Last Positioning Date and Time

Тема: Last Positioning Date and Time

Hi,

Can we have the date&time for last positioning of device be displayed together with last message/update for each unit in the work space? We know the duration since the last positioning is shown if we hover mouse over the satellites icon, but our customers would like to compare these 2 date&times (last update and last positioning) directly by seeing the exactly date and time, not the duration, both in web and mobile applications.

Additionally, it would be difficult for them to calculate the exact date& time based on the duration if the number of units increase.

Thank you.

Re: Last Positioning Date and Time

Hello, cs.lee
We show the duration and exact date&time for the last message in tooltip or extended unit information.
As I understand you would like to see also the duration and date&time for the last message with the position. But absolute majority of units tracked on the platform has the identical data for last message and message with the position. From their point of view, this data will be excessive.

I'm not sure that the final purpose is to see the difference between the messages so I recommend trying notification "Connection loss" to control the situation when the coordinates stop coming.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

Hi tata,

Our customer's vehicles won't be active simultaneously at the same time. Some of their vehicles might remain inactive for more than 6 months due to various reasons such as management purpose, accident, etc.. Hence, most of the vehicles will have different last message and last positioning date/time.

While the 'Connection loss' notification can be used, but it is through registering it as events that allow us to review/check back in report the exact time it happens (please do correct me if this is wrong), as in the time the unit sends the last positioning data -- there is a limitation. If the vehicle remains inactive longer than the time period that the report data can be kept, say 180 days, we won't able to review it (the connection loss date/time) anymore after, say 181 days.

Basically, the last message date/time is displayed just fine, but the date/time of last positioning is no where to be found directly. It will give the customers an ease if they can see the last positioning date/time besides that of last message.

Thank you.

You can use "Connection loss" and "Connection restore" notification type both and register evens as an action. Then you'll have all the information in the "Events" table. For sure, the data will be saved only for the history period that is set to your account. You may increase this period or solve it by some administrative actions like saving this report automatically every month in your database/computer.

the date/time of the last positioning is nowhere to be found directly.

I agree, that we do not have an easy way to see the time of the last positioning message. But this is because our clients before didn't have such a problem. If they track smth, they send data. If they have problems with positioning messages, then they correct this on the device side. Some monitor stationary objects, then they have no need to see the position.

But anyway we suggest posting requests on the forum as any request can be supported by other partners. If we see that some others have the same problem, we'll think of how to separate last message time and last message time with position.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam