Color Scheme

Тема: Color Scheme

Hi GT

It would be great if Wialon save the color scheme which is selected by user and load it each time that user login automatically. Now we have to change it each time after login.

Color Scheme

Re: Color Scheme

Hello. Color scheme setting is stored in localStorage (per-site browser storage) and should work fine, if you are not using wialon each time from different machine or work in incognito-mode.

Theme setting cannot be stored in user settings, because before login we, obviously, cannot fetch user settings. It is possible try to apply theme right after login, but login-page and preloader will stay on default theme.

Color Scheme

(21/10/2019 14:47:15 отредактировано hhamedk)

rual wrote:

Theme setting cannot be stored in user settings, because before login we, obviously, cannot fetch user settings. It is possible try to apply theme right after login, but login-page and preloader will stay on default theme.

Regarding login page you are right but as for color scheme you can load it just after login and when you receive account/user setting and I believe it can be done technically.

Color Scheme

hhamedk, do you use an incognito tab or change browsers often?
It seems the current mechanism is good enough, and keep the same setting in two places is not an optimal and transparent solution. The theme is a single setting that cannot be divided into "login page" and "color scheme." Technically we can divide it, but I don't see sense in expending resources on it.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

Color Scheme

(21/10/2019 15:25:10 отредактировано hhamedk)

tata , first of all I only use Firefox and use other browsers only for test purposes ;-) promoting Firefox!
No, I neither use  Private mode (incognito) nor change my PC. What I 'm requesting is the correct mechanism of such function in my mind (which can be 100% wrong)

Color Scheme

tata, don't you think about a functionality that user can set default color scheme? Not to save it in cookies.

Color Scheme

Dear Hamed, hhamedk
another the situation (besides changing browsers and using incognito mode) in which you would require storing user's colour scheme in user's settings is when you enter Wialon under the same user from different PCs. But as far as I understand this is not your case:

hhamedk пишет:

No, I neither use  Private mode (incognito) nor change my PC.

If my understanding is correct, then I still struggle to figure out why you do not like the idea of storing colour scheme setting in localStorage. Could you please provide details of your case?

Maria Starikova,
Wialon Hosting Product manager, Gurtam

Color Scheme

mars wrote:

If my understanding is correct, then I still struggle to figure out why you do not like the idea of storing colour scheme setting in localStorage. Could you please provide details of your case?

I believe such cases should not be stored locally. Users may use different PCs.

Color Scheme

hhamedk
Right, hypothetically users may enter Wialon under the same account using different PCs. But grounding on your experience is this something that happens often? Why one and the same user finds themselves in the situation that they use one PC today and a different one tommorow?

Maria Starikova,
Wialon Hosting Product manager, Gurtam