Arrival issues of drivers at the destination point

(31/12/2020 09:42:18 отредактировано Awais Amjad)

Тема: Arrival issues of drivers at the destination point

Hello,

I want to do a counter verification of deliveries. We are facing an issue in deliveries that the drivers confirm the order through app but don't arrive at the real location of the order. They call to the client and make an excuse that they couldn't find the address you mentioned.

Driver hasn't arrived to the actual location in the above case.
But, logistics active routes and reports consider it arrived on time when the driver confirm the order without arriving at the destination point.

I want to know about the procedure of counter verification of deliveries made through logistics module.

1 ) There must be a feature in logistics app that a driver mustn't change the delivery status until he arrive to the destination place of that order.

2 )  If a driver confirmed through logistics app that he has delivered the parcel to the client, but actually he wasn't there at the time of confirmation.
How can we verify about this kind of deliveries to make this process more reliable?

3 ) A report which can give us a clear understanding that which delivery address was actually visited and skipped along with the status updated by the driver through app. (for example: Not visited (1st column) - Confirmed by driver (2nd column)

If I compare the feature of routes module with logistics app, the routes module gives the status of the check point that it was visited in the given point of time or not but the logistics app took the time of confirmation as actual arrival time in reports. This must not be happened in real time locations when you are receiving the driver's location through tracking device.

Arrival time must be taken when the driver actually arrive to that destination. (same as routes module)

This is the feature which can feel proud to the Gurtam Partners and the Gurtam Team when they'll be able to provide the best insights of the deliveries fulfilled.

Waiting for you kind replies.

Re: Arrival issues of drivers at the destination point

Dear ifleet.pk,

Let me please comment on each of your request:

1) There must be a feature in logistics app that a driver mustn't change the delivery status until he arrive to the destination place of that order.

On one hand it is a reasonable workaround the current situation and the first one that comes to mind. On the other hand if we do this we limit the drivers to find themselves in a position when they physically cannot confirm the order. There can be cases when in the exact place of delivery there may not appear the connection to be able confirm the order and as per your request in other places we simply will not allow this.

What are your expectations from the system behaviour in this case?

2)   If a driver confirmed through logistics app that he has delivered the parcel to the client, but actually he wasn't there at the time of confirmation.
How can we verify about this kind of deliveries to make this process more reliable?

3 ) A report which can give us a clear understanding that which delivery address was actually visited and skipped along with the status updated by the driver through app. (for example: Not visited (1st column) - Confirmed by driver (2nd column)

Did you have thoughts about looking at changes in the business processes? E.g. if you require drivers to take a signature of the client and in case they confirm the order without a signature, this will attest to the fact that in reality the order was not visited. Or another solution: taking a picture of the place where the client lives that will correspond to the client's address.

What do you think about this?

My point is that we cannot also rely only on the system and its capabilities, sometimes it is easier and more flexible to organize the business processes the way that fits your company that making changes to the system.

Maria Starikova,
Wialon Hosting Product manager, Gurtam

Dear ifleet.pk,

have you looked at using API for getting the files that are attached to orders?

Maria Starikova,

mars пишет:

Dear ifleet.pk,

have you looked at using API for getting the files that are attached to orders?

Hi Mars, will the feature of downloading signature and attached file be available in the near future? Because to use API to get only the files/signature is really  a bit too much work especially we are using other features in Logistics.

Dear lawrance, do you mean mass downloading of files and signatures?

Could you please describe the case where you need to download attachments to all orders at once?

Maria Starikova,

Hi mars, I don't mean mass download. What I meant was it will be extra effort to develop using API just for downloading the attachment in the report. As we do not have in house programmers.

What I'm looking for is the downloaded report to have the signature/attachment in it. The report is to be sent to the management of the store/shop that goods has been received and there's signature of the storekeeper on it.

Hi lawrance,

I agree with you. This kind of feature must be programmed by the house programmers. A report must contain the signature and other attachment's link in the last column of the said report.

The other issue is that Uber doesn't seem to do much about drivers who pull off these scams your texas benefits.