Logistics

(15/03/2016 14:13:19 отредактировано shmi)

Тема: Logistics

Try our new app — Logistics!

This is a simple logistic solution, which allows you to create or import orders, then distribute them among vehicles in the most rational way and, finally, track routes online as well as generate reports upon their fulfillment.

Logistics consists of two applications — web and mobile.

The web application is for operators (dispatchers). It's available on apps.wialon.com and can be added to your service in the usual manner. Besides, there's a separate point of entry on logistics.wialon.com

Mobile application is an addition to the web application. It's aimed to drivers and couriers. Android (released) and iOS (coming soon) platforms are supported. 

Google Play
Documentation
Blog

Logistics

Re: Logistics

I was just reviewing this App, I am impressed with the level of automation particularly for customer notification.

We added a few manual test deliveries for the next day to allow us to test.

I note that on the mobile App it does not show the deliveries we put in - I assume only the current day's deliveries can be seen by drivers?

Onwards and Upwards!!
Knowledge, data & information is power!

Logistics

FleetPursuit пишет:

I was just reviewing this App, I am impressed with the level of automation particularly for customer notification.

We added a few manual test deliveries for the next day to allow us to test.

I note that on the mobile App it does not show the deliveries we put in - I assume only the current day's deliveries can be seen by drivers?

Hello, on the Mobile app a driver is able to see assigned on him current, upcoming and past (where at least one order has not been delivered or cancelled) routes . You may also set a driver's notification, so he will be for sure aware of any change in routes or deliveries.

Logistics

Hi

Gurtam Team, is it possible to add Persian Calendar to Logistics?

Logistics

hhamedk пишет:

Hi

Gurtam Team, is it possible to add Persian Calendar to Logistics?

Hello!

Developers analyze the possibility of implementation Persian Calendar in the app "Logistics". We will update the information when we get news about this question.

Logistics

Hi guys.

It will be possible to add these characteristics to logistics.

1. That the routes are automatically closed according to a fixed schedule. example at 12:00 the next day.
2. That the orders are only validated within the fixed schedule range.

Logistics

cerpas hello - yes, something of that kind we are planning to implement soon. Make sure to follow our release notes in the weblog.

By the way - yesterday we released Logistics 2.2 - make sure to read the article here https://weblog.gurtam.com/2017/11/logistics-2-2/

We would love to see your feedbacks here. Also you are free to use e-mail - logistics@gurtam.com

Logistics

Hi, i'm trying to create a new route in gurtam with the request  order/route_update in the following link of the gurtam api docs https://sdk.wialon.com/wiki/en/sidebar/ … ute_update which has the next parameters

svc=order/route_update&params={ "itemId":<long>,
                "orders":\[\],
                "routeId":<long>,
                "callMode":<text>}

i Send the parameters with PHP like this

$paramsRoute = '{"itemId":15884440,
                "orders":[6,12],
                "routeId":0,
                "callMode":"create"}';   

$arregloRoutes = $wialon_api->order_route_update($paramsRoute."&sid=".$sid."");

where orders means the orders asignet to a specific unit, what i want to do is create a route with those orders in the array of the params orders in the request but in the response of the server i get the error: {"error":3}  which means     Invalid result

Any ideas of what i'm Doing wrong to get that error in the response ?? 

the final goal is to create a route whit many orders asigned to a unit in logistics.

Hope you can help me guys, Thanks !

Logistics

Hi guys, i'm trying yo create a route with some orders that i have created in logistics, first y create the orders Using the command route_update in the callmode create, after y assign the orders to an specific unit, using the comand Assigning unit to order.
svc=order/update&params={"itemId":<long>,   /* resource id */
             "id":<long>,        /* order id (0 if create) */
             "u":<long>,        /* unit id */
             "callMode":"assign"}
like that, until here everything is OK, i create the orders and I assign them to a unit the problem came next
When i try to create a route whit the command  order/route_update:
svc=order/route_update&params={ "itemId":<long>,
                "orders":\[\],
                "routeId":<long>,
                "callMode":<text>}
the response of the server is error 3: invalid result sending the parameters in this way
$paramsRoute = '{"itemId":15884440,
                "orders":[6,12],
                "routeId":0,
                "callMode":"create"}';
i'm almost sure that the problem is in the array "orders", can someone give me an example of this, how can i do correctly the creation of a route with orders ? PLEASE ANY HELP IS WELCOME
Thanks

Logistics

labi, you wrote:

Developers analyze the possibility of implementation Persian Calendar in the app "Logistics". We will update the information when we get news about this question.

