Speed from parameter/sensor in reports

Тема: Speed from parameter/sensor in reports

Hello,

I already talk with support about adding new filed in report templates such as Engine Hours, Trips, etc. so i need opinion from rest of community.
New field would be avg and max speed from specific parameter/sensor (CAN, OBDII, etc)
At this moment we have clients who need this part in reports because they believe more in vehicle(CAN) speed than in GPS speed.

Re: Speed from parameter/sensor in reports

monitoringnet, this idea is not new, but still not clear. Maybe you did your own research on the difference between CAN speed vs. GPS speed? Google says that GPS is more accurate in common cases. But there is another opinion and I wonder what it is based on and what is the difference in percents. Do you have this information?
The possible solution I see is to add Custom sensor value in some report tables. Then a user could create a sensor and see it's value in reports. Do you think this may help?

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

Hello tata,

I agree with Google that GPS speed is more accurate than CAN speed, but here we have several requests from clients because they don't believe in Google opinion or any other.
They believe what is on speedometer and as you probably know client is always right big_smile
Solution with custom sensor field in mentioned tables would be more than enough, by that i mean field with max and avg value (at this moment more important is max than avg)

monitoringnet, ok. We will take a close look at this feature and will try to do in Q2.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

monitoringnet, we've added new columns for Custom sensors in several reports (Digital sensors, Summary, Trips and Engine hours). You may use it for CAN speed sensor.  Please, try it.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

Hi Tata

We use geofence for overspeed in certain areas. Can we use Can Vehicle Speed and GPS Speed both in these type of reports?

Best REgards

Hello. We will collect your feedback and other partners and statistics on usage. After that, we will decide is it worth to add columns in other report types.

I would recommend you to try the Trips table with filtering by geofences and speed range. It seems you may get the desired result.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

tata пишет:

Hello. We will collect your feedback and other partners and statistics on usage. After that, we will decide is it worth to add columns in other report types.

I would recommend you to try the Trips table with filtering by geofences and speed range. It seems you may get the desired result.

Hi Tata

Great to know that you will collect our feedback.

Also other problem regarding "Overspeed" is that in geofence you can input Minimum Speed and Maximum Speed, but maxmum Speed doesn't work, we have tried to use it because sometimes trackers sends false alarms (Trucks going at 150km/hr) but when we use for example maximum speed at 100Km/hr, those false alarms still appear in report.

Would be great to have a solution on that issue

Best regards

alan Sch, if I understand you right, then you use report template "Geofence" and Minimum Speed and Maximum Speed settings.
filtration works the following way: we choose intervals of geofence visiting. After that, we see if the interval corresponds to filters. As for speed filter, then we see if the speed in the interval includes speed in the filter. E.g. we have an interval with speed in messages 5, 11, 19, 60, 80 km/h. We set the filter from 10 to 20. We see that we have values in the interval that corresponds to filter (11 and 19). Then the whole interval is correct.
You may use the option in filtration setting "Retrieve intervals", then you'll get the interval with cut values (in our example the final interval will be 11,19 with this option).

But I recommend solving the root of the problem - invalid speed value. You may look for the device settings or at least set a maximum speed in messages validity filtration.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

tata пишет:

alan Sch, if I understand you right, then you use report template "Geofence" and Minimum Speed and Maximum Speed settings.
filtration works the following way: we choose intervals of geofence visiting. After that, we see if the interval corresponds to filters. As for speed filter, then we see if the speed in the interval includes speed in the filter. E.g. we have an interval with speed in messages 5, 11, 19, 60, 80 km/h. We set the filter from 10 to 20. We see that we have values in the interval that corresponds to filter (11 and 19). Then the whole interval is correct.
You may use the option in filtration setting "Retrieve intervals", then you'll get the interval with cut values (in our example the final interval will be 11,19 with this option).

But I recommend solving the root of the problem - invalid speed value. You may look for the device settings or at least set a maximum speed in messages validity filtration.

Hi Tata

Thanks a lot for your help, it worked a lot.

Another issue we have, is that some speed limits are diferent when you're going from south to North or north to South. (Going up a mountain has diferent speed limit than going down)

How can we create a usefull solution for this issue?

Best Regards

You may try filtration by a sensor that detects direction. As a parameter use a virtual "course".

If the road is drawn as two roads in different directions (like on the screenshot) we may set and use different speed limits.

• Speed from parameter/sensor in reports
Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

Hi Tata

Could you send me an explanation on how to filter by a "course sensor" ??? I created it but i don't know how to add it to the filter.

sicomotor@gmail.com

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Alan Schweitzer

alan Sch пишет:

sicomotor@gmail.com

Hello Alan,

My name is Diana, I'm working at development team.  I've send you email with example of sensor and example of notification to filter depending on course.

Diana Cheley
Wialon Hosting Expert
Gurtam