Long Road Geofence Notification

Тема: Long Road Geofence Notification

Hello,

Use case: To trigger a notification when a unit has entered or left a certain road.

What is the best method of implementing this? Creating a long geofence along the road does not work because it intersects many other different roads.

Thank you.

Re: Long Road Geofence Notification

Hello,
Please try to use: https://docs.wialon.com/en/hosting/user … er#address

Hello,

This will not work since it is a long road (highway/freeway). Someone mentioned that I could use position filter for the areas I want to exclude from the notification but that may require geozone overlays. How would I do this?

Hello,

levon пишет:

Creating a long geofence along the road does not work because it intersects many other different roads.

It is still not clear why creating a long line geofence won't suit you, and also why intersection whit other road will affect standard geofence control notification.

levon пишет:

Someone mentioned that I could use position filter for the areas I want to exclude from the notification but that may require geozone overlays. How would I do this?

Such filters can be applied in reports, but not in notifications. Notifications can control entering to or exit from list of geofences only.

@ Oleg Zharkovsky
Customer Service / Quality Control and Training
"Timely is the best. But still better late than never."