New function in sensors

Тема: New function in sensors

Hi GT

It's really interesting and useful to add a new functionality in system to show last known value of sensor while it's value get unknown.
I want to give you some examples of such function usage in real:

1. It's really useful for weight sensors which have many inaccurate data in unit movement moments and we can tell system to show last known weight while unit is moving (means last value before unit starts moving and by put a movement sensor as validator of weight sensor).

2. In same way we can tell the system to show last known value of FLS sensors while unit is moving (means last value before unit starts moving).

I'm sure there are many other usages for this function.

New function in sensors

Re: New function in sensors

We use Galileosky equipment and independently create similar algorithms and filtering rules directly in the onboard terminal.

In some cases, when there is no data, setting the check box helps - last message only

New function in sensors

• New function in sensors
Александр Иванов,
Интегратор систем GPS/ГЛОНАСС мониторинга

New function in sensors

Aliv, thanks you, but what I'm looking for is a different feature.

New function in sensors

hhamedk, as I understand we speak about sensors value that displaying the current unit state in the Monitoring tab or a unit tool-tip.
I also want to bring in line cases you may face the problem.
Actual in cases:
- no parameter in the message
- the sensor value is invalid after applying the validator
- the sensor value is invalid after applying the lower / upper bounds
- other cases due to which the sensor value is considered invalid

If all previous points are right, then I would say, that we are currently working on this problem and may finish it soon.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

New function in sensors

tata, yes, you are absolutely right.

New function in sensors

tata, any update?

New function in sensors

hhamedk, we developed this function, but we will integrate it slowly, step by step, noticing all possible issues as we are trying a new calculation system.
Anyway, the nearest Local version where the feature will be available is 2004.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

New function in sensors

tata , I really appreciate it. Would you please tell me if it will be available on Hosting sooner or not?

New function in sensors

It should be finished on Hosting before WL2004

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

New function in sensors

Any update?

New function in sensors

hhamedk, this feature is available on Hosting now.
If we see some cases that do not correspond your expectations, please, write to support@gurtam.com (and mention my comment, please=) )

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

New function in sensors

tata, thank you for informing community about that. Would you please tell me how we can use it?

New function in sensors

tata, we are looking for new feature as an option. Means that user has possibility of activating it and see last valid value of sensor or deactivate the feature and see "unknown" message.

New function in sensors

hhamedk, there are no any additional options for the feature. As before, it is regulated by the flag in sensors settings "Last message only". If the flag is not set, then we will find any valid value for it.  Otherwise, we calculate the value by the parameters in the last message.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

New function in sensors

tata wrote:

- no parameter in the message
- the sensor value is invalid after applying the validator
- the sensor value is invalid after applying the lower / upper bounds
- other cases due to which the sensor value is considered invalid

Does new feature cover all these conditions?

New function in sensors

hhamedk, yes, it should cover

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

New function in sensors

tata, my first post in this topic:

It's really interesting and useful to add a new functionality in system to show last known value of sensor while it's value get unknown.
I want to give you some examples of such function usage in real:

1. It's really useful for weight sensors which have many inaccurate data in unit movement moments and we can tell system to show last known weight while unit is moving (means last value before unit starts moving and by put a movement sensor as validator of weight sensor).

2. In same way we can tell the system to show last known value of FLS sensors while unit is moving (means last value before unit starts moving).

We have asked a solution to show last valid value of sensors if the value is getting invalid. I believe what you have done doesn't cover it. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

New function in sensors

Same situation here.
I need to show the last valid value for the can-bus fuel level parameter when the vehicle is off.
The value is N/A while the vehicle is powered off

New function in sensors

Hello dear hhamedk and jommi,
I want to give some clarification on your questions.

hhamedk,
If I understand your cases correctly, you want to consider valid only those sensor values that were obtained by the beginning of the unit's movement. If so, your cases are fully covered by the current functionality. And I'll explain by giving you an example. (I wiil use your first example).

While the unit was standing, it sent a weight sensor value equal to, for example, 10 tonnes. Then the unit starts to move and sends sensor values equal to 9.8, 10.5 tonnes and so on. For you, only a value equal to 10 tonnes is valid (i.e.the value that was obtained before the movement began).
For the other values to be considered invalid, the validator must be set up. I will consider speed validation.
To do this, I will follow the algorithm:
1. create a custom digital sensor with the parameter "Speed".
2. create a calculation table in the following form: x = 0, a = 0, b = 1; x = 1, a = 0, b = 0.
3. for the weight sensor, activate the validation by the sensor with the Custom sensor type, validation type — Not-null check (In addition, please see the attached screenshots).
As a result, all received values will be checked for speed and will become invalid.
And as tata wrote above, such values will be replaced by the last valid value. This scheme works if the "Last message" option is not activated.

