Triggering new lines in reports when driver/trailer changed

Тема: Triggering new lines in reports when driver/trailer changed

Hello,

It would be a great feature in the reports if the driver/trailer change could generate new lines.

Now only the first bounded driver/trailer shown in the reports (or if Multiple drivers/trailers function is enabled then they are all available in the same cell divided with a ","). Just a list..

We would like to use this function in the following reports (units/unit groups):
~Geofences
~Engine hours
~Trips

But of course other tables could be involved, too. (According to us this would be a switchable function with a check box in the Reports settings » General section)

We hope that this feature can be important to others, too. Let's see if it is..

Regards,
Viktor

Eflotta Vehicle Tracking Ltd, Hungary
www.eflotta.com

Re: Triggering new lines in reports when driver/trailer changed

Hello Eflotta,

First of all, let me apologize for the delay in responding.
If I understood you correctly, you want to separate the intervals of trips, engine hours and being in the geofence, taking into account the time of the driver’s appointments, and then display the results in several lines.

If I'm right, I would like to clarify the following details with you:
1) Tell us more about how your drivers are assigned (do you use manual or automatic assignment)? In what situations can several drivers be assigned to an object at the same time?
If we are talking, for example, about cargo transportation during which there are 2 drivers in the car throughout the whole time and they change at short stops, then it is logical to display one common interval of the trip and two drivers (as it is now displayed).
In other situations, if drivers change each other in turn, then each driver will have their own trip / engine hours interval, etc. What settings have been set for the trip detector?
2) If you still need to separate the trips intervals according to the destination of the drivers, you can build a report “Trips” with the type “Driver”. Just in this report, at the destination intervals, we find trips and display them in a table.
For other tables of interest to you (geofences, engine hours), I can recommend you to use filtering by driver with extraction intervals. In this case, you need to create several tables, but your case will be covered.

If I am wrong about something or you have additional questions, please describe your request in detail.

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon

Re: Triggering new lines in reports when driver/trailer changed

Hello MaNa, 

By and large you got the point. We would like to separate intervalls in the existing reports (trips, engine hours, geofences and perhaps others) when the drivers and/or the trailers changed.

Actually we are focusing on construction machines, tractors and other agro machines, so transportation is not in the spot at our side.

Mainly we are using codepads (see attached picture) for driver/trailer identification (but of course there are other versions such as iButtons, RFID tags).

"cargo transportation during which there are 2 drivers in the car throughout the whole time and they change at short stops, then it is logical to display one common interval of the trip and two drivers" So even, we are not in cargo bussiness..., but I'm pretty sure that endusers would like to know not only the "common" mileages and times but the separate ones, too. (Performance monitoring)

In our focus the most important thing would be the geofences report. 
Our projects bigger picture: the units (tractors, construction machines, agro machines) are working on 50+ zones/areas (let's call them geofences). When they have to then they are working continously 7/24. The units doesn't stop (no ignition change, no other digital sign change) exept: there is a new driver or a new trailer. Some times the new driver/trailer comes inside a geofence sometimes the change is outside.

Sure there are some LEGO methods, as you wrote: "recommend you to use filtering by driver with extraction intervals. In this case, you need to create several tables, but your case will be covered"In an avarege account (20units, 50+ geofences, 50+ drivers, 50+trailers) building the reports what you have mentioned..well, it is possible, but not realistic (even we have to do it..unfortunately).

Also we are "hacking" the engine hours/trips riports this way:We are making some extra (digital) sensors:"Driver change" & "Trailer change".
With the "Expressions" function we are checking if there is a change in the driver(trailer) parameters.

For example:
driver_param - #driver_param     //if it is zero then it was no change, if it is not zero, the there was a change. 
It is calibrated the following way: if there was no change then the sensor's value will be "1" and "0" if there was a change. (so it is invers)

And there is only one step forward: we have to validate the igniton sensor with multiplying this "Driver change sensor". (If there was a change then it is multiplyed with "0") Voilá there are new lines in engine hours and trips reports when the driver(trailer) changed...

Unfortunately this doesn't work for the geofences reports. It's so sad.

I write this down to show that we are quite creative to solve the situations...but WHY on earth is this hacking needed..

In a global view adding two checkbox to the reports' "Intervals Filtration" section could solve all our needs:

☑Generate new line when driver change
☑Generate new line when trailer change

And making these codes for each reports won't be a too big project. Due the checkbox the users could use the reports both the old and the new way.

But the "new" would be better wink

Let me know if you have any questions! And thank you for your interest in our needs!!!

Regards, 
Viktor

• Triggering new lines in reports when driver/trailer changed
Eflotta Vehicle Tracking Ltd, Hungary
www.eflotta.com