, e-mail);

Please let me know if I missed anything.

On the other side, could you please specify what are particular things that you want to see in Fleetrun from the mentioned application? It would help us move further with the analysis.

Maria Starikova,
Wialon Hosting Product manager, Gurtam

Hi, thks for youre reply. I just sended this link to you as an info. We dont use Finnish application but were´re going to use Fleetrun when its intgrated to Local next version (1904 I suppose).

It is planned that Fleetrun will appear in Local 1904, that's right.

Anyway thanks for the link that you have provided, was interesting to take a look.

After you start testing the application it would be great if you could share some feedback with us here or at mars@gurtam.com.

Thanks!

Maria Starikova,

Hi, sure I will. I allready translated it to youre translation platform. I can test it couse I have also login to WH. I will send u email after testing it and if I have some dev suggestions.

Dear Mars

we have a Fleet of about 300 Vehicles and we have a limitation of the following

1. The unit profile in fleet run is limited  we need to be able to have more fields
2. Is it Possible to Import costs from an ERP to Fleet run through Excel \
3. Is there a possibility of generating or emailing Job cards after service is done
4. Since if i need to know cost per Kilo Meter i might need to capture all Vehicle costs. Please confirm if i load fuel cost for the vehicles
5.I have engineers who service these vehicles is it possible to that them captured in Fleet run

Dear alwanyaga!

Thanks a lot for describing what you miss in Fleetrun, this helps a lot in recognizing application's prospectives. Below are my comments to each point:

1) Could you please describe what fields beside the unit type would like to have? For what purposes?
Generally we have some plans on enhancing the 'Unit profile' section, but some more details from your side will be really helpful.

2) It would be great if you could show us the sample of such an excel file, so that we are able to analyze what fields can be potentially included into it. Please send the file to mars@gurtam.com or if you want you can also attach it right here.

3) Could you please tell us more on what should be included in the job card and who does fill it in? Maybe you have some template to share? You can send it to mars@gurtam.com as well.

The reason why I ask for this is that depending on the business peculiarities a job card can have numerous templates.

4)  By fuel costs do you mean the costs of fillings?

5) It totally depends on the task that you are aiming to solve. To start with I suggest you capturing the names of the engineers in the 'Description' field which is further on can be depicted in reports that you run in Fleetrun.

Thanks again and looking forward to getting some more details on these requests.

Maria Starikova,

Hi Masha,

Here are a couple of enhancement ideas for Fleetrun.

One Time Interval
I’d really like to have the ability to create an interval that only occurs once for a service object.

For example, a new vehicle has a special 1,000km service which only happens once. From then on, it has a service every 10,000km.

In this example, it would be good to be able to create a 1,000km interval with a 200km advance notice. When the first service has been created for the unit, it gets removed from the assigned service objects list for the interval.

User Defined Unit Types
It would be great to be able to define our own unit types.

Some of the terminology currently used is not what we use in Australia (e.g. we do not use the term “Lorry”).

There are a number of unit types that we need in the list - Digger, Skid Steer, Loader, Excavator.

Thanks

Matt

Dear Matt! Coops

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

Recently we have received another suggestion from our partner that is aimed at solving the same problem as you have described (the first one). So we have put down this request as an interesting one, that can be potentially valid for many users. We need some time to process it and see how this request can be functionally implemented. Let's stay in touch about it.

In regards to the second request I can say the following: primarily our goal was to generalize all unit types that we have in Wialon and provide Fleetrun users with a defined list of them so that they can use such a list to specify their units types. We did not give an ability to enter custom unit types as we wanted to prevent the situation when basically one and the same type is called in several different names.

But if the problem lies in just localizing unit types that we provide for different regions then I believe there is a chance we can do this. I will contact you directly soon to get more details about this request.

Maria Starikova,

Thanks Masha.

Appreciate the feedback!

(06/12/2019 12:04:06 отредактировано markoRCLteh)

Hello!

My name is Marko and I am the project manager at RCLteh. Below are my suggestions on how to improve Fleetrun taken from feedback of my clients and my own evaluation. The feedback I got is from companys that operate more then 100 vehicles.

