AEMP API implementation

(27/02/2019 11:10:58 отредактировано yavi)

Re: AEMP API implementation

GE As far as I understand, AEMP it's just API to get data.

www.aemp.org   -- it's some organisation which developed such API and signed the contracts with manufacturers of trucks/special equipment  to use this API in their platforms. For their work they (aemp.org) get fee

This fee must pay third-part platform developers (like gurtam).

End user customer (for example, owner of agricultural company with 10 JohnDeers, 15 volvo tractors and 10 Claas ) must have an access into all these native platforms, pay monthly fee for all these platforms + pay monthly fee for some universal platform (like Wialon) to get all units together?

Am I right?

Viktor Yarovenko
Business Analyst
Wialon

AEMP API implementation

I need the API Documentation of each manufacturer with endpoints and test logins to do it.
I guess only a owner of each machinery can get it.

Desarrollo e integración de sistemas
System development and integration
Разработка системы и интеграция
www.techdev.cl

AEMP API implementation

techdev Sometimes you can't get it at all (for example, JohnDeere)

Viktor Yarovenko
Business Analyst
Wialon

AEMP API implementation

yavi пишет:

End user customer (for example, owner of agricultural company with 10 JohnDeers, 15 volvo tractors and 10 Claas ) must have an access into all these native platforms, pay monthly fee for all these platforms + pay monthly fee for some universal platform (like Wialon) to get all units together?

Am I right?

Yes you are right  but it seems that some access are very low  so the total cost will be not so hight but we have to investigate

Georges  Geoloc

AEMP API implementation

techdev пишет:

I need the API Documentation of each manufacturer with endpoints and test logins to do it.
I guess only a owner of each machinery can get it.

The API should be the same , it is the interest of this approach

Georges  Geoloc

AEMP API implementation

I want to access directly to each manufacturer API just like trackunit does, I dont want to pass over AEMP.org API nor pay their membership.
It suppose that each manufacturer platform conforms to the ISO/TS 15143-3:2016 standart or I get it wrong?

Desarrollo e integración de sistemas
System development and integration
Разработка системы и интеграция
www.techdev.cl

AEMP API implementation

techdev пишет:

I want to access directly to each manufacturer API just like trackunit does, I dont want to pass over AEMP.org API nor pay their membership.
It suppose that each manufacturer platform conforms to the ISO/TS 15143-3:2016 standart or I get it wrong?

Y
ou don't need to be a AEMP member.  AEMP promote the universel API  which is now available as ISO 15143-3 . So if Gurtam or an other company would like to acces to a  lot of machinery manufacturer's  plateform , they need to write a sofware compatible with ISO 15143-3 . There is no fees to pay
but the document cost aroud 200 US $

Georges  Geoloc

AEMP API implementation

(06/03/2019 16:41:05 отредактировано yavi)

techdev пишет:

No, you're wrong. The communication protocol of tracking  device and server of manufacturer it's not the same as API to get data from the server via API.
API (like AEMP) is just some type of sharing data from manufacturer's server like getting data from Wialon wia SDK or Retranslator.
We don't know heavy mashines/trucks manufacturers who shares the protocol of their embedded tracking devices.
If you find some well-known manufacturer (like Volvo, Cat, John Deere, etc.) who is ready to share the communication protocol between embedded tracking device and platform please notify hw@gurtam.com We'll implement it in Wialon ASAP.

GE пишет:

Yes you are right  but it seems that some access are very low

According to our experience, monthly fee of such platforms much more than Wialon or other third-part platforms (from hundreeds to thousands dollars per unit per year). For example, one of the agricultural manufacturer's fee is 300-700 Euro per unit per year (depending on the quantity of parameters).
Also the data quality of such system (GPS points quantity, fuel level accuracy, etc) is MUCH lower than using third-part tracking devices with LLS and Wialon.

Viktor Yarovenko
Business Analyst
Wialon

AEMP API implementation

Hi all,

It looks like there could be some good opportunities with this functionality.

I've just been approached by a company with 900 vehicles which include CAT, Volvo, Komatsu, Hitachi and John Deere. They are using 7 different systems to track everything. They want to use just one!

Is this still being looked at?

Cheers

Coops

AEMP API implementation

Hello!

AEMP protocol data ingestion to Wialon is possible via flespi. You need to create channel with aemp protocol and setup streaming to Wialon. In most cases free flespi account is sufficient for this.

At the dark side of telematics...