New Object: Tracker

Тема: New Object: Tracker

Hello,
A time ago I did created a topic for controlling trackers removed/installed/changed

https://forum.gurtam.com/viewtopic.php?id=15792

Now I have another ideia that could maybe solve this problem we have, but in a different way, maybe others partners would share these needs.

Problem:
We have problems when trying to know when a tracker has been changed from a vehicle to another, when it is removed or even installed. When a tracker is removed, for example, if the unit is deleted youll never know the exact moment it was really removed, after the unit is deleted, you'll never get that data anymore. If it is changed, you don't have a report, for example, that shows which device was and which is now inside the vehicle. The topic mentioned explains it better.

Solution:
Create new resource: Trackers (Or maybe Devices)
This would be a new tab where you could create every devices: when you create a device, you select its type, add the SIMs inside of it, and can put some tags.
Inside the unit: every device that is already inside a unit, is created automatically and when you star typing a number of Unique ID, the systems shows a list where you can just select the tracker that its already created and it will fill automatically the whole ID and SIM numbers, or just create the device in these fields.
Report: New type of report by Trackers
In this report you could have the trackers, the units that it is installed, when it was installed, when it was removed, from the vehicle it was and where it is now, its current location, this kind of information.

Users:
Controlling the devices we have is a way of having better control of where the devices are, because if we don't have this management, many devices are lost.

Fernando Brochetto
Technical Support, Rastreasul

fernando@rastreasul.com.br

Re: New Object: Tracker

Hi Fernando Brochetto smile

Thank you for such a detailed request and stating not only the problem but also the solution. The idea you have is really great and huge which makes it sound like a separate application.

Could you please share with us how many times per week\month you have a need in this feature? How many times there were situations when you or your clients were not able to find the devices? Maybe you know whether other partners faced the same issue? It would be great to find extra support for the solution you've proposed. 

How can we help you right now?
Well, first of all, it is always great to contact other partners for the help since many of them may have already faced the same problems. You could use forum or WhatsApp for that.

Secondly, I have run through our website (the community section) and came across several solutions from our partners which seem to be similar to what you need. At least they have a device tab and collect all info about the devices installed. I do hope that helps.

1. https://gurtam.com/en/blog/fleet-health … iagnostics
2. https://gurtam.com/en/blog/avl-manager-for-partners This module also stores all the data on the equipment (what is left in stock, what devices are out of order, what devices clients have in warranty) and SIM cards.

Please let me know whether the provided information is valuable and feel free to contact us in case anything else is needed.

Thank you,
Maria

Maryia Paklonskaya
Wialon Business Analyst

"The important thing is not to stop questioning" (c)

(11/05/2020 16:49:17 отредактировано Fernando Brochetto)

Hello mapa smile

Could you please share with us how many times per week\month you have a need in this feature? How many times there were situations when you or your clients were not able to find the devices? Maybe you know whether other partners faced the same issue? It would be great to find extra support for the solution you've proposed.

It actually depends, some info like knowing from where a tracker was and where it is now is not everyday needed, like a time per week/month. But in the other platform we use, information like the moment the equipment were installed/unninstalled is for everyday services we do. It's a good way for knowing exactly if every services were done properly in a day and doing this we can also notice at the same time if something is wrong: for example, this device shouldn't be used, the unit which the tracker was used have some properties that needs to be changed...

Well, first of all, it is always great to contact other partners for the help since many of them may have already faced the same problems. You could use forum or WhatsApp for that.

I'll try to find partners who have the same needs smile

Secondly, I have run through our website (the community section) and came across several solutions from our partners which seem to be similar to what you need. At least they have a device tab and collect all info about the devices installed. I do hope that helps.

Actually, looking the articles, FleetHealth is more an app for diagnostics. This is great, but not actually what we need. The main objective of my request is knowing "when": when every action was done, with the help of "where"  and "who" (unit) provided by the platform.

AVL Manager is an app for sales and stock control. The stock control part is great, but we already have this management in our management system and it doesn't solves our problem. This request is necessary because the platform is free for doing any alterations on the equipments.

Fernando Brochetto

Fernando Brochetto ,

It actually depends, some info like knowing from where a tracker was and where it is now is not everyday needed, like a time per week/month. But in the other platform we use, information like the moment the equipment were installed/unninstalled is for everyday services we do. It's a good way for knowing exactly if every services were done properly in a day and doing this we can also notice at the same time if something is wrong: for example, this device shouldn't be used, the unit which the tracker was used have some properties that needs to be changed...

Thank you for the answer!

Actually, looking the articles, FleetHealth is more an app for diagnostics. This is great, but not actually what we need. The main objective of my request is knowing "when": when every action was done, with the help of "where"  and "who" (unit) provided by the platform.

AVL Manager is an app for sales and stock control. The stock control part is great, but we already have this management in our management system and it doesn't solves our problem. This request is necessary because the platform is free for doing any alterations on the equipments.

Thank you for reviewing the apps and providing us with details of the need you have. Very useful pieces of information!
Sorry to hear the apps did not cover your needs though sad

I have created a ticket to solve the problem you face. Once the ticket is prioritized among other features for further analysis - we may come back to you for clarifications.

As I have mentioned in the previous post - it would be great to see that you are not the only one who faces that problem.

Anyway, we will keep you updated in this thread.

Thank you,
Maria

Maryia Paklonskaya
Wialon Business Analyst

"The important thing is not to stop questioning" (c)

Hello mapa smile
Thank you!

As I have mentioned in the previous post - it would be great to see that you are not the only one who faces that problem.

Yes, unfortunately I usually need to know which unit was with determined tracker installed and all the other things I've passed.
I tried to explain the situation inside the groups but only one person messaged me supporting the idea sad.

Fernando Brochetto