1. More input fields when creating a service by hand
Currently there are only two input fields available Name and Description. While it is true that you can write what ever you want in the Description fields this field is not available when looking at the archive or upcoming services. You need to click each service and see the description.

I suggest adding the ability to create custom fields that can be shown in Upcoming/Archive services with out the need to click on the service to see the information.

My clients would want a field that contains the company/mechanic that is planned to do the service and then they would want the ability to create reports so they could see how much they spent at each mechanic shop/company.

2. Manually created services are not able to send notifications
Currently if you create a service by hand there is no way to get a notification for that service before the due date.

For example lets say you create a service called tire change with due date 1.1.2020. There is no option/setting or anything that will send you a notification lets say for example 10 days before that date.

The system gives you the option of creating a service by hand but that option is useless if you cant get a notification for it.

3. Reporting
When creating a report for Due services that are planned there is no Due date in the generated report. Its only Term of completion column that has number of days till the Due date. I think Due data should also be included as it makes it faster to see what needs to be done. With Term of completion you need to look at the calendar and calculate your planning and so on.

4. Creating work orders for employees

The feedback I got from my clients is that the system need some kind of ability to create work orders for employees to have some sort of a paper trail of what is being done to the vehicle.

Work order are very important for the employee as it tell him what needs to be done and who needs to do it.
Work orders are very important for mechanics as it tells them what seems to be the issue, who they can call for more information, for what company is the work being done etc.
Work order also create a paper trail of work on the vehicle that the client can check if something is out of line.

For each planned service we should have the ability to create a work order that contains information:
- about the planned service(like a report)
- information about the client that is generating the work order(logo, contact information, company information)
- name and address of the mechanic shop the vehicle is supposed to go
- an empty field so the mechanic can write what was done on the vehicle
- a field so the mechanic can write status of odometer at the time of service
- a empty field for date of service
- price of service
- check box for Fleetrun(service was written into fleetrun or not)

When the service is done and the employee brings back the work order the Fleetrun admin in the company has complete information and he can complete the service. He also has a paper trail for every service.

Attaching a work order example from my client translated to English.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1o9D … sp=sharing

Best regards,
Marko

Hello,
We had some feedback requesting work orders too, so what markoRCLteh have written is of our interest too.

Fernando Brochetto
Technical Support, Rastreasul

fernando@rastreasul.com.br

(28/01/2020 13:54:45 отредактировано phillype_loredo)

I would like to know if is possible insert a framework with TMC protocols for preventive maintenance for trucks? According to NACFE with benchmarking applications this practices could reduce the fuel consumption with 5% to 10%,the protocols could be founded at page 28 of this report:https://nacfe.org/technology/preventive-maintenance/.

(31/01/2020 07:12:22 отредактировано phillype_loredo)

I would like to suggest a module for operational maintenance  budget for trucks,as a center of cost model and a model with operational budget .With a operational budget module,It's possible import the invoices and compare the operational budget with the real spending.

(31/01/2020 07:09:55 отредактировано phillype_loredo)

Associate the operational budget with the TMC  protocols  as a management  view ,it's will be intersting to control maintenance cost's.

"RP 803A, Pre-Service Vehicle Inspection. Provides a form which contains most of the standard items to be inspected prior to a truck or tractor being put into service. Enables user to have a basic format to which they can add high-frequency repair items and special equipment needs."

RP 223D, Tire Selection Process. Outlines the major items for consideration and provides a step-by-step thought process for selecting the best type of tire for the application.

- RP 239A, Commercial Vehicle Tire Inflation and/or Monitoring Systems Guidelines. Helps fleets select tire inflation and monitoring systems for commercial truck tires. Covers current capabilities and basic operation of tire inflation and pressure monitoring systems.

https://www.vehicleservicepros.com/shop … -practices

Incredible introduction today and extraordinary potential. I energize including two or three custom customer fields to illuminate to the administrations tab to empower fathoming singular needs, models ordering sorts of administrations, recording seller names or receipt numbers, ATA codes, etc.for detailing purposes. It appears would be a very basic upgrade. If it's not too much trouble consider.

