Trips and Tracks: Sensors Adaptation

Тема: Trips and Tracks: Sensors Adaptation

Hello,
We have a client that works with tipper and mixer trucks. They have sensors for when both vehicles are deliverying.
So they have a request for using the values of the sensors in the tracks and trips.

Problem:
a) Knowing if a vehicle has delivered concrete by the tracks of sensors doesn't help because the vehicle basecally doesn't moves when is unloading, so when a vehicle uses a sensor and it's not moving, there is no way to know by the lines of the tracks if it was really activated.

b) Sometimes a vehicle do a trip but doesn't activate any sensor, so if you want to monitor a delivery, you'll have to look for more than one trip to find the place where the unload was done.

Idea:
a) Create inside Tracks, markers for when a sensor is activated/disabled and the option to choose the sensors to appear (maybe mask for the sensors or just a checkbox).

b) Create a new type of trip detection by digital sensors: Option to consider a trip during the time when the sensor was activated or through the intervals between a sensor activation. You could also set a minimum distance (radius) to avoid considering more than one trip when the vehicle were unloading concrete more than one time in the same client driving a few meters.

User:
Will get the metrics of each delivery separated and will be able to see easily through the maps where the concrete was delivered.

• Trips and Tracks: Sensors Adaptation
  • Trips and Tracks: Sensors Adaptation
Fernando Brochetto
Technical Support, Rastreasul

fernando@rastreasul.com.br

Re: Trips and Tracks: Sensors Adaptation

Hi Fernando. Fernando Brochetto

As far as I see your objective is to know whether the concrete was unloaded, the location and the time of unloading. Is my understanding correct?

If yes, then have you taken a look at the Parkings table in reports?

As long as unloading takes place only during parkings, in the table settings you can filter by only those parkings where the corresponding sensor was activated.

In the end, you will get a report where each row will stand for a parking with the concrete being unloaded.
---

What confuses me in your request is a requirement to make the changes to the tracks and trips while both of these options are aimed at controlling of what is going on while the vehicle is moving whereas you need the information on what is going on within parkings. Knowing this, maybe you can provide us with more details.

Maria Starikova,
Wialon Hosting Product manager, Gurtam

Hello mars,

As far as I see your objective is to know whether the concrete was unloaded, the location and the time of unloading. Is my understanding correct?

Yes, mixers and dump trucks too. But the point is to see where it was unloaded directly in the tracks, so creating a new marker for digital sensors would solve the case. It could be used for other sensors too, like windshield wipers, air conditioning...
The problem is that sometimes it is not considered a parking because the time is too short, and sometimes a parking is considered but it hasn't unloaded, so creating the marker would solve the case.

--

The change of trip detector was requested by a client that works just with dump trucks. He wants that every trip considered in the platform is a trip where the vehicle has unloaded, even if the final destination wasn't a client. As they do a unload per work, separating unloads in trips would be great.

Fernando Brochetto

Hi Fernando, Fernando Brochetto

Could you please specify why it is necessary to see the information directly in the tracks? Why the current solution of table Parkings and filtering by those parkings where the necessary sensor was activated does not suit your client?

What I am pointing at is that there already exist an easy solution and we are trying now to invent something different.
---

Fernando Brochetto пишет:

b) Create a new type of trip detection by digital sensors: Option to consider a trip during the time when the sensor was activated or through the intervals between a sensor activation. You could also set a minimum distance (radius) to avoid considering more than one trip when the vehicle was unloading concrete more than one time in the same client driving a few meters.

Without going into further details, in my opinion, such implementation will contradict the whole point of tracks as they are based on the trips and the meaning of the trip is detecting unit's movement. What you suggest is recording a trip during the time a particular sensor was activated.

Maria Starikova,

Hello mars!!!
Yes, the markers are a really great tool to see instantly in the map all the locations where something was done, in this case where the concrete was unloaded. If you use a report to bring this information you'll have to read and find all the locations one by one (you can use geofences but still not as great as the markers). So it's a way of knowing faster the places and have registered directly in the map all the places.

Without going into further details, in my opinion, such implementation will contradict the whole point of tracks as they are based on the trips and the meaning of the trip is detecting unit's movement. What you suggest is recording a trip during the time a particular sensor was activated.

No problem, the client can still get by with the trips report.

Fernando Brochetto

Fernando Brochetto
Fernando, but am I right to say that just another type of markers for sensor activation/deactivation will be enough to solve this task? And your suggesting with trip detection by digital sensor value is just an alternative?

Maria Starikova,

Hello mars,
Yes, I think that just the markers will help the client to have control in this task. Despite they're similar requests with sensors, the second is more specific for the client having every service of delivery separeted by line, in the tables, but by doing this would also be difficult to control the parkings and stops.

Fernando Brochetto

Thank you for an explanation. Fernando Brochetto

Maria Starikova,