WiaTag Configuration based on location

Тема: WiaTag Configuration based on location

Scenario I'm trying to achieve.

Enter Geofence -> push idle configuration
Exit Geofence -> push active configuration

Sometimes the new configuration does not take effect and I have to manually send a stop/start.  Is there any way to set WiaTag to "auto-restart" on a new configuration push?

Is there any way to chain notifications or actions?  So when Event 1 (enter) happens then Wialon will do actions 1,2,3?

Re: WiaTag Configuration based on location

Hello, on what devices it does not take effect sometimes?
about "auto-restart", for some users this could be unwanted behaviour, so it is better to restart it manually.
Could you tell more about chain of actions?

Andrei4 пишет:

Hello, on what devices it does not take effect sometimes?
about "auto-restart", for some users this could be unwanted behaviour, so it is better to restart it manually.
Could you tell more about chain of actions?

Tested devices: Samsung Galaxy S6 Active and S8 Active.  I have not yet tested on any IOS devices.

The auto-restart would be the same as the configuration taking effect immediately wouldn't it?  As the configuration has to be read and made active.

Chaining events would be like this:

- Notification sent
    -> push new configuration
    -> cmd stop
    -> cmd start

Alternative with restart command

- Notification sent
    -> push new configuration
    -> cmd restart wiatag

A lot of this depends on a success/fail report from the push if success then issue the stop/start or restart.  If the push failed then do something else, like retry or send a message notification.

My use of Wialon is completely different that anyone else's so I have a lot of "odd" things we integrate with our customers.  This particular one is for GeoFence notifications to control Home Automation events (open/close Garage door, turn on/off alarm system etc etc).

The use is for pushing WiaTag "active" configuration when leaving a geofence (home/work/etc) and then pushing a new "idle" configuration when "entering" a geofence.  One problem I am aware of is the "leaving" part of the time period it takes for the idle configuration to actually report that it is no longer in the geofence which leads to the exit message being missed or thrown away due to the age of the message.

I'm also looking to see if the "chaining" of commands can be tied from one device "unit" to another. 

Example:  I have OBD units in my vehicles.  When the ignition is turned on for "Wife Jeep" being able to use that Event to trigger a notfication/action to push the new Wiatag configuration of "Active".  That would help with the update lag time of the Idle configuration when leaving the "Home" geofence.

If service is turned ON, after changing the configuration it restarts automatically. If it was not ON, you need to send START command, no matter which configuration was uploaded.
In any case nor Apple nor Google does not guarantee delivery of push message(or does not specify delivery time), so it is not good idea to use this as a base mechanism.

But the idea about changing mode depending on geofence is cool. We will think about its implementation.

Andrei4 пишет:

If service is turned ON, after changing the configuration it restarts automatically. If it was not ON, you need to send START command, no matter which configuration was uploaded.
In any case nor Apple nor Google does not guarantee delivery of push message(or does not specify delivery time), so it is not good idea to use this as a base mechanism.

But the idea about changing mode depending on geofence is cool. We will think about its implementation.

The service is always ON in my circumstances as this is used by clients for presence detection for Home/Business automation events. 

The issue I've found is that sometimes the new configuration does not take effect.  This may be because of the PUSH service reliability.  If it is the PUSH service reliability it would be nice to be able to again chain commands to do a config PUSH and then do a PULL to verify the configuration was indeed sent to the device and it would be nice to have a parameter showing "active configuration version".  This would provide a parameter to see if the new configuration is indeed active or not or if it needs to be pushed again.

I think maybe I've been working with Calamp PULS too much recently? smile

Nor Apple or Google does not provide push receipt.
also if you logged in with deviceID there is no way to save anything to units property, because you do not have access to unit (or user).
But indeed it is good to know if config was applied and we will think how to make this work

Andrei4 пишет:

Nor Apple or Google does not provide push receipt.
also if you logged in with deviceID there is no way to save anything to units property, because you do not have access to unit (or user).
But indeed it is good to know if config was applied and we will think how to make this work

Very true that neither provide any receipt mechanism for push. 

I look forward to thoughts, ideas on how a version verification can be done.  Any further thoughts on the command chaining of sending multiple commands in a notification?