Hi!

phillype_loredo пишет:

Associate the operational budget with the TMC  protocols  as a management  view ,it's will be intersting to control maintenance cost's.

"RP 803A, Pre-Service Vehicle Inspection. Provides a form which contains most of the standard items to be inspected prior to a truck or tractor being put into service. Enables user to have a basic format to which they can add high-frequency repair items and special equipment needs."

RP 223D, Tire Selection Process. Outlines the major items for consideration and provides a step-by-step thought process for selecting the best type of tire for the application.

- RP 239A, Commercial Vehicle Tire Inflation and/or Monitoring Systems Guidelines. Helps fleets select tire inflation and monitoring systems for commercial truck tires. Covers current capabilities and basic operation of tire inflation and pressure monitoring systems.

https://www.vehicleservicepros.com/shop … -practices

Sorry, but it is not particularly clear what this request is about.

phillype_loredo пишет:

I would like to know if is possible insert a framework with TMC protocols for preventive maintenance for trucks? According to NACFE with benchmarking applications this practices could reduce the fuel consumption with 5% to 10%,the protocols could be founded at page 28 of this report:https://nacfe.org/technology/preventive-maintenance/.

Unfortunately, I was not able to find the protocols via the link that you shared.

Could you please share them the other way?

Maria Starikova,

Hi!

phillype_loredo пишет:

I would like to suggest a module for operational maintenance  budget for trucks,as a center of cost model and a model with operational budget .With a operational budget module,It's possible import the invoices and compare the operational budget with the real spending.

I understand that generally what you ask for is to be able to compare how much money was spent (as operational costs) on fleet trucks and how much money was planned to be spent. But it would be great if you can provide more details:

1. What current problems of yours or/and your clients will such a functionality solve?

2. How do you/your clients currently compare the planned budget and the real spendings?

3. How and how identifies what will be the budget?

Thank you.

Maria Starikova,

Hi!

jonnyroot3345 пишет:

Incredible introduction today and extraordinary potential. I energize including two or three custom customer fields to illuminate to the administrations tab to empower fathoming singular needs, models ordering sorts of administrations, recording seller names or receipt numbers, ATA codes, etc.for detailing purposes. It appears would be a very basic upgrade. If it's not too much trouble consider.

We have been already thinking about adding custom fields, but there is a couple of things that stay unclear. It would be great if you can provide more details on this:

1) Are custom fields fleet-wise or service-wise?

2) In what parts of Fleetrun would you like to utilize the custom fields in case they appear?

---

To make better decisions on whether some functionality should be implemented or not, we need to understand the requests of our users better, create a picture of their business processes and what difficulties they encounter. Otherwise, there is a risk we develop smth that does not solve a real problem.

Maria Starikova,

If you look the NACFE spreadsheet they have a group of 75 technologies and praticies wich generate fuel economy,its important select some groups of these technologies and praticies:Drive training for fuel economy,a preventive maintence plan,tire manegament plan,and the usage o of low rolling resistence tires.

One way to measure this ,are have these services descript in operational bugdets,separate by center of cost,and compare the paybacks of these praticies in the financial result of the fuel account.

1-https://nacfe.org/annual-fleet-fuel-studies/

2-https://nacfe.org/report-library/thought-leadership-reports/payback-analysis/

3-https://nacfe.org/technology/low-rolling-resistance-duals/

4-https://nacfe.org/technology/preventive-maintenance/.( some  practices could reduce the fuel consumption with 5% to 10%,the protocols could be founded at page 28)

(04/02/2020 11:23:50 отредактировано phillype_loredo)

Here in this site, there is  a test with LRR retreads and non LRR retreads that was made in US .The objective of this tes,t is show the fuel eficiency provided by the LRR retreads.This test work with these concepts:Fuel buget,Tire budget and the payback provided by the usage of the technology.

http://bestreadsinc.com/leas.html

(04/02/2020 10:53:16 отредактировано phillype_loredo)

