Additional parameters on Locator link

Тема: Additional parameters on Locator link

Hi team,

I wonder if it would be possible to have additional parameters on Locator link in order to change the default behavior when loading the map, in the same way like the current &tails, &map, &labels or &directs (example in attached file).

I am thinking about two specific parameters:
&zoom, to select different default levels of zoom when loading the map
&center, auto focus on vehicle (i.e. &center=1 will center the map of the first vehicle available in the list each time we get a new position)

This feature would be interesting for those who want to have a simple and clear interface without mouse interaction or user/password input.

Best regards,

Re: Additional parameters on Locator link

Could you please explain what profit users may get with these parameters? I do not see a correlation between mouse interaction or user/password input with suggested tags.
What is the difference between the selected zoom level and zoom on all displayed units? Practical examples and use cases are welcome.

There is one more problem. Tags are hardly ever used as you need to read the documentation first to know about them. No one likes to read the documentation. We prefer functions which profit and way to use are clear for most users, and we may expect that they will be more or less popular.

Anyway thanks for suggestion and participation in Wialon development! We appreciate it!

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

(04/09/2019 14:40:29 отредактировано Alberto)

Thank you for your answer Tatsiana.

Let me explain myself better, I think I wasn't very clear smile One of our clients wants to see their vehicles in a video-wall. This video-wall doesn't have keyboard or mouse interface while browsing, only for programming which URL should the screen load, that's why through parameters we could have more control on the page.

Why I said that two parameters? Because when you load the locator link, if focuses on the vehicle(s) but if the vehicle is moving, (especially if this link has only one vehicle or they are very close to each other at that moment), you lose it just after a few minutes or seconds. Changing zoom level could be a way to have a wider view, or perhaps it would be interesting that the map could auto-focus to the last vehicle that has changed its position.

Also, we have another client that only uses the locator feature, they have integrated it inside another software, with one link per vehicle (they don't log into the platform). They care (almost) only about real-time information, so when they need to follow a vehicle, they open the link and start to tracking it. In this case they would like that the map auto-focus this vehicle by default each time that the unit sends a new position.

These are two cases where we could use these additional parameters.

Best regards,

Alberto, thank you for your examples. I see your issue now.
We have an option of auto-focus in the top-right corner now. So you can continuously see a vehicle on the map if you enable it.
I suggest improving this option as it is available for all locators and users and may bring value for all. I think that if we enable it by default and add multi-select, it will suit your case. What do you think?

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

Thank you Tatsiana, I think that this improvement will be appreciated for those customers I was talking about, thank you for your suggestion.
Will it be possible to have this feature? smile

Have a good day!

This is possible. smile We will notify you when we have any news on this feature.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

Thanks! I look forward to hearing from you.

Alberto, please, check the Locator now. Auto-focus is enabled by default now.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

Thank you, we've informed the client.
Have a nice day!