Monitoring panel UI changes

Тема: Monitoring panel UI changes

Dear partners,

Our designer prepared the clickable prototype of the Monitoring tab. We want to share it with you and identify what of these changes you like most or vise versa. Any other ideas that concern the monitoring tab UI are welcome.
Please, follow the link (sorry for the long download, the tool is rather heavy).

Lower I will mark all the changes that are presented in the prototype. I want to ask you to choose what you like most.  Any explanations will be a great plus. Voting will help us to see the most valuable changes and take to develop them first. If you find some changes useless, we will skip them.

Here is the list of changes:

• Top panel. New color and height.
  • Top panel. We removed tabs that do not fit on the line to the "hamburger" button and added more space between tabs.
  • Top panel. We moved the top panel settings to the very end and replaced checkboxes with switches.
  • Monitoring tab. We added icons to the List / Dashboard buttons. Only icons remain on mobile phones and a narrow panel.
  • Monitoring tab. Increased field height.
  • Monitoring tab. We added an icon that shows the possibility to open additional information. It appears by mouse hover on the row.
  • Monitoring tab. Icons are inscribed in a circle.
  • Monitoring tab. Tabs in a tooltip & additional information.
  • Monitoring tab.More space for the unit's data in a tooltip & additional information. There is two variants for displaying data (sensor values are shown as an example).
  • Map. "Tools" button moved to the map.
  • Map. "+", "-" and the scale are combined in the one element.
  • Map. The headings with a cross appeared at the "Tools" / "Map Selection" dialogs. You can close it by a cross or a click outside the dialog.
  • Monitoring tab settings. Checkboxes moved to the left.
  • Online notifications. "Register event" button moved near the "Command" button.

Thanks in advance for all who will take part in our discussion.

• Monitoring panel UI changes
Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

Re: Monitoring panel UI changes

Hello tata,
I think that this new design is more beautiful and practical, but I'm afraid that some clients will complain about the need of open/close the additional information tables in each unit. Will the platform have an option for them to be open when you click in the icon of a unit?

Fernando Brochetto
Technical Support, Rastreasul

fernando@rastreasul.com.br

Fernando Brochetto пишет:

I'm afraid that some clients will complain about the need of open/close the additional information tables in each unit. Will the platform have an option for them to be open when you click in the icon of a unit?

We can, for example, remember last open/close status for each table and use it when you open new additional information.

So, if you will expand all of the tables, then every next opened additional information will show all tables expanded.

(16/11/2019 12:13:28 отредактировано hhamedk)

tata, that's great. Thank GT!
I have an idea about unit tool-tip. As we have all needed information we want (based on user settings) in monitoring tab in work area, can you make a change the UI in a way that tool-tip appear only when user hover on units in map and not in work area?

(17/11/2019 21:10:28 отредактировано Ryan.Gerber)

I like the new suggestion.

You have my thumbs up.

I have a suggestion for adding an item to the new UI if this is to be approved.

To include an extra table into the profile for the vehicle fleet number if the vehicle has one.

Aswell has to make the search function be able to search a vehicle based on the reg number or fleet number from the profile even if the unit has been been removed from the list.

My suggestion would improve my stolen vehicle and recovery service to find vehicles quicker when a client calls in for an emergency then they don't have to sift through hundreds of vehicles, just search it and the profile data can also contribute to the search, not just the unit name.

Hello rual,

rual пишет:
Fernando Brochetto пишет:

I'm afraid that some clients will complain about the need of open/close the additional information tables in each unit. Will the platform have an option for them to be open when you click in the icon of a unit?

We can, for example, remember last open/close status for each table and use it when you open new additional information.

So, if you will expand all of the tables, then every next opened additional information will show all tables expanded.

Yes, this would solve the problem, could this status be saved for switching between Now/Profile too?

Fernando Brochetto

1. Tooltips for every icon. Don't make users guess or try to find info in the help manual.

2. Save as much UI configuration as possible as a template so new accounts are more easily created exactly the same way each time. Reports, options, tabs, etc. All User Settings, map, tab names, etc should be included.

3. Enable the user to rename the tabs. In the US a Job is a Rule, Messages are only for troubleshooting and refers to Dispatching in the US, This would be saved as part of an account template.

4. Combine the Tracks and Monitoring tabs. Offer a map option to toggle between the last location only (aka monitoring) or show routes.

5. On monitoring, don't auto display the device details on rollover. The window is in the way often when accidentally mousing over it.

6. Provide an icon to clear the map of everything at once in one click.

7. Remove the users ability to show and hide tabs. Dealers should enable tabs that the account has access to, the account admin would then enable the tabs the user can show/hide.

8. Under User Settings - review what an average user really needs to see.

9. Enable Show/Hide parameters by user or user role. It is to much information for 99.9% of the users.

10. Don't display the device manufacturer name

-Eron
Fleetistics.com

Put map labels on a white rectagle so they are easy to read.

Do not stack map labels, spiral or list them. You cannot see anything when 10 vehicles are parked at the same area.

-Eron
Fleetistics.com

Set as many default views, rules, settings and reports as you can so a new user can get started immediately with tracking and reports without training. This is improved initial customer satisfaction.