Key    Recommended    Practices    for    Maintenance    from    the    Technology    &    Maintenance    Council
• RP    211C    Rim    And    Wheel    Selection    And    Maintenance
• RP    230B    Tire    Test    Procedures    For    Tread    Wear,    Serviceability    And    Fuel    Economy
• RP    301C    Maintaining    Air    Intake    Systems
• RP    311A    Cold    Weather    Operation
• RP    313C    Checklist    For    Cooling    System    Maintenance
• RP    318C    Used    Oil    Analysis
• RP    320C    Inspection,    Maintenance    And    Tension    of    Accessory    Belt    Drive    Systems
• RP    333A    Heat    Exchanger    Exterior    Maintenance    And    Cleaning
• RP    334B    Guidelines    For    Establishing    Proper    Engine    Oil    Drain    Intervals    For    Heavy-Duty    Diesels
• RP    336A    Aluminum    Radiator    Maintenance
• RP    338A    Extended    Service    Interval    Coolants
• RP    339    Maintaining    Fuel/Water    Separators
• RP    345A    Diesel    Fuel    Housekeeping    Guidelines
• RP    347A    Fan    Drive    Maintenance    And    Troubleshooting
• RP    354    Fuel    Economy    Tracking    Guidelines
• RP    355A    Maintenance    And    Inspection    Guidelines    For    OEM-Installed    Exhaust    Particulate    Filters   
For    Diesel-Powered    Vehicles
• RP    358    Charge    Air    Cooler    Maintenance    And    Testing    Guidelines
• RP    360    Diesel    Exhaust    Fluid    Guidelines
• RP    361    EGR    Cooler    Diagnosis    And    Cleaning
• RP    362    Guidelines    For    Used    Coolant    Analysis    Of    Heavy-Duty    Vehicles
• RP    365    Coolant    Maintenance    Guidelines
• RP    607B    Preventive    Maintenance    and    Inspection    of    S-Cam    Foundation    Brakes
• RP    609C    Self-Adjusting    And    Manual    Brake    Adjuster    Removal,    Installation    And    Maintenance
• RP    622A    Wheel    Seal    And    Bearing    Removal,    Installation    And    Maintenance
• RP    624A    Lubricant    Fundamentals
• RP    638A    Heavy-Duty    Clutch    Maintenance    Guidelines
• RP    641A Maintenance    Guidelines    For    Hydraulically    Actuated    Clutches
• RP    642B    Total    Vehicle    Alignment:    Recommendations    For    Maximizing    Tire    And    Alignment-
Related    Component    Life
• RP    643    Air-Ride    Suspension    Maintenance    Guidelines
• RP    645    Tie    Rod    Inspection    And    Maintenance    Procedure
• RP    646    Driveline    Fastener    Preventive    Maintenance
• RP    650    Guidelines    For    Fifth    Wheel    Pre-Delivery    Inspection,    Preventive    Maintenance    And   
Troubleshooting
• RP    651    Steer    Axle    Maintenance    Guidelines
• RP    655    Drive    Axle    Maintenance    Guidelines
• RP    656    Hub    And    Spoke    Wheel    Fastener    Maintenance
•http://nacfe.org/technology/preventive-maintenance/(page 28 of the report)

mars пишет:

I understand that generally what you ask for is to be able to compare how much money was spent (as operational costs) on fleet trucks and how much money was planned to be spent. But it would be great if you can provide more details:

1. What current problems of yours or/and your clients will such a functionality solve?

2. How do you/your clients currently compare the planned budget and the real spendings?

3. How and how identifies what will be the budget?

Thank you.

1-First the objective is separate the cost of preventive maitenance,and corrective maitenance,and measure the impact of the cost of preventive maintenance in the fuel consumption.Generaly the fleets in Brazil control the maintenance cost in one general account,instead this account have diference center of cost's(tires,among others).

3-The bugdet will be identify by the historical level of the cost in the income statement.

2-The compare it are made using the value in the budget account of and the spending in the real account.

(17/04/2020 03:38:12 отредактировано phillype_loredo)

So what we know,we will start do the maintenance service and at some time the fuel efficiency will increase.The intuition could be verify ina  Dashboard like this.

• Ideas regarding Fleetrun enhancement

Hi mars

Please dont forget about making the dashboard dynamic with the selected period

Hello Mars, it's possible have this funcionality of Noregon:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvKTw1YWbZY