Idling inside Eco Driving

Тема: Idling inside Eco Driving

Hello,
I want to know if it is possible to add this feature to Eco Driving.
As I talked to support, we can't control this because Eco Driving only works when the vehicle is in a trip, so the only solution was to make everything a trip, which would cause some problems.

Idling is when no trips are detected. So the report simply ignores when the unit is stationary.

I'm sending screenshots of how I was configuring the criteria of Idling.

• Idling inside Eco Driving
Fernando Brochetto
Technical Support, Rastreasul

fernando@rastreasul.com.br

Re: Idling inside Eco Driving

Hello Fernando,

We got some requests to add idle time as a parameter of the Eco Driving before. Like tracking cruise control, this does not match the original concept of the module. First of all, it is aimed at tracking driving safety now. The Eco Driving concept may also include driving efficiency. This is the use of cruise control, and tracking a long warm-up or idle, an open window on the track and tire pressure.
This all may be the next step in the development of the module. It is possible that in the future all this can be considered in the program within the Eco Driving module.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

Hello tata,
Thank you for your answer.
Great, looking forward for any news!

Fernando Brochetto

Fernando Brochetto пишет:

Hello,
I want to know if it is possible to add this feature to Eco Driving.
As I talked to support, we can't control this because Eco Driving only works when the vehicle is in a trip, so the only solution was to make everything a trip, which would cause some problems.

Idling is when no trips are detected. So the report simply ignores when the unit is stationary.

I'm sending screenshots of how I was configuring the criteria of Idling.

We have used a couple of custom rules for idle that reports violations based on "mild" and "severe" duration.  See example if it helps.

Hello fleetlogik,
Thank you for your advice! Could you send some screenshots of the sensors that you're using?

Fernando Brochetto

I would be interested to see how the sensors for "Ignition Validator" and "Speed" are configured in this example.   I also have a client with 1800+ units in the fleet that would like to include idling violations as part of the eco driving score.