Suggestions for Improvements

Тема: Suggestions for Improvements

Good morning,

I have some suggestions for improvements in the platform.

01) Tool to reduce the opacity of the fences.
Some clients wants to draw overlapping fences, for example: A fence of his home, inside his city, inside his country. The most important fence is the first, so the opacity could be 100%, to stand out from the others fences, that could be at 50% and 20%.

02) Drivers in the reports should be shown
We have clients that use driver identification and they want to know fastly all the drivers that have been inside a car X in a day, week, according to the grouping.

03) Possibility of changing the duration of the working day and how it is detected, and calculate the meal time.
The standard time of working day here in Brazil is eight hours per day, so the way it is working on the platform does not work properly for us.
The way we are using the trackers for driver identification makes the driver be assigned to the vehicle until it changes to another driver, because the clients wants to see who is the driver, even if the vehicle is turned off, so the best way to calculate if he is working is if the engine is turned on in this case.
Would be nice too if there was a way to calculate the meal time of the drivers by selecting a period of wich the drivers generaly have their meal, the meal time would be selected in a screen of the parkings during this time selected or calculated automatically by all the parkings, to calculate the meal time of all the days.

Thank you!

Fernando Brochetto

• Suggestions for Improvements
Fernando Brochetto
Technical Support, Rastreasul

fernando@rastreasul.com.br

(18/07/2019 11:10:54 отредактировано yavi)

Re: Suggestions for Improvements

Fernando Brochetto About the third point. We understand the needs for different driving time ruleas according to loacal laws.
At this time it was developed for european rules and tachographs.
But waht about the parameters which you want to use for driving time analyzing? Is it just driver id for trackers? Or digital tachogrphs are also used in Brazil?
It will be rather hard to understand. whether it is lunchtime for driver, or car is broken (or somthing else like long loading, customs procedures, etc)

Viktor Yarovenko
Business Analyst
Wialon

(18/07/2019 14:29:28 отредактировано Fernando Brochetto)

Good morning,
In some cases we use the driver ID with iButtons, but generaly the parameter we need is ignition. When we use the driver identification, the clients wants to know who is the responsible for the car even if the veichle has the engine off, so the car must have a driver assigned every time, even if there is nobody inside the car.
About the parkings, the platform could have a report (maybe in the tool in the screenshot) that you could set what was every parking manually, otherwise it would be just rest time.

Fernando Brochetto

Hello, Fernando
1. About a tool to reduce the opacity of the geofences.

We have an algorithm with setting opacity, but it is not available from interface. Most users do not need a fine adjustment of opacity. We give a chose between a default opacity or 0 opacity. In most cases, this is enough. We will note your request, but we may do it if we know more users who need it for some particular matters.
I would also want to explain how to find the opacity parameter and change it now.
You may export geofences in .wlp file. Then find parameter "c". This is color in ARGB format in decimal form. E.g. I get "c":2583691008. In the calculator, I convert the number in hexadecimal form. That is 99FFFF00. First two numbers show opacity. I may change is and convert the number in decimal form back and install it to my geofence settings.
That is the way to get custom opacity. The method is not for daily use, but you may try.

2. Drivers in the reports should be shown

You have such a possibility now. In most reports by units, we have a column with drivers. You may use any report like Trips or Engine hours, add a column "Drivers". You may also use sorting by Driver column.
Or you may use a report "Chronology" with event "Driver". Then you'll get all the information about drivers binding and unbinding in chronological order.
Our support team also can suggest you some ways how to solve your task.

3. Possibility of changing the duration of the working day and how it is detected, and calculate the mealtime.

We have an option to control driver activity, but it's true, that is was developed according to European regulations.
But I'm not sure what do you need: calculate an activity or control drivers online. If just first, then I think we can find a solution. If the second, then we have no solution now.
Try the "Bindings" report. You'll get time periods when a driver was bound if he was inside the car or not. To find the intervals with meals I recommend to use filtration by geofences. First, you should create geofences on places where drivers stop to get a meal. Then filter the report with this geofences (set "retrieve intervals" flag also).

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

Hello tata,
1. I have tested and seems that there is a bug: in some fences it is working, but others it isn't, when you try to save the alterations with the color, or even just save the filewithout changing anything, the platform is having an error when you try to import, however in some fences it worked, but If the tool was inside the configuration of the fences would be much better. I will guide my client that need to adjust the opacity to do these steps.

2. These reports will show the drivers in saparated fields. There is a way of seeing all the drivers in only one field?

3. We need the intervals of which the driver was inside the car calculated by the time of ignition on, in driver activity, but configurated with our working day law.

Thank you!

Fernando Brochetto

Hello Fernando,

1. May be there are not correct all parameters in wlp files, or some tags are missed (for examle, in kml file). If you face some problems with geozones import, please provide an example (here or in PM), we can check it.

2. If there is activated option 'Multiple drivers/trailers' in report settings there will be all drivers in each detailed string, but in Total string is now only dots, but I think we can fix it.

Diana Cheley
Wialon Hosting Expert
Gurtam

(02/08/2019 05:06:52 отредактировано Fernando Brochetto)

Hello chdi,
1. I'm sending attached the file of a fence that I've tried, but had the error message. I haven't done any alteration to the file, I just can't import it if I change anything inside.

2. I've tried to activate the option but anything changed at all, there is another problem like the drivers in the report Eco Driving, in the attached screenshot. The sum of the penalties doesn't match at the value on the top.

Опубликовать вложения

Иконка вложений RASTREASUL LTDA.wlp 618 b, файл был скачан 382 раз(а) 

Fernando Brochetto

Hello Ferndado,

1. Attached wlp file (RASTREASUL LTDA.wlp) has correct settings, and can be imported successfully. I import it to my account and get polygon geofence  named "Rastreasul".
Please specify what do you mean to 'change anything inside' ? In wlp file you can change for example parameter "n" for geozone name and file will be imported successfully with new geofence name (I checked it). You can also change other parameters depends on your task, but in correct format

2. in Total string is now only dots, but we will fix it

3. It seems like it's used  averaging (by mileage/by time) for calculation total penalties.
If it needs to get just sum, you can disable Averaging for all Eco driving criterias

Diana Cheley
Wialon Hosting Expert
Gurtam

Hello chdi,

1. I've tried to change the parameter c, like tata have said, to change the opacity inserting the value 1352720127 (50A0DEFF) from RASTREASUL LTDA 01 to RASTREASUL LTDA 02.

2. Thank you, is there any expected date?

3. Yes, I'm using averaging, but the reports could be showing the result of the division, for example: 100 points/250 km = 0,4 points in this trip.

Опубликовать вложения

Иконка вложений RASTREASUL LTDA 01.wlp 618 b, файл был скачан 367 раз(а) 

Иконка вложений RASTREASUL LTDA 02.wlp 621 b, файл был скачан 359 раз(а) 

Fernando Brochetto

Hello chdi,
2. It's working, thank you!
3. Do you know if it's possible to make appear in this way inside the reports?

Fernando Brochetto

Hello Fernando Brochetto

As I see the last point which needs to resolve is the total value of penalties.

for example: 100 points/250 km = 0,4 points in this trip.

to get such result you need to use "Averaging by mileage" for each (required) criterion of Ecodriving  - the total amount of penalty points is divided by the mileage of the trip
Please note ,  if a trip is less than 1 kilometer, averaging by mileage cannot be applied to the trip. So such trip will be not included in calculation.
Also  if you use the grouping for report,  this averaging is applied to every group of parameters in the report table.

Diana Cheley
Wialon Hosting Expert
Gurtam

Hello chdi,
Yes, I understand, however the values is a little confusing. Look at the screenshots I just did.

Fernando Brochetto

Zone opacity is a user satisfaction issue. When a zone is enabled or visible you cannot see any map data beneath it. When the zone is disabled you are not sure the boundaries. Having done this for 20 years, 100% of the systems I have used offer a zone opacity setting. Exporting to adjust is not an option for any customer since it has to be done outside the platform.

Two options to consider in addition to opacity.
1. Show the boundary but don't fill the center.
2. Offer a map icon to toggle show and hide zones.

Doing any map functions through settings or parameters is inefficient and requires the customer learn more steps in an already intense platform.

-Eron
Fleetistics.com

The goal of driver ID is accountability. One way to get this is to be able to run reports by units or by driver. Instead of creating a lot of new functionality just add an option to the trips and parking report to add a Driver ID column. If the driver can take multiple trips without tagging in, the data will be dirty. The first driver will not tag out and subsequent drivers will not tag in. This means a trip without a tag within x minutes needs to be flagged as such so the report is clear about this.

-Eron
Fleetistics.com