Feature Request: A Button (Open Google Map for Directions to the Unit)

Тема: Feature Request: A Button (Open Google Map for Directions to the Unit)

Hello everyone!

The feature is a button in the website or mobile app that will generate and open a Google Map link with the position of the unit at that moment, just like the link we get in notification (%GOOGLE_LINK%).

We are working with more than 4 sales companies, and they requested to have this feature, they really instated to have it until i found out that i cannot give them what they need, because this feature is not available in Gurtam Monitoring System.
The companies requested it because they needed to make an unscheduled checks on their sales cars, to see if they are actually selling their products or not. it can be used for other purposes as well.

I hope you make this feature available.

I believe you could even make this feature better, by making it in the system (mobile app / something like Locator), so you can get directions to the unit even when it moves!

Thank You

Re: Feature Request: A Button (Open Google Map for Directions to the Unit)

Hello omaralwhaibi,

It seems that you can use our current app "Locator" to solve your problem. This app is ideal for the described case.

"Locator" is used to generate links and share the current location of your units. Open a link to view the map of the locator where units are displayed along with geofences (if they have been indicated in the link creation settings). Gurtam Maps, OpenStreetMap, and, if available, Google Maps are used to show the location of units.

Best regards,

Maksim Shvets
Business Analyst
Gurtam

I'm sorry i didn't clarify my request.

I asked for google link, so i can use the Direction feature in google map to get to the unit location.

omaralwhaibi пишет:

I asked for google link, so i can use the Direction feature in google map to get to the unit location.

If you will tap and hold over unit name in mobile app's Map mode you will got routing option, directly into Google Maps or other navigation app installed on mobile.

At the dark side of telematics...

shal пишет:
omaralwhaibi пишет:

If you will tap and hold over unit name in mobile app's Map mode you will got routing option, directly into Google Maps or other navigation app installed on mobile.

this actually worked! Thank you very much!

i had to tap the name on the map tho, using the mobile app.

thank you once again.