Please let me know if I got your request wrong.

jommi,
A screenshot is not enough to explain why your values are not replaced by the last valid ones.
There can be many reasons for this system behavior. If, for example, you use earlier versions of Local, then some settings may work differently.
For a detailed analysis of the situation, please write to our technical support with a full description of the problem and the sensors settings. (support@gurtam.com)

I hope this information is helpful.

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon

New function in sensors

Mana, as you know, the canbus system on the vehicles is active only when the power is on.
I need to know if it’s possible (and how) to see the last valid value of canbus parameter before the power is switched off.
I’m currently using Wialon hosting.

New function in sensors

mana wrote:

hhamedk,
If I understand your cases correctly, you want to consider valid only those sensor values that were obtained by the beginning of the unit's movement. If so, your cases are fully covered by the current functionality. And I'll explain by giving you an example. (I wiil use your first example).

While the unit was standing, it sent a weight sensor value equal to, for example, 10 tonnes. Then the unit starts to move and sends sensor values equal to 9.8, 10.5 tonnes and so on. For you, only a value equal to 10 tonnes is valid (i.e.the value that was obtained before the movement began).
For the other values to be considered invalid, the validator must be set up. I will consider speed validation.
To do this, I will follow the algorithm:
1. create a custom digital sensor with the parameter "Speed".
2. create a calculation table in the following form: x = 0, a = 0, b = 1; x = 1, a = 0, b = 0.
3. for the weight sensor, activate the validation by the sensor with the Custom sensor type, validation type — Not-null check (In addition, please see the attached screenshots).
As a result, all received values will be checked for speed and will become invalid.
And as tata wrote above, such values will be replaced by the last valid value. This scheme works if the "Last message" option is not activated.

Please let me know if I got your request wrong.

What you have explained seems what we need but it doesn't work well. Let me try to explain what we have done for another customer.
We have fuel level on adc15 and temperature sensor value on dalas_temp. We have created both of these sensors and both as custom sensor. We want to get these values only when the vehicle is moving and as it stopped Wialon should shows last valid value. We have created a motion sensor with parameter in5 which is motion state and used this sensor as validator of 2 other sensors with not null check type. You tell me, does what we have done cover it? if yes, then I have to say that Wialon doesn't work the way we expect.

New function in sensors

hhamedk,

the source data that you provided in your first post was slightly different. Based on them, I offered you settings that would help you.

hhamedk пишет:

What you have explained seems what we need but it doesn't work well. Let me try to explain what we have done for another customer.
We have fuel level on adc15 and temperature sensor value on dalas_temp. We have created both of these sensors and both as custom sensor. We want to get these values only when the vehicle is moving and as it stopped Wialon should shows last valid value. We have created a motion sensor with parameter in5 which is motion state and used this sensor as validator of 2 other sensors with not null check type. You tell me, does what we have done cover it? if yes, then I have to say that Wialon doesn't work the way we expect

But here you give a few other conditions. In particular, you want the last value obtained before stopping the vehicle to be considered valid.

In the Wialon there is an opportunity to show N/A, and there is an opportunity not to show NA, but the last known value.
Most cases are covered by the correct sensors configuration and validations.

Therefore, hhamedk and jommi, I would like to offer you to describe in detail your cases and write to our technical support (support@gurtam.com).

If your cases really are not covered by the current functionality, then we will additionally think about what we can do for such cases.

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon

New function in sensors

mana, what I have explained in my previous post in comparison with my first post is different. You are right. Different cases but same idea and I was sure that the new functionality you have explained should work for both. I could solve the problem playing with that but what I understood is that Wialon has delay on applying this new function. I mean when I create sensors based on what you have explained and apply all validators then Wialon still shows previous result without considering this new function, even refreshing the page won't help. After some time (like 5 minutes) everything get correct. I have no idea about how you implement this new feature, so this can be a possible bug or based on algorithm of implementing it.

New function in sensors

hhamedk,

Once again, I would like to note that the algorithm, which was finalized in 2019 (Local 2004) should work correctly. Delays that you write about may occur, for example, as a result of lack of online data or uploading data from a black box. We would like to check your situation and give detailed explanations. For this, I will ask you to send us a specific example so that we can check it out.

If it's possible that the algorithm doesn't always work correctly, we'd like to fix it.

Nastassia Maslovskaya
Business Analyst, Wialon

New function in sensors

mana, thank you. I will create a temporary unit from Wialon IPS type and we can send data from our PC and check the situation very easy. I will follow this case with support.