Color Scheme

Topic: Color Scheme

Hi GT

It would be great if Wialon save the color scheme which is selected by user and load it each time that user login automatically. Now we have to change it each time after login.

Color Scheme

Re: Color Scheme

Hello. Color scheme setting is stored in localStorage (per-site browser storage) and should work fine, if you are not using wialon each time from different machine or work in incognito-mode.

Theme setting cannot be stored in user settings, because before login we, obviously, cannot fetch user settings. It is possible try to apply theme right after login, but login-page and preloader will stay on default theme.

Wialon Hosting Frontend

Color Scheme

(edited by hhamedk 21/10/2019 14:47:15)

rual wrote:

Theme setting cannot be stored in user settings, because before login we, obviously, cannot fetch user settings. It is possible try to apply theme right after login, but login-page and preloader will stay on default theme.

Regarding login page you are right but as for color scheme you can load it just after login and when you receive account/user setting and I believe it can be done technically.

Color Scheme

hhamedk, do you use an incognito tab or change browsers often?
It seems the current mechanism is good enough, and keep the same setting in two places is not an optimal and transparent solution. The theme is a single setting that cannot be divided into "login page" and "color scheme." Technically we can divide it, but I don't see sense in expending resources on it.

Tatsiana Kots
Business Analyst, Gurtam
Join our Telegram Update Channel | Следите за обновлениями на нашем Telegram канале

Color Scheme

(edited by hhamedk 21/10/2019 15:25:10)

tata , first of all I only use Firefox and use other browsers only for test purposes ;-) promoting Firefox!
No, I neither use  Private mode (incognito) nor change my PC. What I 'm requesting is the correct mechanism of such function in my mind (which can be 100% wrong)