Please update me in this case.

Logistics

Hello Gurtam- Noticed in the Dec  news, under development lists logistics "Orders distribution options".  Can you share any highlights of this?
Thank you.

Logistics

praveenitech, better stop SPAMING...

If you have good software, write good texts but not such a stupied text of your own software.

Politeness dictates it to write his name on a post

Logistics

(19/12/2017 19:03:40 отредактировано hhamedk)

labi, you wrote:

Please update me in this case.

GT, Pleaseeeee!

Logistics

(19/12/2017 20:24:07 отредактировано hhamedk)

Hi Gurtam Team

As a prospect of a real route optimization application I'm thinking about considering some kinds of parameters in route optimization algorithm in routing engine like:

1. Vehicle hourly/per mileage cost
2. Driver hourly cost
3. Fuel costs per mileage
4. Vehicle working limitations (maximum working time per day, day of week/month working limitations, day/night shifts, special zones entrance limitations, etc)
5. Driver working time limitations (maximum working time per day, day of week/month working limitations, day/night shifts, etc)
6. Penalty costs (amount should be paid to the customer in case of delayed delivery)

(these mostly can be useful for multiple orders delivery per single trip)

And also a functionality to calculate each order cost based on predefined formula considering:

1. Distance
2. Volume of order
3. Weight of order
2. Rush hours
3. Special zones (orders which are inside such zones)

(these mostly can be useful for single order delivery per single trip)

Would you please inform us if you have any plan to implement mentioned functionalities in future updates or not?
Do you have any plan to deliver Logistics as an local application together with WL?

Other partners please share your opinions and vote if you find it useful.

Logistics

Hi GT

Some logistics carry high value goods and they want to limit each vehicle total carrying capacity by goods cost. This will decrease robbers risk.
Would you please add a feature to define maximum possible carrying cost of each vehicle?
Other partners please vote if you find it interested.

Logistics

hhamedk пишет:

Hi Gurtam Team

As a prospect of a real route optimization application I'm thinking about considering some kinds of parameters in route optimization algorithm in routing engine like:

1. Vehicle hourly/per mileage cost
2. Driver hourly cost
3. Fuel costs per mileage
4. Vehicle working limitations (maximum working time per day, day of week/month working limitations, day/night shifts, special zones entrance limitations, etc)
5. Driver working time limitations (maximum working time per day, day of week/month working limitations, day/night shifts, etc)
6. Penalty costs (amount should be paid to the customer in case of delayed delivery)

(these mostly can be useful for multiple orders delivery per single trip)

And also a functionality to calculate each order cost based on predefined formula considering:

1. Distance
2. Volume of order
3. Weight of order
2. Rush hours
3. Special zones (orders which are inside such zones)

(these mostly can be useful for single order delivery per single trip)

Would you please inform us if you have any plan to implement mentioned functionalities in future updates or not?
Do you have any plan to deliver Logistics as an local application together with WL?

Other partners please share your opinions and vote if you find it useful.

Hello, Hamed,

There are certain plans of enhancing the routing in the app - they consider volume of the goods and the capacity of the unit for instance. Also a spreading of the orders over units and so on. There are NO plans for restricted geofences (as routing currently does not allow that), no plans for fuel/hour/delivery costs as there is no place to store the data at the moment. Aswell as there are no plans in having penalty costs for the missed delivery windows - we only indicate troubles, that occur in the optimization and it's up to user to decide - whether to react upon that or not.

As for Logistics as a local application for Wialon Local - it is already in-built. Since last release (1704) and we plan to go on with this for sure.

Logistics

serd, Thanks for clarification.
Logistics optimizes orders and routes But it Doesn't optimize number of vehicles and dispatcher should select vehicles. Is there any plan to add this feature to Logistics to automatically select vehicles that matches with orders? This way customers can keep some vehicles in parking and send only vehicles which are mandatory for delivery of goods.

Logistics

Hello, Hamed.

Currently we have no such plans because actually at the moment I have no idea why can anyone use this feature - if the user cannot decide, which unit to pick, he can simply select all available. If he needs a special "type" - there are filters on the type in the bottom left corner (right in the RTL layout).

Logistics

(24/02/2018 17:13:07 отредактировано hhamedk)

serd wrote:

Hello, Hamed.

Currently we have no such plans because actually at the moment I have no idea why can anyone use this feature - if the user cannot decide, which unit to pick, he can simply select all available. If he needs a special "type" - there are filters on the type in the bottom left corner (right in the RTL layout).

It may be my bad explanation of issue. Consider that a distribution company has 100 vehicles and now they use all these vehicles. They not only looking for optimization of each vehicle route but also they need to use maximum capacity of each vehicle everyday. This way they may have 10 free vehicles after optimization. They can decide to expand their customers as system says that all orders can be done by 90 vehicles, so they have 10 free vehicles which can carry extra orders for new customers!

Logistics

hhamedk пишет:

serd wrote:

Hello, Hamed.

It may be my bad explanation of issue. Consider that a distribution company has 100 vehicles and now they use all these vehicles. They not only looking for optimization of each vehicle route but also they need to use maximum capacity of each vehicle everyday. This way they may have 10 free vehicles after optimization. They can decide to expand their customers as system says that all orders can be done by 90 vehicles, so they have 10 free vehicles which can carry extra orders for new customers!

After optimize is done, in the footer of the page you will see how many units were used for that. Also at the moment the system tries to use less units possible to carry all the orders. And for that purpose already planned routes are also considered in the mechanism. So the point is - the requested functionality (per your last description) is already done.

We have in plans not only such behavior as sometimes it is necessary to fairly spread the orders between the units (not truly effectively) - therefore additional option in the optimize algorithm is planned to be implemented - maybe you shall consider it for the future projects.

BR.

Logistics

On recent meetings with client we have seen two issues come up again and again.

1. Clients need interval pickups (Garbage Company’s) like 7, 14 and 28 days. If the job is entered and picked 7 day interval, then this job will appear 7 days later automatically again and again until canceled. Garbage colleting is pretty stable and constant and they need interval pick-up solution everywhere.

2. Pickup or drop-off. Driver needs to understand is it pickup or drop-off (fast currier service). They don’t have one pickup location and 10 drop-off locations. They operate one pickup - one drop-off. Or is it possible to solve like one job has pickup and drop-off? Currently clients are using comments for driver to understand is it drop-off or pickup. Different colors or some odder visual aid would be good for drivers.

Thanks for grate job you have done so far wink

Logistics

When generating report in Logistics, especially pdf format, can we have the option to select Portrait or Landscape. In some reports in Portrait the columns are going out of the margin.

Logistics

Hi GT

Would you please inform us if you have any plan for adding Persian Calendar to Logistics?
Please don't tell me that you are waiting for other valuable partners to request same feature and then put it in your schedule as all we know that your users/partners from Iran (some times Tajikistan and Afghanistan) use this feature.

Logistics

hhamedk, we don't have any immediate plans for adding Persian Calendar to Logistics.

Logistics

I'm not happy of this shmi, no one use this without Persian calendar in Iran.

Logistics

Building a client base with GPS positions.

I have a proposition for a new feature for Logistic Mobile app and reporting.

When a driver confirm delivery in Mobile Logistic app  -position,time and client name is sent to server , report with Client name,time  and GPS position can be made.
Easy geofence(clients) creating based on this report .

In some areas addresses are not correct or a client is not exactly on position where address is pointing !
With this tool we can build our own correct Client base for better delivery  and reporting.

Best regards