Creating Units from Excel

(31/05/2019 17:57:48 отредактировано dibdounia)

Тема: Creating Units from Excel

Dear Partners,

I was creating new units for a clients that has around 200 vehicles but it takes too much time to create the units one by one and this is currently the only available way for units creation.
My suggestion is to have an option where we could import an excel file containing all the needed information (name. device type, Unique ID, custom fields, etc...) and assign a certain template for the file (same as we could do in the logistics module). That way we will be able to save a lot of time by importing the file and adding the unit to a certain account and we could even import the file from the particular account's cms if it seems more feasible.
What do you think?

Best regards,

Re: Creating Units from Excel

Dear dibdounia
we help in cases when our partner needs to create 200 vehicles from excel file. Please, contact your business development manager.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

tata, please explain how other partners can import units from Excel file.

tata пишет:

Dear dibdounia
we help in cases when our partner needs to create 200 vehicles from excel file. Please, contact your business development manager.

Hi Tata, regarding this. I have a similar case with thousands of units to be imported. However we are using Wialon Local for this. How can we use excel file to import?

Hello pricilla,
if you have to create in the system thousands of units, contact your business development manager. The scheme of creating from excel is the same for Hosting and Local.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

You can also use the API to create units from within Excel, Excel VBA has the ability to make requests using JSON. All you need is the JSON params, and a valid token to create the SSID. We've used a standalone excel macro-enabled workbook to create hundreds or thousands of units at a time, add the properties, and then use the WLP import feature to upload the unit properties, sensors, etc.