Drivers assignation in by tacho card

Тема: Drivers assignation in by tacho card

Hello,

As you will know tacho drivers card number have 16 digits

14 digits always same digits + 2 last ones that change

1 - Lost card
2.- Renovation of the card

Right now we have automatic assignation based on the number (16 digits) of the card.

If the number of the card changes. we must manually update that number.

What we are proposing is to have just the 14 (always fix) digits that represents the driver card number and leave the last 2 that changes.

At the end we have same functionality as we have now.

What is this for;

1. clients normally do not inform to update that drivers card number so times regarding tacho do not work.
2. With vertical solutions offering tacho service (which we work now with some distributors) this is not useful as the final clients never acces to wialon, they do not "touch" anything in wialon and just get data via API. with 300 drivers...and fake data, their solution will not work out.

Competitors work this feature I request for and works perfectly.

thanks

Locating things

Re: Drivers assignation in by tacho card

Dear Pablo, locationGPS

thanks for the request.

First of all, I would like to sum the information provided by you in the post above and while communicating with my colleagues from technical support: 

there is a client of yours whose drivers utilize tacho driver cards. Each tacho driver card has a code that consists of 16 digits. First 14 digits are unique to each driver. So basically a client has a pile of cards for each driver and each card in this pile has the same first 14 digits in its code. In the same time, the last 2 digits change from card to a card and turn to be indexes of renewal and replacements of a card.

The problem lies in the following: drivers often lose their cards or they have to replace them due to their expiry (which I believe do not happen often as I  these cards are issued for at least a year or two depending on the region). As they are given new cards, the client needs to enter Wialon and enter the new code. As a result, it turns out to be burdensome as there is a lot of manual work that needs to be done very often. Whereas generally not the whole code needs to be updated, but only the last two digits.

You are asking to automate this process and allow entering * before the code so that when the system receives a 16 digits code that is different from the code entered in the system (the last two digits are different, but first 14, in theory, should stay the same), the system recognizes the driver and makes automatic assignment.

---

As long as such a request is the first of a kind, I would like to ask the following questions to make the picture a bit more transparent:

1) how many drivers does a client employ at the moment? does this number grow?

2) how often do drivers lose their cards? (I still struggle to believe that it is an often case as to me such a card is something that drivers should treat very carefully and if they often lose it, then feasibly the problem is in the business processes that the company has)

3) can we be sure that when the driver is given a new card the first 14 digits of this new card will be the same as in the previous card? Otherwise, with an enhancement, there may appear cases when two drivers will have cards the same codes.

4) who does issue the new card to a driver?

5) who currently informs the person that is in charge of changing the driver code in Wialon that the driver was provided with a new card?

---

As a solution, I can suggest you storing these codes grouped by a driver on your side and creating a script which, when receiving code with different 2 last digits than the previous code of the driver, will recognize this and automatically change it in Wialon.

---

Anyway, I am noting your request down. Let's see maybe there will be partners that have also experienced such a problem and would be interesting to solve it.

Maria Starikova,
Wialon Hosting Product manager, Gurtam

Hi Masha,
thanks for taking in consideration my request:

1) how many drivers does a client employ at the moment? does this number grow?

Actually it is not just a client. it is a distributor with a vertical solution focused in tacho service. Their numbers will grow constantly so drivers will also grow. clients will not inform about card changes so they will have no correct data when showing to their clients.

To give you an idea, their service is to prevent the fines they can have by the law when not making correct times (driving, bed, disponibility...) so it is completly useful as everything is based on the driver bindins by tacho info.

2) how often do drivers lose their cards? (I still struggle to believe that it is an often case as to me such a card is something that drivers should treat very carefully and if they often lose it, then feasibly the problem is in the business processes that the company has)

imagine 500 drivers and increasing...you can lose the card, the chip can brake they can have theft or updates..and yes, that can happen constantly.
Transport companies do not inform..."Why do I pay you then????" understand?

3) can we be sure that when the driver is given a new card the first 14 digits of this new card will be the same as in the previous card? Otherwise, with an enhancement, there may appear cases when two drivers will have cards the same codes.

100 % sure, they are actually working with our competitors like this and they asked "why you do not have this like this"?

4) who does issue the new card to a driver?   not understand sorry.

5) who currently informs the person that is in charge of changing the driver code in Wialon that the driver was provided with a new card?

that s the funy thing.... we also discover this but normally I understand our clients do. In this case, the final client would never access to wialon as they will use the distrib. fronte end.

Thanks

regards

Locating things

ah, yes the script is on back up already thinking how to make it....

Locating things

(31/01/2020 13:44:53 отредактировано locationGPS)

Hello,

And I have a question regarding that card number.

if this driver 1 had card number "xxx1"

and now the changed to "xxx2"

Would I lose all the data recorded to xxx1???? as that number does not exist anymore?

Thanks

Locating things

hola

Locating things

it s very important to have a level of answer about this issue please to proceed...

Locating things

locationGPS пишет:

Hello,

And I have a question regarding that card number.

if this driver 1 had card number "xxx1"

and now the changed to "xxx2"

Would I lose all the data recorded to xxx1???? as that number does not exist anymore?

Thanks

No, you won't lose the data recorded to code xxx1 as the data are linked to the driver, not the code.

Maria Starikova,

good. what about the 14 instead 16 digits change?
thansk

Locating things

Please...

Locating things

Hi Pablo, locationGPS

we have not made any decision yet and I cannot give you any guidance as to when we will decide.

At the moment there is only one request of this kind and as I have already said it seems that the problem lies not in the product, but in the business processes of the client. For the cases when driver loses the card/the card expires (however expiration in my opinion does not happen that often) we suggested you creating a script:

mars пишет:

As a solution, I can suggest you storing these codes grouped by a driver on your side and creating a script which, when receiving code with different 2 last digits than the previous code of the driver, will recognize this and automatically change it in Wialon.

This said the request has a low priority at the moment.

Maria Starikova,

http://prntscr.com/qxvzcc

Locating things