Route Exporting Link

Тема: Route Exporting Link

Hello,
The possibility of exporting routes and send to drivers in Wialon without the need of using logistics would solve some cases easily.
I'm sending screenshots of how it could be added, it would work similar to Locator links, but without the need of configurating anything.

Routes: When finishing a route, there would have a button to export/send the link.

Nearest Units: This tool is very great for clients who needs to send a quick route: Would have the possibility to use a geofence as address, show the route of the nearest vehicle (optimized by the traffic) and a button to export/send the link.

The route would be exported similar to this: https://goo.gl/maps/Zafc8tvpD3ZAktCr8

• Route Exporting Link
  • Route Exporting Link
  • Route Exporting Link
  • Route Exporting Link
  • Route Exporting Link
Fernando Brochetto
Technical Support, Rastreasul

fernando@rastreasul.com.br

Route Exporting Link

Re: Route Exporting Link

Hello Fernando

You mentioned the google route link. I found that this feature is possible for google map mainly. Such routes may use google routing and be opened with google app only. Gurtam maps do not work outside Wialon. Other map providers do not support a feature to have a link of route or mobile map application.

Some devices support the "Send route" command. So the user may send on such a device from already existed routes or create new.
If you need to send coordinates, you may use Chatterbox. With the "Nearest unit" tool, you also may send coordinates if the device supports such command type.

Navigation should be set in an external program. As usual, navigators support routing function.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

Route Exporting Link

(01/10/2019 15:35:05 отредактировано Fernando Brochetto)

Hello tata,
The option to send coordinates isn't a fast way to send a location for ambulances, firemen, police, that needs in the fastest way possible.
Most companies are using whatsapp here, so if you could just copy the link and send to the driver, he could open the location inside the GPS in seconds, like there is inside the app Wialon.

You could just work with this model of link (One location = place. More than one = dir):
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/ COORDINATES 01 / COORDINATES 02 / COORDINATES 03 ...

https://www.google.com/maps/place/ COORDINATE

For example:
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/-29.166 … -51.158285

https://www.google.com/maps/place/-29.1 … 51.1758466

• Route Exporting Link
  • Route Exporting Link
Fernando Brochetto

Route Exporting Link

All the things you describe are good for mobile. Send smth to What's app, use Google map app with routes and so on. And you may use these functions on mobile right now.
But it is not common for web applications.

Also, I should notice that there is a lack of your own cases and examples from your practice where such functions may help.  We cannot implement smth if we don't know what task this feature helps to solve and how it may help all our partners.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

Route Exporting Link

(03/10/2019 22:13:16 отредактировано Fernando Brochetto)

Hello tata,
Yes, the idea is to use the links to send to drivers' cell phones and use in google maps, the person who is monitoring the vehicles would create the route into Desktop and the drivers would use into his devices.

Route:
When a client needs to do a lot of trips, he need to organize the best route to avoid unnecessary distances. He could register all the clients as geofences, create a route, optimize it, export it and then send to the driver. Sending the whole route optimized would help the drivers to visit all the clients with the shortests/fastests trips, saving fuel, time...

Nearest Units:
A client who needs to send a unit into some place in the fastest way possible, for example gas distributors, police: you could discover which unit have the fastest way to the location and send immediatly the route to the driver by SMS or copy the link and send by whatsapp.

Fernando Brochetto

Route Exporting Link

(31/12/2020 11:38:03 отредактировано Awais Amjad)

Hello Fernando Brochetto

I have thoroughly studied your idea. I appreciate your idea that will assist all the Gurtam Partners in the future. Routes module must have this kind of feature through which a driven can be directed to the route points by sending a google maps link in a text message. I also recommend this feature to be in the routes module. It will make the process more easy and convenient for the driver. Drivers can take the best suitable route for the destinations by using google maps link.

Route Exporting Link

I vote requested feature...

Route Exporting Link

I've added the idea to the backlog.
Also, I want to bring to notice that such a feature may be available for those who have a commercial Google key. So, this is not a universal tool as most map APIs don't have such functionality and don't have a mobile navigator at the same time.

But most cases you may solve right now when sending coordinates to your driver. If you should solve some tricky case with distributing 20 places for the driver, then the ready route may have sense. But the is no sense in sending route for just one point (like the case with the nearest unit) as you may send coordinates to your driver, he will build a route in Google Maps app the same way as dispatcher do it on this workspace. A driver may manage this task even better than a dispatcher.

