Request: Mute Options for Notification and Driver's message

Тема: Request: Mute Options for Notification and Driver's message

The issue:

Right now it is only possible to mute sounds as a whole, this can be done by muting the tab or disabling the Play sound for events checkbox under User Settigns. The problem is when we need to make changes in a lot of devices every command response triggers a new sound and it may bother some customers, muting sound as it is now is not the proper solution cause it will prevent the user from getting sound from a real notification being triggered by a special validation.

We propose
Dividethe Play sound for events checkbox into two checkboxes, one for Notifications and another for Driver's Message.

The end user.
This will be beneficial for many end customers and will be really appreciated by many dealers who frequently make changes on their devices or when they use the commands to implement some sequences.

Re: Request: Mute Options for Notification and Driver's message

Hello, soporte3!
We will note your request in backlog with low priority.
If other partners support your idea, we can increase issue priority.

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon

and when notifications are mostly parameters, but you are only interested in deactivating ignition, there you also deactivate jammer, idle among others. I think they must be separated

I totally agree. In addition, I suggest you can select which users the "driver communication" notifications arrive because when changes are made to the units and equipment respond to the commands, customers also see these responses.

Glenn Soto
Manager Support

Glenn Soto,  I'm sorry, but your explanation is not clear. May you describe your case in more detail?
I will note that we have a filter for online notifications on the user settings tab. Maybe it will help.

ricardogonzalez, if we separate and disable notifications for driver messages, then all the customers won't be notified for all types of driver messages, not only command responses. Will such a solution match customers' needs?

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

tata As I view it separating Driver's communication and Notifications will be enough, since you can add any extra parameter as a custom notification.

And maybe Glenn Soto  was trying to say is that would be grat to hide those responses from appearing in the window, I remember some devices having this option, but when activated it also remove those responses from the messages section.

https://forum.gurtam.com/viewtopic.php?id=14835

Krishna, could you share your experience with such a problem? Did you contact our hw team and was it successful?

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

(07/10/2019 11:19:42 отредактировано Krishna)

~~~I would like to inform you about your request to enable/disable pop up window "Chat with drivers"
We had some idea how to release it using feature "Notifications" , but during the tests we found out that pop up window "Chat with drivers" is separated part in functionality and doesn't depend on activated common notifications (like SOS notification, speed/geofences control and etc)
So, unfortunately , now it's not possible to disable pop up window "Chat with drivers" : if device sends parameter 'text', for example, response to command,  the text content will be showed at pop up window for all users which have access to units
But may be in future we can realise your request. Here the similar ideas were https://forum.gurtam.com/viewtopic.php?id=15513 , so if we will have plans to add this feature , we will write here on forum ~~~

Hardware team response few days ago with above information.

Krishna, thank you for the information. Then let's try to solve your question on the web side. We'll keep in touch.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

Hello,

Any update?