Google Maps full integration

Тема: Google Maps full integration

Hi GT

It seems that Google has made some changes in Maps APIs.
There is some new layers of map as well. Would you please add all new layers of Google Maps?
Another request is Google reverse geocoding, Wialon doesn't support reverse geocoding of google in some parts of like track player and I think reports. As Google Map is the most accurate map in our region, would you please do full integration of Google Map with both WH and WL?

Re: Google Maps full integration

Hello, hhamedk

As I see in Google documentation  there are no new layers, that we don't support.
Also, we are working on spreading Google as a geocoding source and plan to add it to reports, but I should warn, that reports cannot work well with free Google key due to API limits.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

tata, You're right, better to say styles of Map. Please check:

https://developers.google.com/maps/docu … avascript/

This API allows customizing your map. E.g. client has some shops and wants to attach the map with clustered markers.  So he can use this API.
But everything is done in code, so if we add some markers or POIs, everyone will see them.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

tata, Please check screenshot.

• Google Maps full integration

Yes, Google allows to style map: to choose line width, polygon colors and so on. Our designers can create a new layer and we can add it to all customers. But what's the profit for our partners and for Wialon?

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

tata, you have some different styles for login page and you may have different styles for google map aswell in same manner. My idea is to give partners/customers ability to upload different JSON files some where in Wialon to add their customized styles.

Login page style and google maps style differ by their purposes and mechanisms.
Anyway, I've noted this suggestion. If it will be demanded by more users we'll back to it.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

tata, it's enough to add a style field beside google map API key and anyone can insert it's own code for styled map.

hhamedk, I see. But the question who else would use this feature and for what purposes is still actual.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

(20/04/2019 11:27:24 отредактировано hhamedk)

tata, I experienced new problem with Google Map. There are some traffic data in http://map.google.com that are not available in Wialon or sometimes traffic data are different in these 2. I first thought this may be relates to browser different requests, so I refreshed both pages in same time and found that nothing changed. Please check with Google if there are differences between Google JavaScript API and maps.google.com data or there is some problem between integration of Wialon with Google map.
Please take a look at screenshots. in first one you can see that map.google.com says some ways are blocked but there are no such data in Wialon.

Update:
After searching I found Google Map has some signs which call them Traffic Incident Symbols and we don't have these symbols in Wialon at all.
I try to provide some examples of traffic data difference also.

Dear hhamedk,  I don't see the difference in traffic on your screenshots. We use Google API that is available on their sources, and we don't have an impact on data they allow others to use.
Our developer checked the traffic request and found no options for sending to define do we want to see any marks on roads. So we show what we can.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

(23/04/2019 19:21:11 отредактировано hhamedk)

Dear tata, you wrote:

Dear hhamedk,  I don't see the difference in traffic on your screenshots. We use Google API that is available on their sources, and we don't have an impact on data they allow others to use.

You're right! There is no difference between traffic data in these screenshots but we faced it some times and it's really hard to find an example and provide you screenshot about that, but we will try and will give you some examples. It's strange and I understand, we also confused as we know you use Google API!

and also :

Our developer checked the traffic request and found no options for sending to define do we want to see any marks on roads. So we show what we can.

I don't get you, please explain.
Google MAP JavaScript API documentation didn't mention any special requirement for Traffic Incident Symbols or doesn't have any special part for themt and introduced them as a part of traffic layer. Even with a simple HTML example from it's documentation (like below) and a valid API key you will get traffic layer including  Traffic Incident Symbols.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <title>Simple Map</title>
    <meta name="viewport" content="initial-scale=1.0">
    <meta charset="utf-8">
    <style>
      /* Always set the map height explicitly to define the size of the div
       * element that contains the map. */
      #map {
        height: 100%;
      }
      /* Optional: Makes the sample page fill the window. */
      html, body {
        height: 100%;
        margin: 0;
        padding: 0;
      }
    </style>
  </head>
  <body>
    <div id="map"></div>
    <script>
      var map;
      function initMap() {
        map = new google.maps.Map(document.getElementById('map'), {
          center: {lat: -34.397, lng: 150.644},
          zoom: 8
        });

var trafficLayer = new google.maps.TrafficLayer();
        trafficLayer.setMap(map);

}
    </script>
    <script src="https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?key=YOUR_API_KEY&callback=initMap"
    async defer></script>
  </body>
</html>

Please let me know what's the problem that we can't get these important signs together with traffic layer.

hhamedk пишет:

Google MAP JavaScript API documentation didn't mention any special requirement for Traffic Incident Symbols or doesn't have any special part for themt and introduced them as a part of traffic layer. Even with a simple HTML example from it's documentation (like below) and a valid API key you will get traffic layer including  Traffic Incident Symbols.

You are right. I meant the same. We use just a request for Traffic layer. There is no special requirement for Traffic Incident Symbols. So we have what Google servers send to us.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

(27/04/2019 10:47:40 отредактировано hhamedk)

tata, have you checked what I explained using a simple HTML file? Same API key we are using in our HTML file and Wialon, we can see Traffic Incident Symbols in HTML file but nothing in Wialon.

To be sure that we are in same page I attached an screenshot of a Google forum page that shows Traffic Incident Symbols. I also attached screenshot of my HTML file to show you Google Map JavaScript API contains these symbols and it seems that there is somrthing wrong in Wialon integration with Google Map.
Please check with developers.

hhamedk, we analyzed our Google mechanism. We use the correct version and correct request. But we found another place where we may miss displaying them. So we will check it again and I think we will solve the issue. I'll back with news here then.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

Dear tata, any update?

Sorry, not yet

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

tata, we are still waiting for your good news!

We plan to install it to WH in July. Then the fix will get to Local in July or at the beginning of August.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

tata, that's great. Please inform us as you done.

tata, any update?

hhamedk, sorry for the delay.
We updated the signs on Google maps at the end of July in Local 1904.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam

tata, may you inform me if you have done something for this case as we can't see signs on our WL.

Our QAs have checked. Here is an example of how it is look in Local1904. We see some signs on the traffic layer.

Tatsiana Shmihelskaya
Business Analyst, Gurtam