I will appreciate for sharing your cases when it would be useful to send routes and when sending coordinates cannot solve the issue.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

Route Exporting Link

Hello GT,
I've been researching how other platforms works sharing routes to drivers/clients, so here you can see the images attached.

Problem:
The platform doesn't have a great tool to share the routes or locations: when a driver must know the place he must go or a client wants to know how long does the vehicle will take to reach the destination, you don't have a fast way to send them a way of knowing quickly where is the destiny, how long it will take, and how much km it will have to ride.

Solution:
Implement a new function intagrated with locator: sharing routes. Sharing routes directly through Whatsapp or having the link of the location makes possible to have all this information together:
1) Mark the place;
2) Select the near unit;
3) The unit is now selected to do this ride;
4) Locator link will show the unit going to the place marked with all this information;
5) New button in monitoring panel would show the route state;
6) You can send it to whoever you need smile

Users:
With this function implemented, clients can send to their clients the progress of the demands, enabling a better service, more organizing and loyalty, with vehicles traveling shorter and faster routes.

• Route Exporting Link
  • Route Exporting Link
  • Route Exporting Link
  • Route Exporting Link
  • Route Exporting Link
Fernando Brochetto

Route Exporting Link

Hello All,

I totally support the idea of updating the implementation for Routing tool and Nearest units. What it can do now is just some basic thing. We have client that pay for google but cannot really user routing for several reasons:
  - after route is generated they cannot send it to driver ( they would like to send it on Whatsapp or similar application)
  - routing let you chose between pedestrian and vehicle, but you cannot chose vehicle type. As you know for trucks routing is not the same as for light vehicles.
  - It would be very important that when we calculate a route to also estimate the costs( like Road Toll + driving costs). Clients explained that this would help them greatly to fast deciding if they want to send 1 vehicle or another to pick up an order.
  - clients would like to have the freedom to edit the route like on google maps, where you cam make very small adjustments just by adding new points, dragging the route up and down, everything being very easy and dynamic.
  - last step is integration of routing with Driver time. You can be with 1 truck 100Km away from order pickup but if driver don't have driving time, then maybe is better to dispatch the vehicle that is 150 Km away.

Yes, some might say that some features exists in Logistics, but Logistics is good for delivery, for tasks that happened in the same day. You cannot use them for big trucks carrying goods across Europe, where 1 delivery can take up to few days.

Maybe we should arrange for a meeting and discuss about this, now that we all work from home smile.

Route Exporting Link

Hello

I also Support development on these application. In the last year I where asking Gurtam developers when can we expect that kind app. And they said that it is needed support for development. So If there is some interest pleas support our idea and all of us will benefit from it.

There is APP "Gurtam maps" that provide some option on these matter but it needs some additional futures. There is not possible to send planned route to driver. Searching address is quite difficult because it gives mostly USA address.

As it was mentioned before (I agree with prewious posts), here are few important parts of these application:
1. Selecting a unit from which calculation will be made
2. Planing a route with several stops. Flexible search of addresses with postal code or. street name.
3. Choosing the region where you want to search address (Europe)
4. Optimising the route
5. Sending the route trough WiaChat to driver
6. Controlling how the plane route is executed

Route Exporting Link

Pleas vote for these task, by clicking on Task raiting +

Route Exporting Link

Did any body at Wialon checked these topic?

Route Exporting Link

Hello matjaz.freser, thank you for supporting the idea!! smile

Fernando Brochetto

Route Exporting Link

Dear Fernando Brochetto, tonym, matjaz.freser thank you for all your requests and feedback!
I deeply apologize for the delayed reply, but there were so many requests in the past regarding the Routing that it was quite complicated to sum them up and define what was requested, what has already been implemented, what has been not, and provide you with a valuable answer.

Fernando Brochetto, thank you for all your proposals: sharing the link of the route is one of the most frequently requested feature smile
Actually, it seems like your request affects several tools. Let me sum your request up by affected tools:
1. In the Routing tool the Locator link should be created
2. In the Locator the route "to do" and the vehicle's progress should be visible
3. To merge the Routing tool and Nearest Units tool?
4. In the Monitoring - to add a new icon showing the progress of the route + quick share by link
I have added all your requests to the task.

tonym, thank you for providing the details to the request!
How does your client solve the problem of choosing the route for trucks nowadays? Even google does not provide you with choosing the type of the vehicle.
About driver time. Do you mean the time when his shift starts\ends? Or some new criteria of the driver?

I have added your details to the task as well.

matjaz.freser

Searching address is quite difficult because it gives mostly USA address.

could you please give me an example of the address which are not searched?

2. Planing a route with several stops. Flexible search of addresses with postal code or. street name.

Do you mean that you need to choose the street as a point? Why don't you need a building?

I have added all your points to the task too.

К сожалению, у вас не достаточно прав для просмотра данного текста

Maryia Paklonskaya
Wialon Business Analyst

"The important thing is not to stop questioning" (c)

Route Exporting Link

Hello mapa,

Fernando Brochetto, thank you for all your proposals: sharing the link of the route is one of the most frequently requested feature smile
Actually, it seems like your request affects several tools. Let me sum your request up by affected tools:
2. In the Locator the route "to do" and the vehicle's progress should be visible
4. In the Monitoring - to add a new icon showing the progress of the route + quick share by link
I have added all your requests to the task.

Thank you for taking a look again into this topic.

Fernando Brochetto

Route Exporting Link

Hello mapa, how are you?
Do we have any news on this? Today I've had a request of unit's remaining time to a location, one of the proposals on this topic.

Solution:
Implement a new function intagrated with locator: sharing routes. Sharing routes directly through Whatsapp or having the link of the location makes possible to have all this information together:
1) Mark the place;
2) Select the near unit;
3) The unit is now selected to do this ride;
4) Locator link will show the unit going to the place marked with all this information;
5) New button in monitoring panel would show the route state;
6) You can send it to whoever you need smile

Fernando Brochetto

Route Exporting Link

Hi Fernando Brochetto!

I do not think it will be possible to provide you with optimistic reply on this smile
The ticket was not prioritized to be included to the Q4'2020.

Previously we had plans to fully re-write the functionality, which is not that simple and definitely not fast. We will keep you updated on this and will notify you once there are any changes.

Thank you!

Maryia Paklonskaya
Wialon Business Analyst

Route Exporting Link

Hello mapa, how are you?
We are still having requests for exporting link, many times it isn't actually for routes, just for coping the location link (google maps) and then sharing it with someone. This is also related to this topic: https://forum.gurtam.com/viewtopic.php?id=16502
Do we have any news?

Fernando Brochetto

Route Exporting Link

Hello.
I totally support Fernando's request. I also have lots of questions form clients regarding routing. We discuss about this subject from 2019 and I see no progress at all.

As a plus, Last week we also discovered  that using Google maps engine you will NOT have same routing results in Wialon compared to Google Maps itself. Meaning that even if there is the same route, the distance is different between the 2 tools. For a long route difference can be around 100-200KMs

So please give this topic a little priority and let's start moving things.

Tony

Route Exporting Link

Dear Fernando Brochetto, tonym

Thank you for your messages. At the moment I have no updates for you on this feature.
It does not mean that it was deleted from the list of possible improvements but you should not expect its soon implementation.

Once there are any changes - I will let you know.

Let me know if there are any concerns, suggestions or questions.

Maryia Paklonskaya
Wialon Business Analyst

Route Exporting Link

I support below ideas -

Route Exporting Link

vkjain, thank you for your improvement suggestions! Your post will help us to prioritize the improvements and make sure that we implement the most needed features.

Please let me know if there are any other questions or improvement ideas.

Maryia Paklonskaya
Wialon Business Analyst

Route Exporting Link

Hi Mapa,
For Locator, I had a requirement from my customer as below.  After reading this post, I realize that the requirement can be achieved if the ideas discussed in this post are implemented.

My customer's vehicle is supposed to start from Point A and then go to his customer's location at Point B. My customer doesn't know exactly when his vehicle would reach point B, it could take 2 days or 3 days or whatever. So he wants the locator link to expire automatically whenever the vehicle reaches point B (not before or after due to hard fixed date and time).

So here the expiration date and time for the generated link should not be based on hard fixed date and time but it should be based on the completion of route.

Probably we can also make the link to expire through Jobs. Once the route is complete or destination is reached, execute a Job to expire the link.

Route Exporting Link

Hello vkjain,
This idea is great, I was thinking about it to be implemented in Logistics too.

Fernando Brochetto