On the track tab default to the options that will give the user the best results without knowing anything.

In the US a stop is what gurtam calls a parking. The US uses Stop and Idle Stop. I know you have a global audience to consider.

Populate sensors without having to manually input info. If you have the data, why make a user add it to use it?

Hide the complex stuff by default so users aren’t overwhelmed. Many will never need the robust formulas and features but they have to see them and figure out which to ignore. The platform is so robust the challenge is to make it appeal to the 90% average user, not the 10% that are engineers  and developers.

Build in tutorials or link directly to the help documentarian.

Only use emails to login to the app and this forum. Everyone uses email for the user name and no one forgets their email.

Assign user a role such as supervisor, dispatcher, default, etc. Set what areas of the app the role can access so indiviuals do not have to be edited to make one small change. This is important for large fleets.

Assign users to groups and assign groups permissions.

Assign devices to device groups and assign device groups to users or user groups. The structure today is super flexible but it also is admin intensive with bigger fleets. It is also confusing when a user cannot see something because a user specific assignment needs to be made. If a user is added to a user group on creation they see what they should on login. Devices can be assigned to a user group and everyone in the group is updated at once instead of having to edit every user.

Right click on any map and add a zone.

Show and hide zone, expire zone and edit zone color

Default trip on map to one color. With each trip being a different color it looks bad. Allow the user to change a trip segment color if needed or just display trip segments the user wants to see.

Unit Properties Section

More tool tips to explain feature
Hide this section from users who are not admins or assigned to see this area. It creates questions and training calls for features we may not have sold or be available based on the device type.

Select defaults for the user such as speed detection, set trip color to single, etc

User dont need to see server and manufacturer.

Centrally create and manage service intervals. Assign service to device groups for mass edits. A group may only have one vehicle but this logic allows for easy mass updates.

-Eron
Fleetistics.com

Dear Team,

It will be great if WIALON icons look something kind of that... where all the info received from device is very nicely presented, thanks.

koch пишет:

Dear Team,

It will be great if WIALON icons look something kind of that... where all the info received from device is very nicely presented, thanks.

It looks like unit additional information and Sensolator.

@ Oleg Zharkovsky
Customer Service / Quality Control and Training
"Timely is the best. But still better late than never."

Me gustaría poder añadir fotografía de los camiones, así como se hace con motoristas.

Hi Oleg,

These are small screenshots of the icons from the monitoring tab of other platform...

zark пишет:
koch пишет:

Dear Team,

It looks like unit additional information and Sensolator.

habilitar/deshabilitar sonidos/notificaciones de "comunicación con conductores o respuestas a comandos desde plataforma"

habilitar o deshabilitar todas las notificaciones de las sub cuentas con un solo click

tener un template o plantilla de las configuraciones de un usuario nuevo, se pierden entre 5 y 20 minutos poniendo a punto un nuevo cliente

que la primera vez que ingrese aparezcan todas las unidades a las que este usuario tiene acceso

en notificaciones una función que permita ejecutar una acción externa "simple" en otro servidor o sitio web

que el escritorio se mantenga con los ajustes y características que tenía al momento de cerrar la sesión

Saludos

Lps Trackers

e insisto nuevamente en que la APP Wialon debería tener en cuenta el último mensaje de la unidad como hora de conexión (con o sin información) y no el último mensaje con coordenadas como lo hace actualmente.

lo que genera confusión en los clientes al ver horas diferentes

Lps Trackers

Hi Team / Tata

koch пишет:

Dear Team,

I'm agree with Koch, we need those icons to make the operation more efficient.

Also add a the option to upload an image,this its an example Monitoring panel UI changes

Also as lpscolombia wrote: Wialon APP must have the last message form the unit as the conection time (with or without information) not the last message with coordinates cause this confuses customers when they check their units on the APP.

hello GT,
Could maybe be added the possibility to drag and drop units/group of units in the monitoring list?
This could be usefull to organize better the order of the units/groups.

Fernando Brochetto

Dear Fernando Brochetto,

until we have the ability to drag and drop units and groups of units within the work list on the Monitoring Panel. You can now configure the sequence in the list only by sorting by name or other parameters.

Fernando, have you received such requests from your clients? In your opinion, is there any real practical value for users? Can you give some examples where drag and drop ranking would be useful?

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon

(19/06/2020 15:15:45 отредактировано Fernando Brochetto)

Hello mana,
Actually I don't, is more for organization, maybe could be used for changing units for one group to another faster. It's just a suggestion because we had this feature in the other monitoring platform.

Fernando Brochetto

Fernando Brochetto,

I understand you. Can you tell me the name of another platform that provides the ability to drag and drop items in the list?

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon

mana yes, Omnicomm platform had this feature to drag and drop units to groups, but I think they've disabled this functionality

Fernando Brochetto

Hello, is there any update on this? Unit tooltip still the same.

Fernando Brochetto

Hi Fernando Brochetto,

no news on this matter yet.
We are gradually working on redesigning the system, but the changes will not be implemented soon.

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon