False theft alerts

Тема: False theft alerts

Hello everyone.

I would like to ask everyone who has shared with me their experiences using wialon fuel control to reduce false fuel theft alerts. I am receiving the information via canbus and apparently I am not configuring correctly because I am having several fuel theft alerts. I will attach as this the configuration. Thank you and let's discuss

Truck Scania R Series with  tanks:

1º tank of 440 L
2º tank of 330 L

The only configuration I made was in the fuel tab of the unit, if you have any configuration to suggest please do not be shy.

• False theft alerts

False theft alerts

Re: False theft alerts

Hello.

thiago пишет:

I would like to ask everyone who has shared with me their experiences using wialon fuel control to reduce false fuel theft alerts. I am receiving the information via canbus and apparently I am not configuring correctly because I am having several fuel theft alerts.

Unit "QIO7251" is set to time-based fuel algorithm. In such a case system compare real values from FLS with expected values from math model. Explanation in details can be found in previous year training record.

Your issue is connected with a fact, that unit "QIO7251" has no math model, that's why expected consumption is 0, as a result you see false fuel thefts. To create a math model you should fill fields in "Math consumption wizard".

Also I recommend to add a lower bound into the calculation table of fuel level sensor "Volume de combustível". Sometimes it sends value "0" affecting report output. Just enter value "0.1" as a lower bound to filter zero values.

К сожалению, у вас не достаточно прав для просмотра данного текста

@ Oleg Zharkovsky
Customer Service / Quality Control and Training
"Timely is the best. But still better late than never."

False theft alerts

thank you zark for your explanation.

Could you tell me more about the behavior of fuel control in cases where the vehicle has 2 separate tanks and via CAN data is extracted? It can sometimes take time for the liquid to pass from one tank to another as the system can help us understand this in practice. Suppose we fill a tank with only 200 liters until the liquid divides in both tanks, have you had this experience?

and of course they are linked together.

False theft alerts

It is possible to work with 2 linked tanks in Wialon. The result depends on the number of fuel level sensors in this case.

If there is only one FLS in one of the tanks, then the settings are the same as for 1 tank, but the accuracy possibly won't satisfy you.

If there are FLS in each of the tanks, then the accuracy will be better, but the settings will differ:
1) Create custom sensor with name "Fuel level 1" based on the parameter from the first FLS parameter. Add a calibration table.
2) Create custom sensor with name "Fuel level 2" based on the parameter from the second FLS parameter. Add a calibration table.
3) Create fuel level sensor "Fuel 1+2" with no calibration table and based on the following expression: [Fuel level 1]+[Fuel level 2]

@ Oleg Zharkovsky

False theft alerts

(11/12/2019 05:31:45 отредактировано thiago)

I watched the video that indicated me, thank you very much for the indication but I still couldn't finish some fuel theft events where I'm sure there was no theft, what happened was that the driver had the vehicle on, as in Brazil is very hot and surely he is using the air conditioner. I would like you to help me on the basis of the QJA6892 unit if I can improve something in the configuration and also ask about the relationship of vehicle consumption with the "can fuel rate" parameter that I have available to use, it replaces the value generated by the consumption wizard?

Another parameters that I have available is CAN high resolution engine total fuel used and CAN engine total fuel used

Another question is: do I need to wait a while for wialon to recalculate any value that was generated before or these values are calculated at the moment I generate the report or the path ??

False theft alerts

thiago пишет:

I still couldn't finish some fuel theft events where I'm sure there was no theft, what happened was that the driver had the vehicle on, as in Brazil is very hot and surely he is using the air conditioner. I would like you to help me on the basis of the QJA6892 unit

Let's say idle consumption is 2 liters per hour. But when air conditioner is on consumption becomes 2.5 liters per hour.
In such a case you should create an "Engine efficiency sensor" based on parameter, that show air conditioner status (on/off), and add the following calculation table:
X = 0; a = 0; b = 1
X = 1; a = 0; b = 1.25

if I can improve something in the configuration and also ask about the relationship of vehicle consumption with the "can fuel rate" parameter that I have available to use, it replaces the value generated by the consumption wizard?

Values of "Engine efficiency sensor" are coefficients, that means "how many times idle consumption should be increased".
If you can transform parameter "can_fuel_rate" into such a coefficient, then it can be used in "Engine efficiency sensor".

Another parameters that I have available is CAN high resolution engine total fuel used and CAN engine total fuel used

These values looks more like the parameters for consumption sensors. They can't help you with fillings/theft analyze, but they can show consumption with higher accuracy.

Another question is: do I need to wait a while for wialon to recalculate any value that was generated before or these values are calculated at the moment I generate the report or the path ??

You don't need to wait. Sensors calculations are done automatically when you generate a report.

@ Oleg Zharkovsky